Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Xbox One Controller Fades

mccorkled

2nd one much cleaner... gets my vote! I am not sure that idea will work though. I thought I heard something about a "like" limit somewhere here.

If this place was active I would be concerned. There's no way to insert a poll like every other forum so this is all I can really do.

Plus, everyone struggles to set up their systems. Fades are the last thing people worry about. Either way, any amount of likes one way or the other takes it. I'm learning towards the second one really hard. The guy that likes the first post earlier didn't even read the thread. I linked him and 1 second later he liked it and signed off haha.

I like option 2 the most.  The 1st image is just restarting the button it is pointing to.  I know I need fade screens since everything is zipped.  However I plan to put this in a cabinent at some point so will need to come up with a different sort of fade.  Also need to learn hwo to setup fade.  I always had 0% success.  

I like option 2 the most.  The 1st image is just restarting the button it is pointing to.  I know I need fade screens since everything is zipped.  However I plan to put this in a cabinent at some point so will need to come up with a different sort of fade.  Also need to learn hwo to setup fade.  I always had 0% success.

I had trouble until I found this.

Poll is in Use full editor > top right corner

I do not have that.

• 2 weeks later...

This is cool, how are these viewed in Hyperspin (never used fades or anything so am a bit lost)

Also, what is the "recommended" default Controller layout for a 360/XONE pad for Hyperspin (in menus not emus)

I have been trying to find but I can't. I can obviously pick what I like but trying to make my theme unified for what most people would use.

This is cool, how are these viewed in Hyperspin (never used fades or anything so am a bit lost)

Also, what is the "recommended" default Controller layout for a 360/XONE pad for Hyperspin (in menus not emus)

I have been trying to find but I can't. I can obviously pick what I like but trying to make my theme unified for what most people would use.

Fades launch for a specified amount of time before a game launches. As far as controller defaults, I don't know.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like it, love the controller faded into the black background like that, as for the buttons yeah i like the second one to. for the HOME button make that EXIT so it's used to exit out of the emulator. and maybe move everything a bit down so you can have the super nes logo above the controller in wheel size or maybe bigger. just an idea. great work

N1oslP4.png

I really like it, love the controller faded into the black background like that, as for the buttons yeah i like the second one to. great job maybe move everything a bit down so you can have the super nes logo above the controller in wheel size or maybe bigger. just an idea. great work

The "home" button on the controller is basically useless so I was thinking that the different console logos could go in that spot. A bit redundant though considering you know which system you are playing a game for.

As for the other elements that make up a fade screen, I am not sure how all of those work so any info would be great. Does the loading bar actually work? On some videos I have seen the loading bar seems to function as an actual loading bar, while other videos I have seen it seems like the loading bar is just for looks. I think it would help to know how it functions before I try and design one, if I even go that far. I am hoping to have this fade easily editable so that it can primarily work with the Aeon Nox XIII and the Aeon MQ6 Hyperspin themes that are currently being developed.

I put everything on separate layers so it is easily edited and you can hide buttons that are not being used for the current system.

Well the xbox 360 controller have a special driver that makes you map the home button, so maybe this one will get one to, as for the fades on RL i use HL with the screen fades so i cant help you on that part. the logos added is just and extra touch but everyone his own i guess. ;)

if you are done with the psd, please send it over. i would love to use it since i havent started on the fades yet. but it was on my list, thanks for this

Sounds good. I thought I wanted my Game Boy systems mapped to "A" and "B" on the Xbox controller but after playing for a while I realized that it was better suited on "X" and "A" but I did not fix this on the PSD. I also didn't go GameCube yet because like I said I have been busy and I was unsure how to best represent the C stick.

Can you link the font too?

It is on my Mac as "Apple Symbols" I looked in the font folder but it is not in there. The "Navigation" font used for the joysticks is an image, while the other fonts are actual type. You can just use any font, it is nothing special. Something thin will do best.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I really like it, love the controller faded into the black background like that, as for the buttons yeah i like the second one to. for the HOME button make that EXIT so it's used to exit out of the emulator. and maybe move everything a bit down so you can have the super nes logo above the controller in wheel size or maybe bigger. just an idea. great work

N1oslP4.png

I like this. I was working on the fades this weekend trying to get them all finished but I cannot figure out what places the various elements within the fade. I did not see an XML anywhere. Also for systems like NES, SNES, Genesis, etc, the fade needs to be set manually or else you barely get to see the controller screen before the game loads since the roms are so small. The problem I ran into was that the loading bar still zips through to 100% and "loading complete" plays but then you are stuck staring at this screen for however long it was desiginated for. I believe it would be better to somehow set the loading bar to move slower but I do not know if this can be done. When I load CD based games it takes 60 seconds or so for them to unzip and that give me plenty of time to look at the controls.

Archived