Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

I like to sync only game themes and game vídeos from MAME its possible? please take a shot from right configuration!

Example... Where i make these configs??

You must first go to settings > emumovies and log in. Once this is done, the dropdown for video will appear in the mame settings window.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, i dont understand... Not have the option SYNC only one system (MAME) that option not exist!! Only button with exist itsSync All :-(

And wtf is that!?

l1Nhea1.jpg

Why happening this? Its a infinite loop.... Everytime i click in button Sync make's happen this!! I Using WIN7 64bit with all updates!

Man, i dont understand... Not have the option SYNC only one system (MAME) that option not exist!! Only button with exist itsSync All :-(

And wtf is that!?

Why happening this? Its a infinite loop.... Everytime i click in button Sync make's happen this!! I Using WIN7 64bit with all updates!

If you don't have any other system set up, it will only sync mame. It will literally start, see no settings, and move on. 

The process screen is ... running processes? Not sure what your question is here. But I am going to assume you want to know why there is more than one. The app runs on multiple threads. Much like chrome, these threads are run in multiple processes. 

Please keep in mine, this is a public beta. So I would ask you to relax a bit. 

edit:

I see a little further down you had an issue. What is in an infinite loop? The animation? Are you looking at the logs to see what its doing?

could there be a default all option in the dropdown options or did i just miss it? 

This is indeed on the list (originally requested by relic I believe). Right now it's looking like a feature that will be added toward beta 3 or so. 

One idea! make one checkbox or a button with... "Sync only this system_XXXXXXXXXXX_". If possible, sure! Thanks anyway!

Funny enough, i'm working on single item sync right now. But very few people seemed to request it. It'll be in beta 2.

And wtf is that!?

l1Nhea1.jpg

This is a BETA, if you do not want to participate and provide constructive feedback please do not participate.

Frosty, I've got some suggestions for selecting which systems are synced. As I understand it (correct me If I'm wrong) in order to not sync a system you have to set each dropdown in that system to don't sync. Using that method is pretty time consuming if you want to exclude more than 1 or 2 systems.

I think it would be better to have a checkbox inside each system menu that when checked would disable all the dropdowns (gray them out and not allow users to change values) and would exempt that system from being added to the sync queue. That way it's only one button to press and the user's preferred selections are preserved instead of having to select them all again. It may also be beneficial to have a checkbox on the main menu for each system that would do the exact same thing. That way you wouldn't have to enter each system, set the checkbox, and back out for each system, you could just scroll down the main menu checking the boxes.

I'm not sure how you're checking which systems to sync but using that main sync enabled/disabled would save you from having to check each field for a system if that main option is disabled, if that's what you're currently doing. Now you may call me a dummy if I misunderstood how the excluding systems from syncing works :thumbsup:

All systems will be set to "do not sync" by default in a later beta, it is in the list.

Fr0st we should probably keep a list in the first post of planned fixes/changes. Or can w3 open trello for read access for all users?

Most of these suggestions are in the works as we speak :)

Check out my dev screenshot

You click the menu icon and you get this. I'm thinking i'll change "remove" to "disable". Since that it technically what you would be doing here. From there I will just grey out the image so you know its not going to sync.

post-16943-0-90641200-1458923999_thumb.p

Its the way my friend fr0stbyt3, thanks for your work...  :thanks:

This is a BETA, if you do not want to participate and provide constructive feedback please do not participate. 

I only asked why that happened, sorry... I'm not complaining no one has the right to complain, only caused confusion dont have an option like "Sync Only This System X" and was only reported errors or something... we await a review with improvements! And thanks for all envolved people in this project! Dont worry, take your time and Relax brô!!

So is it safe to assume most of you guys are running a 1080p monitor?

In the minority here but my cab has a maximum resolution of 640x480 on Windows 7.  It would be great if there was a low res option - if not then I can just run via Remote Desktop.

Fantastic stuff dudes:

Question - What programming language is this done in?

I have found no breaks yet but Ill be looking. As far as requests this is all ease of use and simple setup stuff that should not be overwhelming to implement.

1. Default Directory Check

-Simple enough on initial setup of hyperspin folder can we get a check of a preset list of variables. So no full HDD Fatmatch check, just a check this list (C:\Hyperspin, D:\Hyperspin and so on. Just common install directories.)

2. Default Keys

-I would like a global settings page and then for each system just a way to call it if they want to. But I would like the globals to have a list ability. Box Art: Prefer 3D, then 2D, and so on.

3. Queue 

- The log is nice but its constantly changing. I'd like a Queue that shows this far through current process with these lined up to follow. I think it would look nice if you split the log view in half and did it right below. And I am partial to Loading Bars. no idea why just am. 

Gripes:

1. and my only one at that. The sync all button animation is too fast and aradic. I keep losing concentration due to it.

I hope these requests aren't too greedy. Just what I am looking for is all.

Alrighty fr0stybyt3 and jhabers....all I gots to say is that I commend you on a well designed, intuitive application.  Grand job boys! Its very simple and easy to use and it survived my torture test ;)

So the little nitpicking Im going to offer is (these are just ideas Im throwing around):

-When uninstalling HyperbaseLive through Add/Remove programs, there is one file remnant that stays under C:\Program Files (x86)\HyperBase\HyperBase Live\core\resources\app\server\settings.json

-Suggestion to make emumovies grayed out (or not appear) in left pane until client settings HS path is set.  If you make it not appear, then also hide the videos dropdown under media tab

-When viewing all systems, prolly make a description under each system that gives a brief glimpse if: system media not synced, some media synced, or all media. synced.  Might have to brainstorm on this one but the goal is that you can tell which systems are synced, somewhat synced, or not synced just by looking at the view all systems page

-When setting up each system for the first time, would suggest to relabel folder dropdown as Copy to folder: (ie folder dropdowns to the right of Box Art and Cart Art)

-Suggest rename default to standard or minted (as default is a misnomer)

-Suggest to give some directions when picking media dropdown items using question mark buttons (as an example, to the right of art folders place a question mark button that opens a window to tell the user what needs to be done):

-Suggest that the program could scan what you have and show a list similar to the games tab (that shows green checkboxes for media found or red Xs for media missing)

-Suggest in the games tab to offer select all or nothing checkboxes above wheels, cart, box, theme, video

-Just an idea, maybe offer a way to backup certain folders into a zip so no media gets accidentally overwritten

-Rename Systems->View All to Systems->View All Systems Found

-Im also seeing multiple hyperbaselive.exe process threads as gamesmame pointed out that stay active even when program is closed (figure you are prolly working on this minor bug)

Let me know if you have any questions and I can elaborate. 

these 3 videos wont download for me ive tried deleting them and resyncing still no luck

Sync Complete for Commodore 64
03/26/2016 at 4:54PM
Downloading Video: Hunchback II - Quasimodo's Revenge (1986)(Ocean Software)[cr REM][t +3 REM][Docs][#260].mp4 from Commodore 64
Downloading Video: Jack the Nipper 2 - In Coconut Capers (1987)(Gremlin Graphics)[cr REM][t +3 REM][Docs][#045].mp4 from Commodore 64
Downloading Video: Cosmic Causeway - Trailblazer II (1987)(Gremlin Graphics)[cr REM][t +3 REM][Docs][#088].mp4 from Commodore 64
Commodore 64: has 3 missing videos

How about when people have more media then the server has? Can the program upload missing files to the server and seed it to everyone (after checking by an admin)?

I think this would be a terrible idea however good it sounds. There would be either no quality control, or everything has to be checked by hand. This is why we have projects going on getting as much systems complete as possible. Here we can make sure everything is quality controlled/accurate as possible/complete. And as for themes there is the Announcement forum & Downloads section to upload. And judging from what is uploaded with no announcement, we wouldn't want it added anyway.

Fantastic stuff dudes:

Question - What programming language is this done in?

I have found no breaks yet but Ill be looking. As far as requests this is all ease of use and simple setup stuff that should not be overwhelming to implement.

1. Default Directory Check

-Simple enough on initial setup of hyperspin folder can we get a check of a preset list of variables. So no full HDD Fatmatch check, just a check this list (C:\Hyperspin, D:\Hyperspin and so on. Just common install directories.)

2. Default Keys

-I would like a global settings page and then for each system just a way to call it if they want to. But I would like the globals to have a list ability. Box Art: Prefer 3D, then 2D, and so on.

3. Queue 

- The log is nice but its constantly changing. I'd like a Queue that shows this far through current process with these lined up to follow. I think it would look nice if you split the log view in half and did it right below. And I am partial to Loading Bars. no idea why just am. 

Gripes:

1. and my only one at that. The sync all button animation is too fast and aradic. I keep losing concentration due to it.

I hope these requests aren't too greedy. Just what I am looking for is all.

It's written in node js. This allows us to deploy to systems without dependencies on the .net libs for most of what we do. 

1. This can be done pretty easily. I just need a list of all the common directories.

2. This request seems to be related to settings global defaults. But I like this implementation. Should it should up as the first system in the list or be a link on the left hand menu?

3. Because this runs as multiple threads, it does not process sequentially. Therefore, a queue would look a bit chaotic in some cases. I have plans for implementing something like this later down the road. But I don't want to slow down the sync process you people can look at logs :D

1.1 The animation should stay pretty slow unless you click sync like crazy. But I can slow it down if need be. 

Alrighty fr0stybyt3 and jhabers....all I gots to say is that I commend you on a well designed, intuitive application.  Grand job boys! Its very simple and easy to use and it survived my torture test ;)

So the little nitpicking Im going to offer is (these are just ideas Im throwing around):

-When uninstalling HyperbaseLive through Add/Remove programs, there is one file remnant that stays under C:\Program Files (x86)\HyperBase\HyperBase Live\core\resources\app\server\settings.json

-Suggestion to make emumovies grayed out (or not appear) in left pane until client settings HS path is set.  If you make it not appear, then also hide the videos dropdown under media tab

-When viewing all systems, prolly make a description under each system that gives a brief glimpse if: system media not synced, some media synced, or all media. synced.  Might have to brainstorm on this one but the goal is that you can tell which systems are synced, somewhat synced, or not synced just by looking at the view all systems page

-When setting up each system for the first time, would suggest to relabel folder dropdown as Copy to folder: (ie folder dropdowns to the right of Box Art and Cart Art)

-Suggest rename default to standard or minted (as default is a misnomer)

-Suggest to give some directions when picking media dropdown items using question mark buttons (as an example, to the right of art folders place a question mark button that opens a window to tell the user what needs to be done):

-Suggest that the program could scan what you have and show a list similar to the games tab (that shows green checkboxes for media found or red Xs for media missing)

-Suggest in the games tab to offer select all or nothing checkboxes above wheels, cart, box, theme, video

-Just an idea, maybe offer a way to backup certain folders into a zip so no media gets accidentally overwritten

-Rename Systems->View All to Systems->View All Systems Found

-Im also seeing multiple hyperbaselive.exe process threads as gamesmame pointed out that stay active even when program is closed (figure you are prolly working on this minor bug)

Let me know if you have any questions and I can elaborate. 

1. This is actually done on purpose for the time being. I'll fix the uninstaller shortly though. I keep that file around because it houses the settings. I dont wan't that getting deleted up updates.

2. Easy enough to implement. I'll add it to the list

3. So right now I have a way to validate each system. However, the validation data is not persisted anywhere that we can show the user. I'll have to think about how I would show this data on a screen. 

4. I can use tooltips to explain folders

5. That is a decision for the Admin Team. Default is just what I found it called in the old database.

6. Again, sounds like a job for tooltips.

7. This is more or less the validation step from 3.

8. This will be implemented in the future.

9. I could do this, but where would I keep the backups?

10. I don't understand. What are you renaming systems for?

11. The multiple exe in process monitor is correct. This is the app creating threads. It should close the threads when you close the app. If not, I can look into it with you.

these 3 videos wont download for me ive tried deleting them and resyncing still no luck

Sync Complete for Commodore 64
Downloading Video: Hunchback II - Quasimodo's Revenge (1986)(Ocean Software)[cr REM][t +3 REM][Docs][#260].mp4 from Commodore 64
Downloading Video: Jack the Nipper 2 - In Coconut Capers (1987)(Gremlin Graphics)[cr REM][t +3 REM][Docs][#045].mp4 from Commodore 64
Downloading Video: Cosmic Causeway - Trailblazer II (1987)(Gremlin Graphics)[cr REM][t +3 REM][Docs][#088].mp4 from Commodore 64
Commodore 64: has 3 missing videos

Just looking at it, it's probably because of the file names. I'll add that to my list to test later today. Thanks!!

• Avar locked this topic

Archived