Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mayflash Dolphin Bar And Taito Type X (BLUETOOTH) Trouble

cowboy

Hi All

Mayflash Dolpin Bar i have this working fine with Dolphin but when i come back

out to hyperspin enter Taito Type X and launch game i'm getting errors.If however i

Unplug Mayflash bar then the TTX games work just fine.I know

this is a Bluetooth problem, Is there a workaround for this, i was thinking about

putting a switch in line to turn Mayflash bar On/Off when i need to use it.

Thanks

COWBOY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The files that disables and enables Bluetooth in order to make TTX games playale does not work with Dolphinbar. You can either put the dolphinbar in anothe mode (1, 2, or 3) when launching a TTX game or you can set up the games that crash (not all of them will) to launch with "Game Loader All RH.exe". I did that when I got my Dolphinbar. It wasn't fun to set up this system all over again. But now it's all good again :)

Same goes for some PC games. One example would be Far Cry 4. If I start the game and the dolphin bar is in mode 4, Far Cry 4 thinks the dolphin bar (in mode 4) is a controller and completely overrides the 360 controller and makes the game unplayable. If I take the dolphin bar out of mode 4, the 360 controller is then detected and works again. Maybe worth communicating to Mayflash.

• 4 weeks later...

I sent a message to mayflash support, mentioning the situation and seeing about possibly adding an exe to enable/disable bluetooth. I just received this response from them:

"Hi Sir

Thanks for your message and cool idea

It is hard to do — with/withou an exe file or something else to enable/disable the bluetooth function.

How do you think to add a switch off/on to control the bluetooth ?

Best regards,

Mayflash team"

I don't think English is the rep's native language. Sounds like they are interested in hearing an idea for how to do it themselves

Yea, something along those lines would be great. Also a heads up, I've realized that OpenBOR has problems with the dolphinbar. When it's plugged in at all and I try to load an OpenBOR game, I get a white screen with distorted sound, and the controls are permanently damaged for that game. It's another situation where an off button would be very helpful.

Fortunately I was able to come up with a batch file to disable the dolphinbar. Now I just have a batch run at the beginning of the dolphin module to enable the bar, and then use another batch at the end of the module to disable it again, as I only use the bar for wiimotes in dolphin.

Fortunately I was able to come up with a batch file to disable the dolphinbar. Now I just have a batch run at the beginning of the dolphin module to enable the bar, and then use another batch at the end of the module to disable it again, as I only use the bar for wiimotes in dolphin.

Interesting [emoji57]

• 3 months later...

ok I spoke a little too soon haha so it works if I run it outside of hyperspin / hyperlaunch.  However, when I use it in hyperspin it doesn't work.  I could see that the batch was running so I added a pause to it so I could see what the command line was saying.  For some reason it runs differently when being run from hyper launch.  I attached a working.jpg which is running it manually and a not working.jpg which is when hyper launch runs it.  I honestly cant figure out why hyperlaunch would be causing this.  Any ideas?

post-16523-0-87124500-1437169881_thumb.jpg

post-16523-0-31470700-1437169888_thumb.jpg

ok I got it.  Still don't understand why... but I got it lol.  I got ride of the "C:\windows\system32\" from the batch files so it now runs devcon from the root directory.  Now it runs just fine and the games are launching perfectly.  I don't know if devcon still needs to be in system32 folder as well or not but I am leaving it there haha.

• 3 months later...

Hey JoeC3109, how can I run the batch files before/after the module? Also, on my PC the Dolphin bar turns off completely after running the disable batch instead of staying on as you mention in your read me, just wondering if you know why this could be happening? I would rather it stay on so that I can use it as a regular light bar for Aimtrak. Thanks. 

Hey yardley, I just sent you a PM explaining how I do it. As i mentioned, the most ideal way would probably be using that "User Functions" aspect that I've read about on the RL forums. However, I don't know how to properly use it yet, so the way I mentioned is the best I've got for now.

Hey yardley, I just sent you a PM explaining how I do it. As i mentioned, the most ideal way would probably be using that "User Functions" aspect that I've read about on the RL forums. However, I don't know how to properly use it yet, so the way I mentioned is the best I've got for now.

Thanks a lot man! I know about the User Functions feature you mentioned, I actually have a script running there that was provided by member rfancella to control some functions of the ipac encoder. Check out this thread over at the RL forum, I know next to nothing about AHK but I have a feeling you can probably understand it a lot better and possibly come up with a working solution for what we discussed. Let me know!

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?1391-How-to-pre-launch-and-post-launch

• 3 weeks later...

How do you make sure the bar is disabled to start with?

Archived