Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Is it possiable to add a coin mech?

Hi,

I'm new to hyperspin, I was going to buy a arcade machine a 400 in 1 game but they are old, and I see these hyperspin have loads of old and new games, the graphics look cleaner and the cabinet, an I see people making them.

I'd have mine in my shop, question is if I made one can I make it so people pay per play like a arcade coin mech, are there any tutorials on here?

If your set up is arcade games only then, yes you can do this. It will not work for console games as they are technically free play games anyway!

The way I have seen other people do it is, if you are using MAME...you go into the options and set a button for "add coin". This button is then placed inside your cabinet, down next to the coin mech. The idea being when someone puts a coin into your cabinet, it falls down and hits the button thus adding a coin!

Doing this is highly illegal and can earn you huge fines from whatever gaming authority exists locally. Even just having one of these in your place of business and setting it to free play can end up with you receiving sizable fines. Don't do it.

Maybe you could split the wire running to the coin mech and have it run to a arcade button hidden somewhere on your cabinet! This way when people come over they will have to add a coin but when your playing by yourself you can just hit you hidden button to add credits!

you could write a custom program to do some sort of time limit per coin

That's what I was thinking. You could probably make an AutoHotKey script that just disables the controls/ipac until a coin is put in. Then just change the "Free Play" special art to say "Insert Coin"

Something like

5::run, devicemgmt.msc
#winwaitactive Administrator - Command Prompt
Send, Devcon Enable *iPac* {enter}
sleep 50
Winclose
Return
With that if your coin mech registers the "5" button the drivers to the control board load and start working (in theory. HA!).I just started using AHK 4 days ago and barely know how to use it, but that is basically the code I made to turn my VJoy drivers on/off. You would need to tweak it to shut down again after a certain time I suppose.

EDIT: That is if you can find a way to get scripts to run within Hyperspin/Hyperlaunch in the first place. I'm pulling my hair out trying to get them to automatically register.

Still TC it would be way easier to simply only have the Mame/Arcade games wheel running that already have the "insert coin" feature built in. That's simple and takes nothing extra other than adding a coin mech.

Archived