Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

VEGAPIN - My Noob-Project

Sascha

Hej Dear VPerz

I use to play a lot of Pinball when I was young, but with Age this Passion went a bit to sleep. But just Yesterday i got caught by the Fascination of Virtual Pinballs. I watched all the Tutorials of that Dude scorpius (www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnKXIRK4-J4&list=PLZU98v6HPzNYCxOazPkDtTbBKPIAzi14V) and i was completely blown away. I didnt know something like this even existed and now here i am. One night later, barely slept an hour and already planned my own pinball cabinet: 43"/24" Screens, zebsboards all in one VP-Kit, visual pinball with a Hyperpin frontend.

pst_skizze_vegapin_1_s.png

pst_design_vegapin_1_s.png

Tipping Analysis looks pretty good

vegapin_COM_v1800.png

Place might be an issue here. But if things get packed i can still enlarge the lower belly on the front to get some more space.

Since Im a complete Noob to VPs a lot of - maybe useless - questions pop up. The Most recent one is this:

Focussing on the angle and placement of the playfield-screen and the playfielt glass is saw, that a lot of cabinet designs carry the screen parallel to the floor and only the glass is angled at 6 degrees up.

Is there any practical reason for that? Cause logically it makes no sense to me: The virtual tables are already styled in a kind of 3D-Style where a virtual pinball-backwall is already included. So the playfield itself should be angles at 6 degrees as well; or do i miss on somenting. And a angled playfield would improve the viewing angle on the screen and thus improve the perceptual color quality of the screen innit?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanx Metalzoic ;-) Yeah True, the woodshop dude is a crazy ass Oldschool Woodwork-Master and the woodshop is part of the set decoration/scenery-department of a big theatre. My Girlfriend works there and so i got connected. Happy Coincidence: The Woodshop-Man loves to play Pinball too. Hes already thinking about making another Vegapin for himself  ;-) Arwork is a mashup from old B-Movie Posters ("When Dinosaurs ruled the Earth", "Terror from the Year 5000" and sum Japanese Robot-Flick)

Love the design!

Looks ace I so want to build a VP but I just aint got the room to do the woodwork!

Well I havent either ... I hooked up a carpenter and we had around 10 hours for the Woodwork ... i paid the wood and put a bag of dollars on top for his help and the "rent" of his woodshop ... maybe you know some dude as well where you could do the same

Well tbh my bro in law is a carpenter so I would hire him to do the wood for me but hes just expecting his first kid so it will have to wait a while lol

Well that could be a good trade: Babysitting Hours in exchange for Woodwork Hours ;-)

Well tbh my bro in law is a carpenter so I would hire him to do the wood for me but hes just expecting his first kid so it will have to wait a while lol

He can't make something out of wood while his wife is pregnant? How does that make sense... Is that an Amish law or something? Or is he literally at the Hospital at this very moment?

Archived