Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How to quickly rename my images to match Roms?

vaderag

I have a set of images for my Atari 2600 which seem to match an old XML. I have this xml but it has no CRCs so can't use Dom's tools to rename the rom's to match the images (not ideal either)

The roms I have match the XML linked from the Hyperlist page, so I want to rename the batch of images that I have with one naming convention to the batch of images with the new naming convention...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Use the HyperSpin_RomManager tool and set it to point to the xml you want to match with, change extension to png and it should run a scan and match.  Usually if the names are at least similar it does a very good job of finding the right match, but you might want to still go down the list and just make sure it picked the right one.

Tur-Match was made for that exact purpose. While it is no good with different region images/roms that contains important information in parenthesis (Europe) / (USA) etc as it totally ignores that, it should be fine for what you want to do.

Edit: And I'm always open to suggestions for it.

Just spent an hour with fatmatch and glad I made a backup of everything... too many similar names matching (i.e. Alien / Alien Greed / Alien Greed 2 all matched as Alien)

Back to the drawing board - Tur-Matcher coming next - will let you know my thoughts :)

Tur-Match was made for that exact purpose. While it is no good with different region images/roms that contains important information in parenthesis (Europe) / (USA) etc as it totally ignores that, it should be fine for what you want to do.

Edit: And I'm always open to suggestions for it.

So this is working out for me :) Thank you!

Still a bit more manual than i hoped, but nevertheless time saving!

You asked for suggestions... here are a few:

1) Closing each window is a bit unintuitive - a next / proceed button would be more freindly

2) I would like to have the option to go through the discarded ones - e.g. Mario Brothers didn't match Mario Bros. - I know i could change the threshold, but that would throw others off. On that last screen it would be great to have a tick or something next to each row so that I can accept the suggested match.

3) There appears to be an extra zero on the second screen menu - 600 matches instead of 60

4) All my explorer windows close when using it - not sure why. It would be nice if it didn't do that :)

Hope they are helpful!!

I updated to 1.7 to get rid of all the questions and added a nice GUI instead. Of course, I read your notes too late though =)

1) Closing each window is a bit unintuitive - a next / proceed button would be more freindly

1.7 now has a nice GUI instead. I just made it for me initially and never though it would take off the way it did =)

2) I would like to have the option to go through the discarded ones

Yeah, I know what you mean. 1.7 still has the "Is this a match" window. You could raise it from 2 to 20 but then you get a lot of questions =) I'll see if I can make a checkbox list instead of the "yes yes yes no no no".

3) There appears to be an extra zero on the second screen menu

Hm, see if its the same in 1.7. I fiddled a lot with the little things in it.

4) All my explorer windows close when using it

1.6 used traytips to the MAX to show what its doing. Worked fine in Windows 7, but I just noticed it crashed explorer on my Windows 10 as well. 1.7 does not use tooltips and does not close everything =)

Thanks for the thoughts =)

You can if you want to, sure.

For example, if you want to check HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Video ..

Rename Video to Video.old

Create a new Video (empty) folder.

Point it to the XML file.

Point it to the Video.old as source

Point it to the new empty Video as Destination.

Then you can check. I do think Dons tools or some other can find "unneeded" media though. Perhaps better.

Updated to 1.8. No more yes/no, yes/no questions at the end. Now with a nice GUI. Also a GUI to allow you to copy unmatched media if you find any matches =)

PartialHits.JPG

Looks awesome :)

No more clicking the X either right?!

Great work - it will prob be a few days now before i get an opportunity to test, but i'll let you know my thoughts when I do :D Thank you!

Looks awesome :)

No more clicking the X either right?!

Great work - it will prob be a few days now before i get an opportunity to test, but i'll let you know my thoughts when I do :D Thank you!

Thanks.

There are still 3 Xs.

First to show real names

Second to show file names

Third to show those that are automatically copied.

The last 2 Xs are replaced by the GUI above =)

Just wanted to say that this is now AWESOME!!

2 suggestions that would make it PERFECT ;)

1) Create missing folders - i want to just copy the source path and add \new in the second field but it doesnt accept it - you need to manually browse and create folder

1a) Linked to this, it would be good if the browse path of the destination started at the source folder rather than the root

2) Multi-folder select for direct replacement option - I have Artwork3/Video/Wheel folders that all need replacing with the same misnamings... i'd love to be able to run on all folders at once and just overwrite (which i know i can do on each)

Seriously tho - this app is amazing - saved me a TON of time - thank you :)

1 and 1a I can do.

For 2, thats a bit more more problematic..

Edit: Ok, here you go: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/5603-tur-matcher/

* The Browse button for Destination will now take you to the same directory as "Source files", if its set and "Destination" is not.
    * The status for the "Do not show result windows" checkbox is now saved in the INI file so it will remember your choice.
    * If the Destination folder does not exist, it will ask if you want to create it when clicking "Start".
    * Cleaned up some error checking when clicking "Start". It'll check that all seems correct now.
    * Added a "Reset to Default" button to clear everything back to default values.

So does the cleaned name of the source. & is translated into "and" in there as well.

XML: StringReplace($RomName, '&', 'and')

(replace & with and)

Sources: StringRegExpReplace($SourceNameClean, ' & ', ' and ')

(replace & with and)

Example:

and.JPG

Why not keep it & you may ask? Well, if the name is "1 & 2" and the media name is "1 and 2", you are going to have 4 misspellings. If we always translate & to and in both sourcename and sourcefile, "and" always matches "and".

Archived