The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

Program 360 controller to turn on/off PC

jcrowley30

I was wondering if anyone has figured out how to program the guide button on the 360 controller to turn on/off the PC. It would be great to not have to use anything but the controller, wireless mouse and keyboard. That way I can tuck the computer out of the way in the living room.. I know this is the ultimate "Are you that lazy" feature but I think it would be awesome to have.

I tried searching the web for this but 15 pages of searches and videos all showed me only how to turn on my controller.

Thanks,

John

• 2 weeks later...

did you workout how to do this ?

I have a cabinet shipping to me this week and i want to be able to configure one of the buttons on the controller panel to power up the PC.

It makes it feel like a real arcade machine if you dont have to fumble around booting up a pc inside !

i haven't tried this yet (as the arcade cabinet and controls have not been delivered yet) but if i go into the BIOS of the motherboard and allocate one key as a power button could i then map that key to one of the buttons on the control panel using xpadder ?

does anyone know if that would work?

Archived