Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

(Project) Gamejunky Cab

Imagamejunky

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.

Updates here.

The 2 ipac ultimates are running perfect now!! Andy at Ultimarc sent me a new firmware version (124) to try with my second ipac ultimate. This new firmware successfully assigned "ID2" to this second board. Then Andy sent me a new PacDrive32.dll to replace the original one in my LedBlinky folder. These 2 changes have now allowed me to successfully program both ipac ultimates with LedBlinky. These boards are functioning perfectly with Hyperspin/LedBlinky now. I'm super stoked.

After TONS AND TONS of problems, I decided to remove the ultrastik360's from my cabinet. In my opinion it is such a HUGE pain in the ass to use usb analog joysticks in a cab with windows 8.1 running Hyperspin. Hyperspin doesn't natively allow for analog sticks in the menus and dealing with xpadder or other joystick programs is frustrating to say the least. The worst part is trying to get stupid windows 8 to KEEP the joy ID's assigned to the correct stick. Windows will randomly assign ID's to these joysticks even when you leave them plugged in. For example, if I plugged a usb device like a lightgun in then windows might make it #1 while bumping the joysticks to #2 or #3 or #7!!!. Then when you run mame the config files are all wrong so your controls won't work. Yes, I read that there are some ways around this by using a controller remapper but this looked like a real pain also and I didn't want any more hassle.

So now my joystick setup is ALL digital and I couldn't be happier. 2 Servostiks for P1/P2 and 2 J-Stiks for P3/P4. I also installed RGB handles on the joysticks. I really love the feel of these digital sticks and I love the look of the RGB handles. The digital sticks JUST WORK with Hyperspin and windows doesn't mess them up of course. Awesome! I highly recommend to anyone building a cab to stick with digital sticks. If I would have done this to begin with I would not have wasted so much time. Yes I have now lost the analog stick for the emu's that need it but I can still use xbox360 wireless controllers for those.

Earlier in this thread I recommended using JoyID because I thought it was helping me with joystick ID assignments. This program was actually causing some problems and therefore I can't recommend this anymore. Apparently it is a very bad program to use with windows 7 or newer (thank you Sevenseal!!).

I will post more pictures/video with all of the led's later.

Hope this info helps someone.

Junky

• 3 months later...

Hi guys. Here's a link to a short video I shot last night showing the home arcade with my 3 project builds. (Arcade Cab, Virtual Pin Cab, and the new 4K-UHD Racing Sim Rig)

I thought I would share it because it shows the updated control panel with the RGB handles on the digital joysticks. I like these handles much more than the previous ones.

Thanks

Junky

That giant will not fit in my bedroom dude .  What a fantastic built.   :thumbsup:  I am not 100% gamer but this cab is very well decorated + entertain. Ship it to Hong Kong and you will earn a lot of coins per round .

Great stuff. A nice entertainment selection and it sounds just like an arcade.

All you need is some cigarette burns of the floor and a few blobs of dried up bubblegum randomly stuck to various surfaces and maybe spill some beer for a really authentic smell.

Seriously though, looks like a whole lot of fun to be in that room. The marquee does look cool too.

Thank you very much guys! It's nice to hear the kind words.

I'm very proud of my builds. All of my hard work is paying off now because friends and family are having fun playing. And that's why we do this expensive silly hobby right? :)

Junky

Thank you very much guys! It's nice to hear the kind words.

I'm very proud of my builds. All of my hard work is paying off now because friends and family are having fun playing. And that's why we do this expensive silly hobby right? :)

Junky

You'd think. I can't get anyone to play it other than my Brother, but he lives in another city.

I do force my daughter to play it with me sometimes.

I just went through all of the posts on here haha that was fun and what an amazing cab! However, I find it odd you were having issues with JoyID.  I am running on win7 64 and it solved all of my problems besides mame every once in a while changing things. ( I think I found a fix for that though) What are the issues you were having with JoyID? I have my P1 P2 arcade controls, 2 360 pads, 2 n64 pads, 2 gamecube pads, 2 psx pads, 2 aim trak guns, and 2 wii motes with the dolphin bar... all working.  I mean the aim traks sometimes lose their calibration but their ID's stay the same.  They work though in Mame, sega model 2 and 3...  The only issue I have is mame sometimes changes its own ID's around for the 360 pads, track ball, and guns.  Its a real easy fix, but this software for mame called controller remap might be the solution I have been looking for that will solve that issue.  I just haven't had time to mess around with it yet. Before JoyID though I had all the controllers switching their ID's on every reboot and it was screwing up all my emulators.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man, I'm in love with your cab! It pretty much has everything I was wanting to put in my own custom cab, which I'd like to start making as soon as I get a house (which is happening in the next few months), Only problem is I'm a retard when it comes to wood work, In high school wood shop when everyone had to make a wall plaque of a trophy fish, I made a flounder...

So I was just wondering if you had any sort of sketches of your cab or measurements or just anything really that could help me get started with designing it?

• 7 months later...

Hey man, I'm in love with your cab! It pretty much has everything I was wanting to put in my own custom cab, which I'd like to start making as soon as I get a house (which is happening in the next few months), Only problem is I'm a retard when it comes to wood work, In high school wood shop when everyone had to make a wall plaque of a trophy fish, I made a flounder...

So I was just wondering if you had any sort of sketches of your cab or measurements or just anything really that could help me get started with designing it?

Sorry for the very late reply. Thank you very much.  I will be posting more in depth information soon.  Hopefully that will help you (if you still need it)

Junky

Archived