Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Commodore Amiga Nvidia Shield TV

Luvarim

Uae4arm is NOT compatible on Android TV devices anyway. Info about Amiga on android is NOT patchy, I have a dedicated thread about it and done many videos talking about the issues and progress on my Amiga forever project.

Even with a working uae file, the older version of uae4arm that does "work" on the STV has issues with CD32 controls by default. The latest version of uae4arm corrected this but only works on phones

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

The uae file may be incorrect...even if u click the file using a file explorer, that will auto launch the emulator to the game if all is correct...

I'll give that a go.

7 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Uae4arm is NOT compatible on Android TV devices anyway. Info about Amiga on android is NOT patchy, I have a dedicated thread about it and done many videos talking about the issues and progress on my Amiga forever project.

Even with a working uae file, the older version of uae4arm that does "work" on the STV has issues with CD32 controls by default. The latest version of uae4arm corrected this but only works on phones

I read through your thread, and through this big 326 reply thread too, and lots of sources discussing it, and there is lots of "I managed to do this" and testing games but little to no explanation of how. Nothing on the nuts and bolts of getting to that stage. So, let me rephrase that. Tutorials or anything on how to get Amiga working on android is patchy.

3 minutes ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

I read through your thread, and through the big 326 reply thread too, and lots of sources discussing it, and there is lots of "I managed to do this" and testing games but little to no explanation of how. Nothing on the nuts and bolts of getting to that stage. So, let me rephrase that. Tutorials or anything on how to get Amiga working on android is patchy.

You can watch this video I did. Gives far more information than I was given when I commented on the Amiga Android thread here.

10 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

You can watch this video I did. Gives far more information than I was given when I commented on the Amiga Android thread here.

Thanks for that I will have a watch.

Just as an aside, what is the problem with the blue joypad button? It works for me on my joypad.

20 minutes ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

Thanks for that I will have a watch.

Just as an aside, what is the problem with the blue joypad button? It works for me on my joypad.

I'll get around to doing a proper tutorial for the STV and Hyperspin in my own thread, when my project is finished. Hard to say when, as we still don't know what emulator will win out. Uae4arm hasn't been touched in months, the Amiberry devs got the funding they wanted for the software to port Amiberry to Andoid BUT I have no idea when it will be released. I have heard from Ransom recently, said he was maybe a month or so away from completing his new updated Amiga HDF collection. Once I have those files, I'll create a new xml database file with static naming and get all my media in order to match it.

iirc the default control set for the "blue button" on the old uae4arm build actually combines two button presses at once. Ransom had a hdf file that tested button inputs to confirm this, it's so long ago now I don't really remember the exact issue...just that some games that required the blue button to be pressed didn't play. It's now fixed in the new uae4arm build but that's not working on ATV, although some CD32 homebrew games/collections (e.g Amiga Jay's Psygnosis collection) do still have control issues. The genuine CD rips I tested on my phone were okay if memory serves.

9 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

just that some games that required the blue button to be pressed didn't play.

Interesting. Can you remember which games? I think I read Battlechess was one?

The only reason I asked, is that my config uses the blue button as it should as far as I can tell.

Just now, Rhoobarb2005 said:

Interesting. Can you remember which games?

In truth I've not touched Amiga on Android in a loooong time now. Instead I have been building up the missing media needed by playing through those games on my Amiga wheel for PC Hyperspin. I think Defender Of The Crown II required a blue button press to start the game. The blue button was definitely an issue as we discussed it at great length, Ransom actually figured out how to fix it by defining the controls manually in the uae file and not by using the emulator GUI.

57 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

In truth I've not touched Amiga on Android in a loooong time now. Instead I have been building up the missing media needed by playing through those games on my Amiga wheel for PC Hyperspin. I think Defender Of The Crown II required a blue button press to start the game. The blue button was definitely an issue as we discussed it at great length, Ransom actually figured out how to fix it by defining the controls manually in the uae file and not by using the emulator GUI.

I configured it through the emulator, just tested the blue button on battle chess the "press Blu to start" works fine. Same with Bubba N Stix in 2 button mode.

11 minutes ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

I configured it through the emulator, just tested the blue button on battle chess the "press Blu to start" works fine.

We wanted to bind the CD32 buttons to the colour coded buttons on the STV controller (i.e B is red, X is blue etc.) which would make the controls more intuitive. Blue is supposed to be Joystick button 2, Red is Joystick button 1 iirc. It's so long ago now I don't recall all the ins and outs, the old build that "works" on the STV had issues with games crashing and the GUI would freak out. Maybe it behaves differently now the STV is updated to Android Pie, I wouldn't know as I've not tested it or if the new build of uae4arm now works on ATV.

On a side note. It's "amusing" you're complaining others have not done tutorials or explained what they did to get things working. When you're not going into detail about how you bound the buttons in the GUI and just saying it works fine ;)

33 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

We wanted to bind the CD32 buttons to the colour coded buttons on the STV controller (i.e B is red, X is blue etc.) which would make the controls more intuitive. Blue is supposed to be Joystick button 2, Red is Joystick button 1 iirc. It's so long ago now I don't recall all the ins and outs, the old build that "works" on the STV had issues with games crashing and the GUI would freak out. Maybe it behaves differently now the STV is updated to Android Pie, I wouldn't know as I've not tested it or if the new build of uae4arm now works on ATV.

On a side note. It's "amusing" you're complaining others have not done tutorials or explained what they did to get things working. When you're not going into detail about how you bound the buttons in the GUI and just saying it works fine ;)

I have no problem in sharing, it's not a secret ;) , I am glad it amused you. As you already stated the Amiga had 2 buttons, it's just most joysticks at the time didn't have it as most games didn't use it. So blue is button 2, as it was on the controller. so A = button 1, B = button 2, X = green, Y = yellow, rewind = left shoulder, fast forward = right shoulder. Set those in the emulator and you are good to go.

Button layout corresponding is far more important than colour coding IMO. When I had a CD32, of the 40 or so games I had, I dont recall colour being more of an issue than the actual layout.

Liberation for instance, you battled by pressing each button representing one of your 4 team members. in a 2x2 pattern to match the button layout. I see no reason to map blue to X, just because it is blue on the pad. If anything it would just make some games more awkward to play.

21 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

The uae file may be incorrect...even if u click the file using a file explorer, that will auto launch the emulator to the game if all is correct...

OK, tried the UAE from within Hyperspin, boots into configuration menu. Same UAE file in a file explorer with AUE4Arm set as 'Always Open', boots into configuration menu. Load the same UAE file within the configuration menu, boots into game no problem.

use_gui=no is set, it even shows it so in the Miscellaneous sub menu when you load the config file.

I'm wondering if it's a version issue, or an argument needs to be passed to the emulator?

EDIT: Ok, after further testing, I have come across something interesting. I altered the default uaconfig file to have all the CD32 settings, and boot directly into Bubba n Stix.

So if I open the emulator on it's own, it loads the settings from the default uae, boots and runs the game automatically. Great.

But if I try and open the exact same UAE file within a file explorer, it boots to the main configuration screen and loads all the original settings as if there were no default UAE to load. So it seems like something is being tripped up along the way.

13 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

@Rhoobarb2005 copy paste the contents of your uae file.

Also post the filename.

Fyi Uae filenames cant have spaces

Interesting to know, I had been using spaces, which seemed to work when loading them up from the main configuration menu, but I guess that was another hurdle I would have reached. Thanks for that.

Are spaces allowed in the cue/iso/wav filenames?

Anyway, lesson learned, but the default filename I am trying to test this with does not have spaces.

As below.

Filename=uaeconfig.uae

Insert code does not seem to be working. So please forgive putting it in quotes.

config_description=UAE default configuration
config_hardware=true
config_host=true
config_version=3.5.0
kickstart_ext_rom_file_id=87746BE2,CD32 extended ROM
kickstart_rom_file_id=1E62D4A5,CD32 KS ROM v3.1
pandora.rom_path=/storage/4C6E26536E26365C/Android/data/atua.anddev.uae4arm/files/kickstarts/
pandora.floppy_path=/storage/4C6E26536E26365C/Android/data/atua.anddev.uae4arm/files/disks/
pandora.hardfile_path=/storage/4C6E26536E26365C/Android/data/atua.anddev.uae4arm/files/
pandora.cd_path=/storage/4C6E26536E26365C/Hyperspin/Roms/Commodore Amiga CD32/roms
; host-specific
pandora.cpu_speed=600
pandora.hide_idle_led=0
pandora.tap_delay=10
pandora.custom_controls=1
pandora.custom_up=0
pandora.custom_down=0
pandora.custom_left=0
pandora.custom_right=0
pandora.custom_a=-3
pandora.custom_b=-4
pandora.custom_x=-9
pandora.custom_y=-10
pandora.custom_l=-13
pandora.custom_r=-12
pandora.move_y=0
pandora.onscreen=0
pandora.onscreen_textinput=0
pandora.onscreen_dpad=0
pandora.onscreen_button1=0
pandora.onscreen_button2=0
pandora.onscreen_button3=0
pandora.onscreen_button4=0
pandora.onscreen_button5=0
pandora.onscreen_button6=0
pandora.custom_position=0
pandora.pos_x_textinput=0
pandora.pos_y_textinput=0
pandora.pos_x_dpad=4
pandora.pos_y_dpad=215
pandora.pos_x_button1=430
pandora.pos_y_button1=286
pandora.pos_x_button2=378
pandora.pos_y_button2=286
pandora.pos_x_button3=430
pandora.pos_y_button3=214
pandora.pos_x_button4=378
pandora.pos_y_button4=214
pandora.pos_x_button5=430
pandora.pos_y_button5=142
pandora.pos_x_button6=378
pandora.pos_y_button6=142
pandora.floating_joystick=0
pandora.disable_menu_vkeyb=0
; common
use_gui=no
kickstart_rom_file=/storage/4C6E26536E26365C/Android/data/atua.anddev.uae4arm/files/roms/Kickstart-CD32.rom
kickstart_rom_file_id=1E62D4A5,CD32 KS ROM v3.1
kickstart_ext_rom_file=/storage/4C6E26536E26365C/Android/data/atua.anddev.uae4arm/files/roms/Extended-CD32.rom
kickstart_ext_rom_file_id=87746BE2,CD32 extended ROM
flash_file=
cart_file=
floppy0=
floppy0type=-1
floppy1=
floppy1type=-1
floppy2=
floppy3=
cdimage0=$(FILE_PATH)/Bubba 'n' Stix (Europe)/Bubba 'N' Stix (1994)(Core)[!].cue,image
nr_floppies=0
floppy_speed=100
cd_speed=100
sound_output=exact
sound_channels=stereo
sound_stereo_separation=7
sound_stereo_mixing_delay=0
sound_frequency=44100
sound_interpol=none
sound_filter=emulated
sound_filter_type=enhanced
sound_volume_cd=20
cachesize=0
joyport0=mouse
joyport0autofire=none
joyportfriendlyname0=Nubs as mouse
joyportname0=MOUSE0
joyport1=joy0
joyport1autofire=none
joyportfriendlyname1=dPad as joystick
joyportname1=JOY0
bsdsocket_emu=false
gfx_framerate=0
gfx_width=320
gfx_height=240
gfx_refreshrate=50
gfx_refreshrate_rtg=50
gfx_vsync=autoswitch
gfx_vsync_picasso=autoswitch
gfx_lores=true
gfx_resolution=lores
immediate_blits=false
fast_copper=true
ntsc=false
chipset=aga
chipset_refreshrate=50.000000
collision_level=playfields
chipset_compatible=CD32
rtc=none
ksmirror_e0=false
ksmirror_a8=true
cd32cd=true
cd32c2p=true
cd32nvram=true
z3mapping=uae
fastmem_size=0
a3000mem_size=0
mbresmem_size=0
z3mem_size=0
z3mem_start=0x10000000
bogomem_size=2
chipmem_size=8
cpu_speed=real
cpu_type=68ec020
cpu_model=68020
cpu_compatible=false
cpu_24bit_addressing=true
fpu_no_unimplemented=true
fpu_strict=false
rtg_modes=0x502
kbd_lang=us
input.config=0
input.joymouse_speed_analog=20
input.joymouse_speed_digital=10
input.joymouse_deadzone=33
input.joystick_deadzone=33
input.analog_joystick_multiplier=15
input.analog_joystick_offset=-1
input.mouse_speed=100
input.autofire_speed=0
input.1.joystick.0.friendlyname=dPad as joystick
input.1.joystick.0.name=JOY0
input.1.joystick.0.empty=true
input.1.joystick.1.empty=true
input.1.joystick.2.empty=true
input.1.joystick.3.empty=true
input.1.joystick.4.empty=true
input.1.joystick.5.empty=true
input.1.joystick.6.empty=true
input.1.joystick.7.empty=true
input.1.mouse.0.friendlyname=Nubs as mouse
input.1.mouse.0.name=MOUSE0
input.1.mouse.0.empty=true
input.1.mouse.1.friendlyname=dPad as mouse
input.1.mouse.1.name=MOUSE1
input.1.mouse.1.empty=true
input.1.mouse.2.empty=true
input.1.mouse.3.empty=true
input.1.mouse.4.empty=true
input.1.mouse.5.empty=true
input.1.mouse.6.empty=true
input.1.mouse.7.empty=true
input.1.keyboard.0.friendlyname=Default Keyboard
input.1.keyboard.0.name=KEYBOARD0
input.1.keyboard.0.empty=false
input.1.keyboard.0.disabled=false
input.1.keyboard.1.empty=true
input.1.keyboard.2.empty=true
input.1.keyboard.3.empty=true
input.1.keyboard.4.empty=true
input.1.keyboard.5.empty=true
input.1.keyboard.6.empty=true
input.1.keyboard.7.empty=true
input.2.joystick.0.friendlyname=dPad as joystick
input.2.joystick.0.name=JOY0
input.2.joystick.0.empty=true
input.2.joystick.1.empty=true
input.2.joystick.2.empty=true
input.2.joystick.3.empty=true
input.2.joystick.4.empty=true
input.2.joystick.5.empty=true
input.2.joystick.6.empty=true
input.2.joystick.7.empty=true
input.2.mouse.0.friendlyname=Nubs as mouse
input.2.mouse.0.name=MOUSE0
input.2.mouse.0.empty=true
input.2.mouse.1.friendlyname=dPad as mouse
input.2.mouse.1.name=MOUSE1
input.2.mouse.1.empty=true
input.2.mouse.2.empty=true
input.2.mouse.3.empty=true
input.2.mouse.4.empty=true
input.2.mouse.5.empty=true
input.2.mouse.6.empty=true
input.2.mouse.7.empty=true
input.2.keyboard.0.friendlyname=Default Keyboard
input.2.keyboard.0.name=KEYBOARD0
input.2.keyboard.0.empty=false
input.2.keyboard.0.disabled=false
input.2.keyboard.1.empty=true
input.2.keyboard.2.empty=true
input.2.keyboard.3.empty=true
input.2.keyboard.4.empty=true
input.2.keyboard.5.empty=true
input.2.keyboard.6.empty=true
input.2.keyboard.7.empty=true
input.3.joystick.0.friendlyname=dPad as joystick
input.3.joystick.0.name=JOY0
input.3.joystick.0.empty=true
input.3.joystick.1.empty=true
input.3.joystick.2.empty=true
input.3.joystick.3.empty=true
input.3.joystick.4.empty=true
input.3.joystick.5.empty=true
input.3.joystick.6.empty=true
input.3.joystick.7.empty=true
input.3.mouse.0.friendlyname=Nubs as mouse
input.3.mouse.0.name=MOUSE0
input.3.mouse.0.empty=true
input.3.mouse.1.friendlyname=dPad as mouse
input.3.mouse.1.name=MOUSE1
input.3.mouse.1.empty=true
input.3.mouse.2.empty=true
input.3.mouse.3.empty=true
input.3.mouse.4.empty=true
input.3.mouse.5.empty=true
input.3.mouse.6.empty=true
input.3.mouse.7.empty=true
input.3.keyboard.0.friendlyname=Default Keyboard
input.3.keyboard.0.name=KEYBOARD0
input.3.keyboard.0.empty=false
input.3.keyboard.0.disabled=false
input.3.keyboard.1.empty=true
input.3.keyboard.2.empty=true
input.3.keyboard.3.empty=true
input.3.keyboard.4.empty=true
input.3.keyboard.5.empty=true
input.3.keyboard.6.empty=true
input.3.keyboard.7.empty=true
input.4.joystick.0.friendlyname=dPad as joystick
input.4.joystick.0.name=JOY0
input.4.joystick.0.custom=true
input.4.mouse.0.friendlyname=Nubs as mouse
input.4.mouse.0.name=MOUSE0
input.4.mouse.0.custom=true
input.4.keyboard.0.friendlyname=Default Keyboard
input.4.keyboard.0.name=KEYBOARD0
input.4.keyboard.0.custom=true

Well, thanks to the help from thatman84 who provided me with a working UAE example, it seems that the directories and/or filenames can't have spaces in either, as it booted from a filemanager straight into the game.

Not a huge problem, just possibly time consuming.

So on to the next step, integrating it with Hyperspin...

EDIT: Success, after renaming all the media files, game files and folders, plus the xml and cue file contents. It seems to be working.Now I need to create all the UAE files.

OK, I created a small VB6 program to generate each UAE file with the relevant rom/directory/filename/game information. It has saved a LOT of copy/paste time. So I have managed to automate most of the file management process.

If anyone is interested I could do a quick tutorial.

EDIT1: Well, the games I have tested using the auto generated UAE files seem to work.

It was awesome to play Pirates Gold! again after like 25 years.

The only real issue I have now, is exiting the game takes you to the emulator setup and then exiting the emulator game dumps you to the STV channels screen instead of back into Hyperspin.

Check other systems if it does the same....if so that means u have the shield setting turned on to kill all apps upon exiting....if u leave hyperspin to jump on an emulator, technically the shield sees it as if u left that app so it will kill it....when u exit the emulator, only place u can go back to is shield main menu

7 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Check other systems if it does the same....if so that means u have the shield setting turned on to kill all apps upon exiting....if u leave hyperspin to jump on an emulator, technically the shield sees it as if u left that app so it will kill it....when u exit the emulator, only place u can go back to is shield main menu

Unfortuinately, it is only UAE4Arm that does this. All the other emulators quit to Hyperspin just fine. HS is still running in the background, if you click on the HS icon, you are immediately put back where you are. No loading time, no splash video or anything.

3 hours ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

Unfortuinately, it is only UAE4Arm that does this. All the other emulators quit to Hyperspin just fine. HS is still running in the background, if you click on the HS icon, you are immediately put back where you are. No loading time, no splash video or anything.

Glad to see you've made good progress and are enjoying the CD32 games again. I wasn't being a **** with the controls comment, just that it amused me you were doing the same thing you complained others were doing. iirc Port 0: Is set as nubs as mouse and Port 1: is dpad as Joystick, all the other bindings you stated sound correct.

In regards to quitting. I press back to go to the uae4arm GUI, then double tap "Home" for the task manager and close uae4arm there and select HS again. Trying to double tap "Home" from the game playing often just ends up going to the STV Homescreen. I've cleared the Amiga stuff off of my phone for now BUT I could test to see how the latest version of uae4arm behaves when quitting with Arc Browser (sadly Hyperspin isn't compatible on phones)

I'm sure I mentioned earlier that uae4arm is borked, even the "working" version 1.0.0.19 has issues. Spend any amount of time in the GUI and it'll continuously scroll without any input, games do crash. I sent a log cat to the developer regarding the latest version crashing on STV. I've also sent the log cat and apk to some very experienced android devs I've been helping, hoping they can give us a raw apk to use until Lubomyr applies a fix for Android TV devices. 

2 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Glad to see you've made good progress and are enjoying the CD32 games again. I wasn't being a **** with the controls comment, just that it amused me you were doing the same thing you complained others were doing. iirc Port 0: Is set as nubs as mouse and Port 1: is dpad as Joystick, all the other bindings you stated sound correct.

In regards to quitting. I press back to go to the uae4arm GUI, then double tap "Home" for the task manager and close uae4arm there and select HS again. Trying to double tap "Home" from the game playing often just ends up going to the STV Homescreen. I've cleared the Amiga stuff off of my phone for now BUT I could test to see how the latest version of uae4arm behaves when quitting with Arc Browser (sadly Hyperspin isn't compatible on phones)

I'm sure I mentioned earlier that uae4arm is borked, even the "working" version 1.0.0.19 has issues. Spend any amount of time in the GUI and it'll continuously scroll without any input, games do crash. I sent a log cat to the developer regarding the latest version crashing on STV. I've also sent the log cat and apk to some very experienced android devs I've been helping, hoping they can give us a raw apk to use until Lubomyr applies a fix for Android TV devices. 

No worries, I never said I wouldn't provide any information on my progress, I just think key notes, instructions and "how to's" should have their own threads, not buried in amongst 300+ other general posts. If I get all the kinks worked out, and work out a proper repeatable roadmap, I would gladly do a step by step guide and faq to getting the CD32 working to help others. As long as it isn't treading on others toes of course.

As for the quitting, if you could test it in AB that would be great, at least it would give an indication if it is UAE4Arm forcing the hand, or HS reacting funny.

My CD32 setup is pretty much there now. I am currently trying to get the CDTV working. Although I have a feeling it's going to be only CD32 compatible games, as the CDTV KS and extended rom don't seem to want to boot a CD, but I have only spent about an hour on it so far, plenty of other things to try yet.

I agree, it's why I started my own thread. This one became too confusing with people using RetroArch and others Uae4arm. You're more than welcome to create a thread & do any tutorials you like for the community. I think I explained earlier the only reason I haven't written up my method, is that the best emulator to use long term on Android is still in question.

It would be great to "automate" the generating of uae files, for CD32 that's going to be easier than for the Amiga. AGA and ECS games have different settings for resolution and commonly used keys to be bound to a game pad vary from game to game. As the emulators on Android don't do cycle exact emulation we also need to make sure the games play at the correct speed and adjust the configuration as required.

Uae4arm 0.19 doesn't exit nicely from AB either on the STV. It'll be the latest build of Uae4arm I'll test on my phone and see how it behaves, if it does quit to AB that's great BUT the latest build of Uae4arm is NOT compatible on Android TV devices. I did start trying to do the CDTV rips BUT because Uae4arm kept playing silly buggers in the GUI, I stopped as it was just getting incredibly annoying. I think the newer uae4arm build behaves better with selecting extended roms but I could be wrong, not touched it in a while now.

My CD32 wheel is done, I've been working on completing media needed for the Amiga wheel until the emulator issues are resolved

41 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

I agree, it's why I started my own thread. This one became too confusing with people using RetroArch and others Uae4arm. You're more than welcome to create a thread & do any tutorials you like for the community. I think I explained earlier the only reason I haven't written up my method, is that the best emulator to use long term on Android is still in question.

It would be great to "automate" the generating of uae files, for CD32 that's going to be easier than for the Amiga. AGA and ECS games have different settings for resolution and commonly used keys to be bound to a game pad vary from game to game. As the emulators on Android don't do cycle exact emulation we also need to make sure the games play at the correct speed and adjust the configuration as required.

Uae4arm 0.19 doesn't exit nicely from AB either on the STV. It'll be the latest build of Uae4arm I'll test on my phone and see how it behaves, if it does quit to AB that's great BUT the latest build of Uae4arm is NOT compatible on Android TV devices. I did start trying to do the CDTV rips BUT because Uae4arm kept playing silly buggers in the GUI, I stopped as it was just getting incredibly annoying.

My CD32 wheel is done, I've been working on completing media needed for the Amiga wheel until the emulator issues are resolved

I agree, the amiga has been a bit neglected on android.

For the automation, I think it would be worth it, if only to do most of the legwork as most of the config files are boilerplate stuff, then micro-manage the individual UAE's to suit. It honestly saved me a ton of time,  aside from small tweaking here and there I have completed the CDTV set in an hour, including all the underscoring naming conventions, media, cue files and uae files. The titles I have tested seem to work fine. Any time saved is worth it IMO at least.

As for quitting. I had a feeling it would be the emulator.

I had noticed some graphical glitches in games, I resolved a few by adjusting the vertical offset to -3, Turrican for example, but the emulator will not save the adjustment to the UAE file, so I am not sure which setting that is so I can bake it into the automation. Found it lol

Yeah by all means write it up, I'm sure some people will find it useful. Although in truth most people are just waiting for a complete set of uae files. I've already done my set correctly, just waiting on the new HDF collection to be completed and see if I need to make any more.

Always glad to see Amiga stuff getting some love :)

4 hours ago, Rhoobarb2005 said:

I would gladly do a step by step guide and faq to getting the CD32 working to help others. As long as it isn't treading on others toes of course.

This is more than welcome, no toes will be trodden on! It all benefits the community.

So is CDTV possible? I thought it was only working for a small amount of games in mame. Or is it CD32 versions of CDTV games?

4 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Yeah by all means write it up, I'm sure some people will find it useful. Although in truth most people are just waiting for a complete set of uae files. I've already done my set correctly, just waiting on the new HDF collection to be completed and see if I need to make any more.

Fair enough I'll get writing.

2 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Always glad to see Amiga stuff getting some love :)

This is more than welcome, no toes will be trodden on! It all benefits the community.

So is CDTV possible? I thought it was only working for a small amount of games in mame. Or is it CD32 versions of CDTV games?

As you know (but for the benefit of whoever might read this who isn't and may be interested) the CDTV and the CD32 were essentially the CD versions of the A500 and the A1200. And the 1200 would quite happily run MOST a500 games. Some even benefitting from the extra RAM. Some games needed a small trick that a1200 owners used that disabled some of the newer hardware features. And others just refused to run completely. Nearly all of the "CD32" games were just A500+ (OCS/ECS) or A1200 (AGA) games directly ported. With perhaps a poor quality CDXL video, or CD audio tracks. Very few were actually developed exclusively for the CD32. The much hyped (at the time) Akiko chip that was meant to be a game changer for the CD32 failed to make any kind of impact as it was nothing that the exiting 1200 hardware couldn't do, just a bit slower. With that all in mind, I see no reason why the CD32 shouldn't run CDTV titles. And it does (mostly from what I have tested), but I wanted to try and at least see if I could get the original CDTV ks and ext running. But the emulator just goes straight to the old wb1.3 'insert floppy'. So I tried the CD32 ks and ext, but with the settings set to the older OCS/ECS hardware. It either refused because the processor wasn't an 020 or just a blank screen. I think the key to booting into a CD is within the extended rom. Also, it seems the CD32 handles CDTV titles slightly different as the spinning 32 logo does not appear.

There are not that many actual game titles for the CDTV, so you could in theory just throw the working titles in with the CD32 wheel.

Anyway, I thought I would just see how many would work, and am going through them now.

EDIT: And Xenon II is as great as I remember it on the a500+, only with CD audio of the Bomb the Bass tracks too! That takes me back :D

CDTV titles that I have tested (Well, got to start the game at least, may require further testing)

Works:
Battlestorm
Case of the Cautious Condor
Fantastic Voyage
Global Chaos
Guy Spy
Prehistorik
Raffles
Sim City
Space Wars (Most overly faffy menu I have ever seen in any game ever)
Town With No Name
Turrican
Xenon II (Must Get!)

Works, but....:
Hound of the Baskervilles (Works, but need to set "dPad as Joystick" on port 0, and  "dPad as mouse" on port 1)
Psycho Killer (Works, but need to set "dPad as Mouse" on port 0, and  "dPad as joystick" on port 1)
Mind Run (Loads, but control system needs figuring out)
Tie Break (works, but main menu invisible)
Wrath of the Demon (Works, but uses the right analog stick to control.)

Broken:
Chaos in Andromeda (Nothing, just blank screen)
Log!cal (Starts with splash screen and music, but just goes to blank screen)
Power Pinball (Nothing, just blank screen)
The Curse of RA (Nothing, just blank screen)

Archived