Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I haven't had a chance to test this out yet (work has been crazy busy) but I had a question.  How does it search to see if I am missing any media?  Like does it just look at the file name or does it look at other things like file size or date created?  I ask because like I said earlier, I had tried to set up Hyperspin a long time ago so I do have some systems with some media.  So I'm wondering what would happen if I tried to sync with HBL and the media I currently have is either old, outdated, of lower quality or named differently?  Like let's say I had a setup where my roms matched my media and the old database I had but now with updates and a new database has name changes, will it see that or will it just download the same media again with the new name and I will now have duplicates?  What about if all my media matches everything exactly name wise but is SD quality.  Would it know that and download the higher quality files and overwrite my old stuff?

I know all these questions could probably be answered if I just tested it out myself.  But honestly with work and family I probably won't get a chance to really try it out until middle of next month.  So these are just a few ideas I had of things I would try and test out in case anyone else hadn't thought about it and wanted to test it out themselves.

We actually check Md5 on each file. So even if you have a file with the right name in the directory, we will overwrite it if its out of date. So, no your files will not get overlooked. No there will not be duplicates. 

But again, I caution you. The database beta is working off of is not up to date. It will be in the coming weeks though. 

Edit:

Md5 is kinda like a file thumbprint if you have never heard of it before.

We actually check Md5 on each file. So even if you have a file with the right name in the directory, we will overwrite it if its out of date. So, no your files will not get overlooked. No there will not be duplicates. 

But again, I caution you. The database beta is working off of is not up to date. It will be in the coming weeks though. 

Edit:

Md5 is kinda like a file thumbprint if you have never heard of it before.

Thank you.  That's exactly what I was thinking should happen.  And I have heard of md5 before.  Kinda like crc for the roms.

How about when people still have .flv media files instead of .mp4 ? Will those files be removed and replaced when .mp4 are available ? Else you have a lot of double files.

Currently, no. I do not remove files from the directory.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

How about when people still have .flv media files instead of .mp4 ? Will those files be removed and replaced when .mp4 are available ? Else you have a lot of double files.

This will be an option that the user can opt in for in the future. It's on the list to implement

Ok because I thought I read that files will be replaced if newer files are found (which means that the older files are deleted and replaced for newer ones). So if you have for example Mame.flv (which is old) it could easily be removed and replaced by Mame.mp4

At this time mame.mp4 will be replaced with a newer version of mame.mp4 if available. Mame.flv would be ignored and mame.mp4 would be downloaded along side it. In the future people will have the option to remove abandoned files

fr0stbyte and team.

Nice work. I will play with it tonight. Kinda feel rogue and want to test on my live system. I dont feel like setting up a VM on my homelab to test with.

If you test on your live setup please backup what you have. The media database that this runs off of is very old artwork and incomplete

If you test on your live setup please backup what you have. The media database that this runs off of is very old artwork and incomplete

I haven't ran Hypersync in so long my artwork might be older than yours bahaha. Its due for an overhaul. I think I haven't updated stuff in at least a year. 

I haven't ran Hypersync in so long my artwork might be older than yours bahaha. Its due for an overhaul. I think I haven't updated stuff in at least a year. 

Ours is incomplete as well, please backup. Ours is not a usable set. Its just for testing at this point

Just click on mame from within HBL and set the assets you want to sync. By default all it set to not sync

I like to sync only game themes and game vídeos from MAME its possible? please take a shot from right configuration!

Example... Where i make these configs??

NTWCqb3.jpg

• Avar locked this topic

Archived