Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Manufacturers Games Pulled From MAME with Main Menu Themes

PaintNothing

Totally having a brain fart. How do you get the wheel images to show up skewed like that again? I know I've done it before but can't figure it out for the life of me now.

Hi evil, you have to set vertical 3d position under hyper hq - wheel settings to left, depending which way you want them to go.

I have mine like this;

post-5525-142870577536_thumb.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, I noticed that a few of your XML lists in your databases folder on the FTP don't contain the right games (e.g. Capcom Classics.xml contains many other manufacturers, pretty much most of the MAME list)

Would you like me to generate these XMLs for you? I can do it pretty quickly using my tool.

If so, I will upload them to my FTP folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a side note, I noticed that a few of your XML lists in your databases folder on the FTP don't contain the right games (e.g. Capcom Classics.xml contains many other manufacturers, pretty much most of the MAME list)

Would you like me to generate these XMLs for you? I can do it pretty quickly using my tool.

If so, I will upload them to my FTP folder.

Hey thanks that would be great. What I did is take the whole mame xml file and use it as my classics xml. Then I ticked wheels only so that only the capcom games I had wheels for would show up. What I would be really greatful for is some xml's for stuff like snes and amiga. I have so many custom sets where i have games that aren't in the hyperlist xml that i just used rom2xml to create a list, problem is that you get no manufacturer details like year made etc.

I would be really greatful if you could do that thankyou.

I visited your website too, nice cab!

Thanks.

I came across a few forks after starting to filter out the lists:

- Should clones be filtered out? What of the master ROM is a Japanese version while the clone is a Europe or USA version.

- What if the ROMs do not support the right input on your cabinet (e.g. Trackball game without a trackball, or you don't have enough players for your cab).

-Should imperfectly emulated ROMs be included?

There are a couple other cases which I am too lazy to mention. With that, I will create two versions of each XML:

1. XML containing all games for that manufacturer (including working, non working, and all clones).

2. A version specific for my cabinet. If a parent has clones, the correct ROM will be determined on the following priority.

A. If a 2 player version exists

B. Labeled as world

C. Labeled as US

D. Labeled as Euro

Most Japanese games will be filtered out.

Hi evil, you have to set vertical 3d position under hyper hq - wheel settings to left, depending which way you want them to go.

I have mine like this;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17688[/ATTACH]

Ah yes, that's it. I'll give this a shot tomorrow, thanks!

This whole thing has inspired me to create a new feature for Don's HyperSpin list generator. A list splitter where it auto-generates all your needex XML files based on a category. You would be able to split files by genre, manufacturer and rating.

A genre splitter already exists in 2.2. I think I will rename that to DonsHyperSpinListSplitter and add in the new functionality for 2.3.

OK. I figured it would take more time than I thought to manually export files for each manufacturer as there are so many of them. It took just as long to write a tool to auto-split these files based on manufacturer.

The list of XML files are in the upload section of the FTP. They are in "/Upload Here/emb/MAME - Split by Manufacturer.zip". Files were autogenerated using my list splitter tool:

Don's HyperSpin List Generator 2.2.2 Released

OK. I figured it would take more time than I thought to manually export files for each manufacturer as there are so many of them. It took just as long to write a tool to auto-split these files based on manufacturer. I had no idea there were so many manufacturers for MAME.

The list of XML files are in the upload section of the FTP. They are in "/Upload Here/emb/MAME - Split by Manufacturer". Files were autogenerated using my list splitter tool.

Don's HyperSpin List Generator 2.2.2 Released

Any chance of making said tool which was used during this process available to the general public? I could use something like that for HyperBase. Granted I could program it myself but my time is stretched so thin working on HyperSync that I scarcely have the time to write a new routine a day. Thanks emb.

Any chance of making said tool which was used during this process available to the general public? I could use something like that for HyperBase. Granted I could program it myself but my time is stretched so thin working on HyperSync that I scarcely have the time to write a new routine a day. Thanks emb.

Gladly. We can discuss the details further over PM.

Hi everyone, I'm currently working on Data East theme, also I have noted Atari too. Any last requests to complete this classics collection?

After this project is complete I might work on some other themes that people need, if you want me to of course? :-)

Logo is done;

post-5525-142870577607_thumb.png

Data East theme is finally finished. Went for something a bit different this time, bit of a gamble but I think it works out ok.

I was playing a bit of final fight and seeing graffiti on the subway/park inspired me to try a bit myself! lol

Hope you like :-)

post-5525-142870577614_thumb.jpg

post-5525-14287057761_thumb.jpg

PaintNothing, can I make one last request? As someone stated earlier Atari was also a manufacturer that cranked out some top arcade classics. Can you do one for Atari? Condlsidering we have themes for missle command and Centipede it would be fairily easy to maybe borrow some art from them and add in a background and make a wheel logo.

The Data East one came out great too thank-you so much!

Data East looks great! Thanks for that one. Looking forward to Atari as well.

Btw, was the Cave theme ever uploaded? Didn't come across that one the other day.

Thanks, I'm glad you like them. The cave theme should be under Hyperspin themes, media, main menu, themes, cave.

I've changed the stucture so it matches how hyperspin is set out as default so you can just drag and drop.

Atari is coming on well, should be finished tonight or tommorrow. :-)

@ PaintNothing-gorgeous work! Thank you very much,my HS setup really needed a new look,and these themes are just what it needed.One question-when you said you uploaded the video's to emumovies,I assume you mean the ftp? Any chance you can upload to the site itself? Would be appreciated. :)

@ PaintNothing-gorgeous work! Thank you very much,my HS setup really needed a new look,and these themes are just what it needed.One question-when you said you uploaded the video's to emumovies,I assume you mean the ftp? Any chance you can upload to the site itself? Would be appreciated. :)

I'll have to look into that, didn't know you could. Thanks for the comments though glad you like them.

I have just done a Triforce theme, details on theme announcments forum. Atari is still in the works, going to do something special. :-)

post-5525-142870577639_thumb.jpg

post-5525-142870577641_thumb.png

post-5525-142870577642_thumb.png

Archived