Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

1st Cab - Custom Tron Legacy

unkelo

Hi Hyperspin Community,

I will start here my Custom Build of a Tron Legacy Theme Cabinet.

1st i am thought is better to plan and build it in cad/3d programs, to see eventually mistakes.

So i show at the moment only some scratches

And from Time to Time i will post here the progress of the work.

I am not so fast because i need to spare some money for some of the stuff.

Now here some Pics

post-94096-142870599547_thumb.jpg

post-94096-142870599553_thumb.png

post-94096-142870599555_thumb.jpg

post-94096-142870599557_thumb.jpg

http://www.3d-artworks.de/view?uID=12&id=8d766f4b88462cf07a2339a22e26fe6a

Sry for bad texture , i am not so good in it.

Greetings uNkeLo

Hi ,

I am still looking for good pictures of a better grid and a better contrast between dark and blue glowing.

The chrome tmolding looks great. I cant decide between the light blue and the chrome.

Here my little Desktop PC but the graphicard is atm only a onboard to weak for the project i think,

post-94096-142870599559_thumb.jpg

CPU: Intel Pentium D Dual Core 2 x 3 GHz (Sockel 775)

Ram: 2 GB DDR2

HDD: 40GB ( later eventuall a TB HDD)

VGA: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 950 +DVI-Adapter (PCIe x16)

The controller and buttons etc . I dont know right now. I must 1st read about the differents.

I only know it must blink light blue at the controlpanel. ^^

LCD would be a 27" or up to a 32" . i am still considering many things what i need or what i can do later.

The wooden i get tomorrow eventually for free (called Mulltiplex in Germany)

Thaks for your pics and the inspiration within :D

Greetings uNkeLo

I was going to use that exact PC for my build until I snatched up an HP 6000 Desktop. Not sure what your plans are, but the little Dell (a GX 520 I believe) was good enough to run Hyperspin (of course), MAME, NES, S-NES, Genesis, and Sega 32x without any issues. it bogged pretty bad with PS1 and Gamecube when I tried it. but if your plans are for the older systems, you should be fine.

@njgsx96

Ah thats good to know eventually i will uprade the graphiccard but psx1 its not necessary .

I want play the old Arcade Stuff NeoGeo Mame,and the Generation Mega Drive Snes , Commodore c64 and Amiga . :) Thats more as enough games for many hours ^^

I found today a 32 " LCD for around 170 $ is that cheap ? I think about to take one because the 27" and 29" are not really cheaper and an arcade monitor i cant get one in germany .

Anyone know whats cost 20 RGB Leds and 20 Buttons /2 Joysticks ? and the Led /Joystick Controller ? All together ?

@monkeychunkuk

The Controlpanel looks good . best Player vs Player Style.

Greetings uNkeLo

@njgsx96

Ah thats good to know eventually i will uprade the graphiccard but psx1 its not necessary .

I want play the old Arcade Stuff NeoGeo Mame,and the Generation Mega Drive Snes , Commodore c64 and Amiga . :) Thats more as enough games for many hours ^^

I found today a 32 " LCD for around 170 $ is that cheap ? I think about to take one because the 27" and 29" are not really cheaper and an arcade monitor i cant get one in germany .

Anyone know whats cost 20 RGB Leds and 20 Buttons /2 Joysticks ? and the Led /Joystick Controller ? All together ?

@monkeychunkuk

Greetings uNkeLo

Cheers, joysticks and buttons range so much I'm not sure if anyone has a rough price,ill be keen to see what people recommend to you

Back to the ps one games without a controller I'd say these dont play well, I have it on my machines but never have much fun playing them

Anyone else play the Playstation games?

podcastlogo_zpsc5a2f0facopy.png

I find some ps1 games are fantastic on the cab, like crash 1,2,3 and CTR...thing is ps1 only ever had one game that requided a duel analog stick and that was Ape Escape all the rest never needed it. Sure in later years we got like Resident Evil Duel shock edition ect, but none of the ps1 games ever needed it as most ppl just had the single nub stick the ps1 came with at launch. Being said tho all depends on the game, same with gmaecube ect like I play MK double dash all the time it looks and runs flawless and I just love it.Even wii games can be played np depending on the game mk wii and nsmb both workout well on controls for arcade.

I played mostly stuff like Xenogears,FF VII, Resident Evil.

The 360 Joystick compares that to an Analog Stick ? And its really playable i will give it a try if i am finished.

But its no problem to integrate on the controlpanel 2-4 USB Ports so the feeling and the handling is eventually sometimes better especially for some N64 Games, too.

I think for PSX1/N64 could be a geforce gtx260 enough. I get these used for around 60$.

I never thought a arcade cabinet can be so expensive :> All the Details Stickers Buttons Leds etc.

Greetings uNkeLo

@njgsx96

@monkeychunkuk

Greetings uNkeLo

Have you used these guys before?

www.arcadeshop.de/?osCsid=phasrkusq2ofrto14g2j3bne00

I bought my orange Isla T-stick from them, all good except the hi delivery cost to the UK. But that shouldn't be a problem for you.

My gold leaf buttons came from these guys.

www.arcadeworlduk.com/

If you need any help with that give us a shout. They do ship internationally.

The above is also on Ebay and so are these guys.

m.ebay.co.uk/search?cmd=SREF&kw=seller%253Aultracabs&pgn=1&sellerId=ultracabs

I did buy a kit from ultracabs but I ended up changing everything as I said above.

Hey there,

I cannot recommend Jan from Arcadeshop.de highly enough. I worked with him with my virtual pinball cab and ordered all the parts for my little bartop arcade from him. Perfect service, relatively broad range of parts - in the UK you can get more stuff, same as in the US, and a great guy to deal with. Also, as from Germany, shipping is really cheap. You can get buttons there, also illuminated ones with a chrome rim, which might be nice for the tron arcade. Sticks are also there in a pretty decent variety. Just check out the website. I would guess you will find whatever you need there! Enjoy the build - it's a least half the fun :)

@JogZter

Arcadeshop.-de is good but have not all stuff.

I found theire buttons with a haloeffect but dont know what i need 50mm or 34mm .

http://www.arcadeshop.de/popup_image.php?pID=561

oh i think they arent for playing more a start button...

Whats is Orginalbutton radius ?

Greetigs uNkeLo

Here my 1st try of a controlpanel. -.-

I thinnk about to give the job to a graphic designer.

post-94096-142870600331_thumb.jpg

Yeo its tio expensive at this moment. Thats because they cut new LCDs for that. normally we must get around 2-3 lcd panels for that price :/

Halfe rthe price is only this way.

2 LCDs in a row with a MSTHUB costs around 300€

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Pyle-LCD-Rearview-Mirror-Monitor-Refurbished-10.2-inch/6345761/product.html

Buut it looks surely not good if its not all in one display.

greetings uNkeLo

I found now the better solution for this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=45lv-mggMAU

This have i found for around 175 Dollar =)

Its Frameless, 4 RGB LED Panels ~ 32" , Controller + Power Supply

Its enough for some Text an Pacman ,-)

And it works with a 2nd Monitor output , too or with saved Animations etc on Memory.

It exists Opensource Software for Animations and Midi Input for Spectrum Analyzer too

post-94096-142870600706_thumb.png

I think 32x32 128mmx128mm is better . Cost a bit more but better resolution.

I have calculated i could build an small LED Videowall 2000 Dollar ~ 10m² but not Full HD 1280x720 LoooooooL

What think you guys about this DMD ?

Greetings uNkeLo

Archived