Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Just venting a rant

Wotto

So.....100 + solid hours into my HS set up. PC flawless the entire time. Today is the day....THE DAY....I have it all done and I'm about to drop PC into cab to wire up buttons/ program ipac etc.....and I get this ??????20180811_112614.jpg.10762177665b4f644e3d77a3f3e8ea89.jpg

Oh crap... It looks like it’s just an issue with the os. Your hyperspin setup is probably still intact. I would install Linux on a thumb drive, boot from that, copy your hyperspin directory over to another hard drive, reinstall windows, and transfer your hyperspin directory back over. 

Yeah this is an OS issue. You either don't have Windows installed on the hard drive you're using, or you don't have a master boot record written. Boot from a Windows recovery USB stick and you should be able to repair things or install Windows (but this option may require a format which will wipe your data).

This is really basic stuff, and not in a derogatory way, just low-level. You'll get through it but you'll have to shuffle things around for a bit, I bet.

Bwahahaha - I am one of those guys that always misses the obvious.

I read a bit online about this and was looking at the possibility of the boot from USB etc etc - then I looked at the error message again "try disconnecting any drives that dont contain operating systems"  I removed my D drive - started PC - PERFECT . I reconnected D Drive restarted PC............................perfect :)

My only concern is why it did it in 1st place and could it happen again.....

I had something similar a while back, I was using a hacked copy of windows using windows loader, and my AV removed the hack making windows unbootable.  Lost everything, months and months of setting up gone.  Upside is i`m a much better at rocket launcher/hyperspinner for it now!!!

Archived