Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Feature Requests for HyperSpin 1.4

ghutch92

I'm trying to put together a list of feature suggestions for HyperSpin 1.4 - 2.0

Hyperspin 1.4

Hyperspin 2.0

Hyperspin XX

#.....Votes ...Requests

1.......2......Customizable Artwork Exit Transitions

2.......1......More Artwork Transitions added to current selection

3.......1......Wait for background music to finish before starting attract mode

4.......3......Gradual speedup when scrolling in one direction through wheels (user defined)

5.......1......Wheel centering on x & y coordinates (coordinates for more exact placement)

6.......1......Enable background music and video audio at the same time

_______________-user adjustable percentage for both (i.e. background music = 20% & video sound = 80%)

7.......1......Be able to add custom artwork transitions to Hyperspin & hypertheme to share with others.

8.......2......A second genre-like system using manufacturers

9.......1......Video transition from main menu wheel to sub wheel

10......1.....Add option for Attract mode to just go to next game

11......1.....Be able to use system fonts for display text.

12......4.....Multiple wheel layers, Sub wheels inside of sub-wheels.

_______________-if enabled looks for xml file of same name

_______________-i.e. system\selected name.xml OR system\selected name\selected name.xml

13......9.....Info screen that pop ups when a button is pressed. Display name, manufacturer, genre, hiscore,

___________description\history (with auto-scroll), hyperspin controls, game controls, artwork, manuals,

___________video, and other statistics.

14......1.....Touch screen support

15......1.....Multi-screen support

16......2.....full screen videos for attract mode (add option to overlay video with high score)

17......5.....Send PC Games instead of PCLauncher.

18......2.....Volume fade after X amount of time in attract mode.

19......2.....Second screen support instead of LEDBlinky (Marquee Monitor Suppport)

20......2.....trackball bug

21......2.....sound bug

22......2.....Change horizontal wheel style controls. Change the left key to be previous game, right key to

___________next game, the up key to previous letter and the down key to next letter. If this is not possible

___________revert back to HS 1.2.

23......2.....Attract mode to go in and out of wheels

24......3.....Main menu genre and manufacturer wheel

25......2.....Allow sub-wheel default theme to load completely when transitioning from main menu

26......2.....Custom wheel fade delay

27......2.....more control over background loading animations (this is not video transitions)

28......3.....Remove case sensitivity

29......1.....Add an artwork layer below the wheel. description

30......1.....Themes for Genres instead of just backgrounds. (be sure to include video capability)

31......4.....Fix joystick support. Slow start-up with multiple joysticks and it's too sensitive when using the axis controls. (If it can't be fixed remove it)

32......1.....Internal Volume Control that is specific to only Hyperspin. Use the = and - buttons to turn program volume up and down.

33......3.....Relative Path for Media, Databases, and Settings Folder

34......1.....If theme is missing play a slideshow of background images from a Media\SystemName\Images\Backgrounds\_Default folder.

35......1.....Random themes. This could work using current naming structure. Do a search for "RomName.zip" If not there look for

____________"RomName (wildcard).zip" This could also be done for system themes

36......2.....Global Genre and Special Artwork. Maybe put it in the Media\Frontend folder.

37......4.....Enable/disable games from within hyperspin using a separate file from the database file.

This has nothing to do with HyperSpin the program, but I would like a site mod to maintain a list of requested features and known bugs.

If you wish to vote just post or pm me the request number and I will add your vote. If you have a request please just post it or link it with some sort of description.

Any requests for Linux or Mac Os versions will be ignored by this list.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corrected: Feature Requests for FUTURE HyperSpin versions.

Nothing wrong with users putting together lists of requests. These can be addressed with 1.4, 2.0, whatever BBB sees fit. Still does not hurt to have requests from the community. Also, HS 2.0 was in full development when 1.3 came out, but BBB still listened to the requests of the users and released it.

What's with this second screen support instead of LEDBlinky? LedBlinky is an essential part of any front end. I think I'm misunderstanding this.

What HyperSpin imo lacks the most (and what Gameex has over it) is the # 13 feature request: An info screen. Synopsis, tips, cheats, other tidbits. Then we can have a complete museum like experience on our emu boxes.

@ghutch92 May I suggest, although I've never used it personally, but have seen it use on many forums and blogs the use of polldaddy ? it's a poll creator. I thought this might be usefull for people to vote as oppose to you having to constantly update and edit your first post to reflect what people really would like to see implemented into HS 1.4. I don't know if a single poll would allow multiple votes, but may i also suggest categorizing feature request into let's say three polls allowing multiple votes.

Adding votes to:

-Ability to control how artwork exits.

-Info screen pop up on button press.

-Horizontal wheel controls.

-Get rid of PCLauncer.exe weirdness.

Suggest:

-Allow system (default) theme to load completely immediately upon entering the system wheel.

When entering a system wheel from the main wheel the default theme background will not load completely until you stop on a wheel for over a second. Usually I flip through the games real quick to get to the game I want. This causes the default theme background to continuously try to load but it won't until I stop on a wheel for a couple of seconds.

-Ability to let more artork layers be displayed below the wheel. As of now the only layer that can go below the wheel is the video, which is the last layer I would like to display below the wheel. The video layer should also be able to have more flexiblity as far as which layers it can be displayed above or below.

-Wheel fade delay

When stopping on a wheel the wheel image fades out immediately. It would be nice to delay that for a few seconds.

-More control of loading backgrounds.

I don't use video transitions and I would like to be able to use 1 or 2 simple Backround loading animations. There is one animation where the background bounces around in a circle around the screen. It is tough on the eyes.

-Get rid of case sensitivity.

Thank You, and please excuse me if some of my suggestions come off as petty or unneeded. I just love how HS can be customized and would love to see more.

All the poll services I've looked at can only do 10 questions. :( but thanks for the suggestion and I'll continue to look into it.

I did notice that with polldaddy too that's why I suggested breaking down all request into three ten question polls allowing the ability for everyone to place multiple votes because I'm not sure you can vote more than once on a single poll :)

Can someone else chime in on more artwork layers below the wheel? With the way it is currently done I only see being able to one more layer as Artwork0 and for it to be below Artwork1 but above the background. This would allow compatibility with other themes.

I don't find this necessary but I love customization. Can someone with theme experience chime in on this?

The only thing I can think that I would like is themes for Genres with a video rather than just background images.

Yeah. That's right! I think this is one of the most useful and probably something easy for BBB to implement. I think everybody wants this but somehow forgot. Great catch Shaybe!!

Can someone else chime in on more artwork layers below the wheel? With the way it is currently done I only see being able to one more layer as Artwork0 and for it to be below Artwork1 but above the background. This would allow compatibility with other themes.

I don't find this necessary but I love customization. Can someone with theme experience chime in on this?

As of now the layers go as follows:

Background

Wheel

Artwork1

Video

Artwork2

Artwork3

Artwork4

But when working on the Video tab in HyperTheme there is an option on the side panel:

post-11845-142870585101_thumb.png

When checking off below wheel the layers go as follows:

Background

Video

Wheel

Artwork1

Artwork2

Artwork3

Artwork4

Since Artwork1 is usually below the video it seems like it may be easy just to add an extra option to have Artwork1 be below both the video and the wheel or just have Artwork1 permanently be below the video under all circumstances. Or maybe the layer the wheel being displayed can be changed. Personally I would go with your suggestion of Artwork0 so we can have an extra layer. I ask of this request because I personally love the wheel art, but it can't really be left on without fading out unless Artwork is allowed to be displayed underneath it.

I only ask for this if it is a simple fix, which there is a chance it may be.

• 3 weeks later...

Suggestions:

Fix the start up stuttering that occurs when there are many USB devices plugged in.

Make the joystick controls more "mappable". I've got 2 U360s (one for P1 and one for P2), but their buttons are on a different encoder. So there are more than 2 joystick IDs for these, resulting in me only being able to mape P1's U360 as P1's joystick and P1's buttons as P2's joystick. I'd like to see a select input and press button type of thing.

Suggestions:

Fix the start up stuttering that occurs when there are many USB devices plugged in.

Make the joystick controls more "mappable". I've got 2 U360s (one for P1 and one for P2), but their buttons are on a different encoder. So there are more than 2 joystick IDs for these, resulting in me only being able to mape P1's U360 as P1's joystick and P1's buttons as P2's joystick. I'd like to see a select input and press button type of thing.

I personally believe that Hyperspin should remove support for joysticks and only support keyboard input for just one player. Most HS users use xpadder or joytokey for their joysticks.

i think we should have a volume for background music cause when i have hyper speech on i cant here it talking through background music so well and which is a bummer when its telling history and such

also i think we should supply backdrops for hyperspin as well so if a game dont have normal themes you could add a backdrop to it instead same with a main menu system back drop means bgs that change like a slideshow

I personally believe that Hyperspin should remove support for joysticks and only support keyboard input for just one player. Most HS users use xpadder or joytokey for their joysticks.

hell no!!.......i also have hyperspin on a htpc as alot of other people and use the xbox 360 contoller for that

hell no!!.......i also have hyperspin on a htpc as alot of other people and use the xbox 360 contoller for that

And you can just use xpadder to send the kb keys instead. I tried setting my controllers in HS (for my new HTPC) and it only causes HS to spin all around, it just doesn't work enough to make it worth keeping in unless it can be fixed.

Archived