Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I haven't been following the progress of this but......

Is this program like a newer version of hypersync??? Rewritten from the ground up?

I haven't touched my hyperspin setup in a long time and would be keen to try a new program.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I haven't been following the progress of this but......

Is this program like a newer version of hypersync??? Rewritten from the ground up?

I haven't touched my hyperspin setup in a long time and would be keen to try a new program.

Yes it is. The plan is to take this further than hyperSync ever did. I'm not ready to make any announcements today. But let's just say in the future, hyperspin installs will be much simpler.

Yes it is. The plan is to take this further than hyperspin ever did. I'm not ready to make any announcements today. But let's just say in the future, hyperspin installs will be much simpler.

Sounds awesome mate!!!

Can't wait to try it out!!!

Great job!!!!!

Yes it is. The plan is to take this further than hyperSync ever did. I'm not ready to make any announcements today. But let's just say in the future, hyperspin installs will be much simpler.

I was just going to ask the exact same question.  I haven't touched my computer with HyperSpin on it in a while but after watching SimplyAustin's videos on YouTube it has made me want to get back into finally getting this set up perfectly.  So does this mean that HyperBase Live will replace HyperSync eventually?  For someone who wants to get back into this, should I wait until HBL is official, use the HBL beta or use HyperSync.  I don't mind waiting if HBL is going to be better.  I just don't want to use HyperSync to get everything set up only to find out that it won't be as up to date or something if I would have waited for HBL.  Thanks.

I was just going to ask the exact same question.  I haven't touched my computer with HyperSpin on it in a while but after watching SimplyAustin's videos on YouTube it has made me want to get back into finally getting this set up perfectly.  So does this mean that HyperBase Live will replace HyperSync eventually?  For someone who wants to get back into this, should I wait until HBL is official, use the HBL beta or use HyperSync.  I don't mind waiting if HBL is going to be better.  I just don't want to use HyperSync to get everything set up only to find out that it won't be as up to date or something if I would have waited for HBL.  Thanks.

First off, welcome back. To answer your question. Yes, Hypersync will be retired and placed by HBL. We still have a few more milestones before HBL gets to release 1. But we're hoping to have that in the coming months. I would say wait and watch for updates here. In the meantime; make a backup of your setup and try beta :)

I didn't forget about you guys. I'm working hard on the admin portion of Hyperbase Live. This will allow our lovely admins to update and manage the new database system. So I guess that means new artwork is on its way! 

Once we wrap that up, we start beta 2. Highlights are:

• Updates to the view all page thanks to JayC.
  • Single System Sync
  • Remove System
  • Extended XML database support. 

XML Support may come in phases, so make sure you're reading release notes.

I've been really happy with all the feedback we've received so far. Thank you all for your support!

First off, welcome back. To answer your question. Yes, Hyperspin will be retired and placed by HBL. We still have a few more milestones before HBL gets to release 1. But we're hoping to have that in the coming months. I would say wait and watch for updates here. In the meantime; make a backup of your setup and try beta :)

Just to clarify, Fr0sty meany that HyperSync would be retired, not HyperSpin

Probably not...at least people with cabs can have all sorts of resolutions. My cab is 640*480 and my nes pc is 720p or 1024*768.

I think frost is referring to the resolution of the computer, no?  As HyperBase Live is like a remote control for syncing, the resolution of the cab shouldn't matter.

I think frost is referring to the resolution of the computer, no?  As HyperBase Live is like a remote control for syncing, the resolution of the cab shouldn't matter.

Right now HBL runs locally on your cab. We are discussing internally an option to run it remotely

Right now HBL runs locally on your cab. We are discussing internally an option to run it remotely

Ah, forgive me.  I figured there was a client app installed to the cab, which is then controlled by accessing the HyperBase Live website?  At least that's what it was when I tested the first version.

Edit:

Just read through some of the earlier posts.  Didn't realise you guys had changed over to a local setup.  I take it you are going to bring back the 'remote syncing, control many HS installs through one interface' idea?

Ah, forgive me.  I figured there was a client app installed to the cab, which is then controlled by accessing the HyperBase Live website?  At least that's what it was when I tested the first version.

Yes, that was the old model. That model proved to be flawed so we re-wrote most of the app. We are bringing everything locally and it runs much better. We will have a remote control option in later releases so you can have the "server" app installed on your cab and then the "client" that you use to sync everything installed on any of your PC's

Yes, that was the old model. That model proved to be flawed so we re-wrote most of the app. We are bringing everything locally and it runs much better. We will have a remote control option in later releases so you can have the "server" app installed on your cab and then the "client" that you use to sync everything installed on any of your PC's

Fantastic - you guys have put some tremendous work in to this project.

So from a user standpoint; Does having the app split into "Client" and "Server" something everyone would prefer?

My test rig has 1080p and my cab uses 4:3 (1024x768).

What I usually do is download everything to my PC (non-cab) and

then just transfer everything to my cab via drives, since the cab

is running XP and not connected to a network. :)

Client and Server might provide useful, not sure?

Ahh, in your case it wouldn't really matter. What would really make the most sense is if the server ran from the cab itself. But since its running XP, it probably won't even run the app. 

Plus that pesky not being on the network thing. 

Well, I don't mean to be that guy... but you could always... umm... Upgrade soon? 

Kids born after XP was released can drive now for christ sake. :D

hahaha, true but nothing loads faster than chopped down XP that only takes up 500mb.

Perfect for an arcade cabinet where people can't wait 10 seconds. :gamer:

Edit: Not to mention that the CPU is 14 years old, retro parts for retro games. lol

• Avar locked this topic

Archived