Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Manufacturers Games Pulled From MAME with Main Menu Themes

PaintNothing

Dude no offense but it was near impossible to find stuff for a msdos wheel. Not trying to sound rude, but this is a lot of work! :) Those guys are supposed to seem fuzzy btw they are from Wolfenstein and I didn't want to use a doom guy since I already did on the DOSBOX wheel. Sorry man.

If you can find decent png art for that wheel I will make it for you however! :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok - the pages you showed me are obvious. When I say PNG format I mean it. That is the only format that works to make the clean logos. Otherwise you have the background of the picture showing too. I am well aware on how to search google images. JPG, BMP, etc do not work. Without the PNG's for me at least I can't make them any better.

I know better artists like bad and thk and others can take any picture and edit it to make a beautiful png file, but I do not have the software or the knowledge on how to do those. So that is why you get what you get with me. It's the best I can do with the software and knowledge I have.

Also - the blurriness comes from the overlay on the top half.

Thanks Paint. Did you post that blue and red tint yet? :)

Yeah sure I've knocked these up, hope they are ok. :-) I'll upload to ftp now. Ill put them in folder artwork.

post-5525-14287057946_thumb.png

just to let you know too, i have my sizes as follows, looks great at this resolution, you set them in hyperHQ.

post-5525-142870579465_thumb.jpg

post-5525-142870579436_thumb.png

post-5525-142870579438_thumb.png

post-5525-14287057944_thumb.png

post-5525-142870579451_thumb.png

nice job trist! much appreciated. could I bother you to make one for Famicom, Super Famicom,Nintendo Satellaview? woulld appreciate it!

post-25596-142870579468_thumb.png

post-25596-142870579474_thumb.png

post-25596-142870579477_thumb.jpg

post-25596-142870579484_thumb.gif

@Hunk-you still using zinc? you know all those games run on MAME,right? why u would want to put yourself through the torture that is configuring zinc is beyond me! :banghead::banghead:

Speaking of Zinc, what if there was a theme made just for all of the Sony hardware driven MAME games? That way no one needs to use Zinc anymore, just use the new theme and matching database. It would be the same deal as when Paint Nothing made themes for Konami, Namco, Cave, etc.

Speaking of Zinc, what if there was a theme made just for all of the Sony hardware driven MAME games? That way no one needs to use Zinc anymore, just use the new theme and matching database. It would be the same deal as when Paint Nothing made themes for Konami, Namco, Cave, etc.

I got rid of zinc too as my computer handles the 3d games well in mame 64bit. I could knock up a theme like the classics series for these 3d games if people want it?

Paintnothing, any chance you kept the art you made for all the arcade classics wheels? Id like to make blue versions of them. In the end I would like to color code my wheels: Arcade in blue, pc type systems in another color, nintendo in another.... etc.

That being said do you mind making me like 5-10 other colors as well? :)

Paintnothing, any chance you kept the art you made for all the arcade classics wheels? Id like to make blue versions of them. In the end I would like to color code my wheels: Arcade in blue, pc type systems in another color, nintendo in another.... etc.

That being said do you mind making me like 5-10 other colors as well? :)

I'm afraid I didn't keep the artwork afterwards, it's one pet hate I have with files all over the place. I keep everything very organised but when something is finiished I usually delete my work, stupid I know. You would have to chop up some of my existing themes I created where the logo's were used, that way you can take the logo's out of them and resize (they are in png format so you should be ok).

What colours do you want, give me a list on here and i'll make them for you today. :-)

hunk, no worries I am still going to do you a theme for dreamcast. Also i have atari st to do and this 3d mame games one. I'll work on them as soon as I can, if i say i will do it i wont let you down, just had a break for a while with work.

@ Paintnothing. Awesome! Take your time. The 3D Mame games theme sounds interesting. Man I wish there was a way to have a browse by manufacturers in Mame. All these awesome themes are cluttering up my main menu! Not complaining though :D

There is a way to have a browse by manufacturer. You download my wheels for the classic series, then use rom2xml to create an xml for each manufacturer you want. (select the wheel directory as the rom, then make a manufacturer xml called say: Capcom Classics) Then just add the xml's to the genre wheel and use my existing wheels, you would lose the themes though, you would have to have a background png for each manufacturer, works just like the mame genre filter aka fighting games, platform etc.

Archived