The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

My First Cab. 1-UP ARCADE

mameshane

Yea that 3d carbon fibre looks just like the stuff I got, it's been on my cab for over 2 years and hasn't faded or peeled (I did tape the edges with strong duct tape tho) don't really see any finger marks either, not sure what it will look like tho with ur glossy cab

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
im just going to screw it to the inside of my cabinet, two sides of the amp have little tabs with holes pre made in them for easy mounting.

it has volume/bass/treble dials on the front of it, i will just set these to the maximum i want to use, then use a volume adjusting ahk script to control the main volume in windows. (still got to find one of these, but i know there out there) and adjust the volume via control panel. but being a full size cabinet, i will have access to the controls if i ever need to adjust them again.

also, if you have a look on there site, there are other mini amps like this available that even have remote controls and are still reasonably cheap...

to power it i bought a ac power supply of the same people. heres a link to a search on that site that shows all the ones available so that you can get one for your region.

Give us a shout if your struggling with the volume control, I'm using a little volume app that allows shifted volume control, can't remember the name but I can check if you need

Give us a shout if your struggling with the volume control, I'm using a little volume app that allows shifted volume control, can't remember the name but I can check if you need

that would be awesome, what's the name of it? I'm already getting some complaints that its too loud. so would be good to beable to lower it quickly.

Yea that 3d carbon fibre looks just like the stuff I got, it's been on my cab for over 2 years and hasn't faded or peeled (I did tape the edges with strong duct tape tho) don't really see any finger marks either, not sure what it will look like tho with ur glossy cab

my control panel isn't gloss now (it's the standard xarcade laminate with ugly red 'x' on it. and it looks alright. so I could only imagine the carbon fibre would look even better. plus for $10 delivered if I don't like it it's not a major loss.

that's an idle volume adjuster. I'm after a script that will allow me to volume up and Down. (I don't have an ipac, so don't have that functionality already)

It's called "volume2" you can set it to control volume using different key comb's, so for example I use player 1 button 2 held down, then left and right flipper buttons for vol up and down..

It's called "volume2" you can set it to control volume using different key comb's, so for example I use player 1 button 2 held down, then left and right flipper buttons for vol up and down..

just did a google search on that name. is this the one? i think it's exactly what I was looking for! thanks I'm going to test this tonight. will keep the wife happy. haha

I just use this now for some of my cabs for volume control. Plus it glows blue at the bottom, very cool and good quality.

http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-NA16029-Multimedia-Controller/dp/B003VWU2WA/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358476697&sr=1-1&keywords=powermate+usb

thanks for that suggestion. I might use one of those on my next project.

do u mean any keys u would use at the same time? couldn't u have a flipper button as the held down then use the joystick up and down? there's no time I would be using those together in game

Yes exactly thats why I use my player 1 button 2 held down and then flipper left for vol down and flipper right for vol up. Im just thinking if I had two spare inputs on my ipac I could have dedicated volume buttons..

Yes exactly thats why I use my player 1 button 2 held down and then flipper left for vol down and flipper right for vol up. Im just thinking if I had two spare inputs on my ipac I could have dedicated volume buttons..

got it installed works really well. i had to set it to button 2 also plus flipper buttons as button 2 is alt. it wont accept an alpha numeric key as the shift key to then press another button. i love the OSD and all the different skins you can pick from. also you can control screen brightness from it as well which is pretty cool.

also, fixed another issue that had been bugging me for quite a while. i have hyperspin shelled in windows 7, and on bootup it will load it directly then something would take focus and basically make it look like it had frozen until you hit a mouse button to regain focus.

how i fixed it was waited till it froze, quickly hit alt tab, and could see the icon and name of the application that had stolen focus. then i ran this utility from microsoft called autoruns and located the application, unchecked it so it didnt load on startup. and hyperspin no longer freezes on startup.

• 1 month later...

just a quick update, I have been waiting for a replacement power transformer for my led lights as it stopped working. I should get it in the next day or two. then I can finish off my light reflector in the marquee and try taking some higher quality photos.

• 8 months later...

Archived