Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

So what single game cabinet would you build?

gigapig

So our good friend MontyQ is building a dedicated Popeye cabinet www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?27667-Finally-starting-my-Popeye-machine&p=265331#post265331. I personally don't have room for a full size cabinet, but I can dream.

So I ask you, what single game cabinet would you build and why?

For me it would be hands down a Mr Do! cabinet. I do remember it as a kid but don't remember playing it much. But I love the gameplay and the sound. I do like the artwork but maybe I prefer the Popeye artwork, but yeah that would be mine.

Oh, and MontyQ, if your watching, what would be your next project or are you done after this one. :)

well Popeye is my top pick art wise in Nintendo cabinets, but I would love to own a DigDug cabinet. To this day I still play DigDug a few times a week and I love the look of that cab......lol but after Popeye is done I need a lil break and abit more room.

Why is the fact that I grew up with the game but on like nes not the arcade version, and I just like it that much.....plus I like the smaller sleeker cabs. There really is too many to pick as I could also say I need to bang out a Dragon's Lair cab ;)

I think about this all the time. I wouldn't build a dedicated single game cab, but I would love to collect some of the games that have very different controls / set ups. So, in my wildest imagination, if I had the space and the money, I would collect:

4 player Warlords Cocktail - I've never actually played the real thing, but I love this game enough to spring for this

Super Off-Road

Silent Scope

all of the Time Crisis dual screen games

6 player X-Men

Top Skater

and finally, I would love to play/possibly own the 3 player version of SegaSonic with 3 trackballs! I love sonic games and that one is pretty damn fun. Too bad it was only made in Japan, so I may never get the chance to play the real thing.

I like the big roundings at the sides from the taito cab and i dont know how to do this with my tools.

I have never seen a screw at the sideboard ist that orginal?

Greetings unkelo

I would think its real the bolts on the sides are on many cabs to hold them nice and sturdy. The big roundings would be not so hard after your pattern is drawn onto the board just use a jig saw then smooth it out after. Use like any large round obect to draw the half circle perfect....maybe a wine barrel ect.

I like the big roundings at the sides from the taito cab and i dont know how to do this with my tools.

I have never seen a screw at the sideboard ist that orginal?

Greetings unkelo

A length of wood, secured at one end (pivot point) and a pencil at the other end.

A length of wood, secured at one end (pivot point) and a pencil at the other end.

yup that's true you could attach a length of string to a thumb tack then to a pencil pull tight and have a half circle.

With all these ideas I can't wait to read about all the new projects started here :)

Thanks for your Advices.

I am reading here in the board of Hyperspin and find allways new stuff to built in the cabinet.

The Expensives one ist eventually a stretched LCD Bar as Marquee but thats really to expensive for me ;-)

Greetings uNkeLo

Thanks for your Advices.

I am reading here in the board of Hyperspin and find allways new stuff to built in the cabinet.

The Expensives one ist eventually a stretched LCD Bar as Marquee but thats really to expensive for me ;-)

Greetings uNkeLo

Do you mean like the ones that change the marquee to match the game that's being played?

yep , would be cool to have one as an addtional eyecatcher

But i think they cost 22" -29" over 500 USD. The Main LCD is cheaper then

i found some industry sites and made a request for the price.

i am still wait of the anwsers

yep , would be cool to have one as an addtional eyecatcher

But i think they cost 22" -29" over 500 USD. The Main LCD is cheaper then

i found some industry sites and made a request for the price.

i am still wait of the anwsers

A HS member has one , boomslangz. Check out his vid.

argh , i am jealous ,-)

http://www.litemax.com/PC_Products_Category_51_US_utf-8.html#.Uhve2RthjTQ

here i found some without price.

They prefer to sell more than one piece :-/

I found something eventually as alternative to the expensive streched lcd bar

http://club-3d.com/tl_files/club3d/uploads/en/content/Sensevision/CSV-5300/mst_hub.png

with a MST Hub you can set some displays in a row.

I dont know its comatible with vga card and software or something and the priice, but theoretical you can set 3 small displays side bye side .

I will do now more research on it.

Greetings uNkeLo

It's a tie between Tempest and Disc's of Tron (Environmental). It wasn't just the games (which are great IMO) but also the cabinets. The artwork and different lines associated for both were ground breaking. You wouldn't see anything quite as similar in the arcades back then. That angled cut for Tempest made it stand out from the competition, loved the artwork too! Plus I'm a sucker for anything purple! It was cool walking into the Tron cab and seeing your white t-shirt turn purple with the black light effects.

That super clean and fast metal spinner and the LED player 1 & 2 buttons for Tempest were off the chain cool for Atari back then. The joystick for Tron with it's multi-purpose layout were one of a kind. The pace, colors and sound of Tron are something I enjoy to this day, try saying that for most of the old school favs.

The only other crazy controller I can think of then back then was the vector Star Wars stand-up with the trigger buttons on that super cool flying yoke. Ok, let's throw SW in now too. They had a charm and feel unlike most stand ups of the day. Even the sounds were pretty sweet for games of that era.

Someday I'd want to have these pioneers of arcade nostalgia and throw in a Robotron for good measure. Heck, now I'm remembering playing a sit down table top Defender!! Talk about the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. That game was a challenge but tons of fun. The sit down was a rare treat in itself with all those controls but man it was a blast. It was just down the street so we all would rush out of school to line up our quarters to play that bad boy!

Cool thread, thanks for asking!

Dfwarcades, thanks for a great post, you have fond memories I can tell.

Here in the UK it was either pubs or at the seaside. So I remember watching the attract mode on Moon Cresta in a local pub then when we got older I would drive my Cortina GL down to Paignton and spend all day in the arcades and sleep in the car at night.

I was just thinking if it would be good if ine of these arcades still existed, but maybe not, I do love that nostalgic feeling and talking about it here.

Space Harrier was cool, actually being thrown around as you blew stuff up was great.

Oh and as you say the vector Star Wars with the yoke was amazing at the time. I remember the sit down version.

Archived