Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Feature Requests for HyperSpin 1.4

ghutch92

I had a few other ideas:

Hyperspin

-ability to assign categories to systems in same way genre's are applied to games. That way we could show for example only arcades... cd based game systems... portables... vintage era systems... etc.

-Support for page break type bar between systems, some way to have a line or something we could use to distinguish different system groupings. Might make it harder to overscroll a long list.

HyperHQ.

-More robust main menu system setup. Ability to easily re-order systems.

-Wizard to re-name existing systems (and all subsequently related files and folders like db/main menu media/settings/etc.). I just went through this trying to match my list to the HL and it was hell, took a few hours while it could easily be automated in a wizard for other people.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Support for page break type bar between systems, some way to have a line or something we could use to distinguish different system groupings. Might make it harder to overscroll a long list.

I already do that in my current HS setup.

Just create a new system named after your line break (I create a few to separate Arcade, Console, Handheld, PC, and fanMade).

Them organize your main menu systems order to begin be after the corresponding "fake system". Something like that on your main menu.xml:

<menu>
<game name="[color="#40E0D0"]ARCADE SYSTEMS[/color]"/>
<game name="DICE"/>
<game name="MAME"/>
<game name="[color="#40E0D0"]CONSOLE SYSTEMS[/color]"/>
<game name="Sega Genesis"/>
<game name="Super Nintendo Entertainment System"/>
<game name="[color="#40E0D0"]HANDHELD SYSTEMS[/color]"/>
<game name="Atari Lynx"/>
<game name="Sega Game Gear"/>
<game name="[color="#40E0D0"]PC SYSTEMS[/color]"/>
<game name="Microsoft MS-DOS"/>
<game name="Microsof Windows"/>
<game name="[color="#40E0D0"]INTERNET, OPENSOURCE, FANMADE, ETC.[/color]"/>
<game name="Touhou"/>
<game name="PopCap"/>
<game name="OpenBOR"/>
</menu>

Finally you can create a wheel and system themes for each of these separators. (Just don't add games to its xml databases).

They will act as separators for the distinct systems that you have in your HS setup.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a suggestion in the program (shouldn't be that hard to implement), but could you make a small change in how MAME game themes are implemented? If you download the theme for 19xx, for instance, 19xx will now have a background but no wheel art. You have to unzip the theme and copy 19xx.png into the \Media\MAME\Images\Wheel folder. Not that this is hard to do, but it's extremely tedious to do every single time just for a single theme. Isn't it a simple matter to change the wheel art for the game to be read as <rom>.png?

Just a suggestion in the program (shouldn't be that hard to implement), but could you make a small change in how MAME game themes are implemented? If you download the theme for 19xx, for instance, 19xx will now have a background but no wheel art. You have to unzip the theme and copy 19xx.png into the \Media\MAME\Images\Wheel folder. Not that this is hard to do, but it's extremely tedious to do every single time just for a single theme. Isn't it a simple matter to change the wheel art for the game to be read as <rom>.png?

You can download all of the wheels at once, just become a gold member and get access to the FTP. That'll save you sooo much time!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived