The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

My First Cab. 1-UP ARCADE

mameshane

thanks for your comments everyone. i appreciate the feedback.

@lowkey - when i ordered my cab i didnt go through the site i had been talking to troy about it for a little while. i originally was going to go for the satin black finish, and he mentioned he had high gloss black available for the same price. so i took him up on that. so if you ever go to order anymore and dont see it on the site, make sure you check if he has any.

it does look pretty awesome! but it will be a pain to keep fingermarks off it and im finding it difficult to get decent pictures off it, because if i use a flash at all it reflects way too much and its worse then the ones i been taking with my phone...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a quick update, monitors mounted. so it's useable now. still a few things to do. I really want to get some type of graphic on the control panel to cover up the xarcade logo. I will probably change the buttons and joysticks eventually also. I made a few new holes in the top of the cp for some extra buttons I'm going to add in.

I would love some feedback on what I should do for control panel artwork? plain black with different buttons and joysticks? or some cool artwork that matches in with the cabinet?

post-62360-142870583355_thumb.jpg

I think that would look badass. Do it!

yeah it will look badass. but unfortunately (after doing some costing) it looks like it would also be badass on my wallet at this stage lol. I have decided I'm definately going to do it. but it's going to be a while before I can pull the trigger on it.

it would be cool if I could also somehow get the LEDs I have in the cab at the moment to somehow change with what's going on with the ones on the control panel. not sure how u do that.

Yes ! You can do it with the PACLed64 and LedBlinky.

That's also the way I want to go.

I've ordered the LedBlinky about 2weeks ago and a bunch of RGB leds, too.

Also wanted to use this kind of combination - inner black and outer translucent.

Only want to light the outer ring of the buttons when the chosen game supports it. (NEO GEO colours when playing NEO GEO games)

My amplifier turned up today. i have hooked it up to the 4inch speakers. sounds pretty good! at first i missed the bass i was getting from my 5.1 pc speakers, but after playing for a while, it didnt bother me at all. i didnt have the issue of needing to ground it to my motherboard some others had noted in another thread. i think its because im using a separate power brick from it and not power from the pc?

i will find a spot and mount it inside the cab on the weekend. and take some better resolution photos. i have really been enjoying playing it now its pretty much a complete cab. My dad is even now contemplating wanting to make one for his place.

i would like some opinions on if i should change the t-molding on the tankstick from the black it has now to the green to match the rest of the cab. or does it suit the black?

the current t-molding thats in there is slightly different size, it has a thicker slot, and the green just wants to keep falling out, so if i did decide to change it to the green what are my options? glueing? is it hard to remove if its been glued in?

My amplifier turned up today.

the green just wants to keep falling out, so if i did decide to change it to the green what are my options? glueing? is it hard to remove if its been glued in?

What amp you bought buddy?

Cant you apply some tape to the back of the t mold to thicken it to help it wedge in place?

I've bought such an amplifier on eBay:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lepai-838-2-1-mini-Auto-Motorrad-Verstarker-car-amplifier-super-bass-de-/140753444758?pt=CE_Auto_Hi_Fi_Autoverst%C3%A4rker&hash=item20c58f1f96#ht_1539wt_1163

with the extra built in subwoofer chanel it has a lot of bass. (just the potentiometer for adjustment isn't chosen to well...)

@mameshane: Why do the others connect the ground to the mainboard - are there any interferences ?

I do have some light interferences sometimes - littele bit of crackling in the background. You can hear the crackling while copying files or moving windows on the desktop.

Since it's not the Cinch Audio cable I know it's the fact that I power it via the computer power supply.

I've a 12V power filter to stabilize the power supply and filter out the interferences for the audio amplifier.

Hope that'll work...

sorry forgot to post a link to it. I got this one.

when applying the tape do u do it in small segments or along the whole length?

I guess it depends how loose it is and in how many places....This process isn't reversible (unlike glueing) , so slap some on a trial section (say an 1" long) and see if that grips. Get this to work then repeat over longer lengths..

So on the amp - you just plugging that via 3.5mm jack / twin phono cable to your pc jack socket ?

I guess it depends how loose it is and in how many places....This process isn't reversible (unlike glueing) , so slap some on a trial section (say an 1" long) and see if that grips. Get this to work then repeat over longer lengths..

So on the amp - you just plugging that via 3.5mm jack / twin phono cable to your pc jack socket ?

is that 1 foot or 1 inch? i always get confused with that :)

yes, 3.5mm jack / twin rca adapter

post-62360-142870583745_thumb.jpg

post-62360-142870583742_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the amp pictures update,i may grab one of these were are you mounting it? And how are you changing the volume?

Also what are you using to power it?

im just going to screw it to the inside of my cabinet, two sides of the amp have little tabs with holes pre made in them for easy mounting.

it has volume/bass/treble dials on the front of it, i will just set these to the maximum i want to use, then use a volume adjusting ahk script to control the main volume in windows. (still got to find one of these, but i know there out there) and adjust the volume via control panel. but being a full size cabinet, i will have access to the controls if i ever need to adjust them again.

also, if you have a look on there site, there are other mini amps like this available that even have remote controls and are still reasonably cheap...

to power it i bought a ac power supply of the same people. heres a link to a search on that site that shows all the ones available so that you can get one for your region.

Where could i get some plain black (preferably glossy if possible) control panel overlay to stick over the top of my tankstick?

Ozstick.com.au used to have a plain black overlay not sure if they do anymore, I got a sheet of fake carbon fibre vinyl from eBay when I did my control panel it's from 3M and made for cars (interior and exterior I believe) was pretty cheap too ill try find a link when I get home.

Ozstick.com.au used to have a plain black overlay not sure if they do anymore, I got a sheet of fake carbon fibre vinyl from eBay when I did my control panel it's from 3M and made for cars (interior and exterior I believe) was pretty cheap too ill try find a link when I get home.

yeah i dont think ozstick has it anymore i checked there the other day.

i found this high gloss one

or a 3D carbon fibre one

so thoughts?

black carbon fibre or the high gloss? im thinking Black 3D carbon fibre.. i think the gloss might get annoying on the control panel always smudging up etc.

Archived