Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Cant Install SPTD driver for Daemon Tools Windows 10

Creezz67

Hi,

Can't seem to install this drive SPTD1.84 for Daemon Tools on Windows 10

All ok on Windows 7 but nothing i try works.

Tried uninstalling everything and re-installing, tried updated SPTD 2.11 , but they won't install

Is there a particular version of Daemon Tools that works on Windows 10 with SCSI drive that works ?

Any ideas ?

Thanks

I've used DT10 Lite 10.2 (SPTD 2.05) and DT10 Lite 10.3 (SPTD 2.10) without issues on Windows 10. The only problem is that the CLI changed in 10.3 which means it doesn't currently work with RocketLauncher unless you modify some code. I got it working on mine and informed the RL devs so they will probably change it in a later update to work with it. But I haven't heard of any issues with simply installing DT10 or the SPTD drivers themselves.

Using DT10 on Windows 10 I was completely unable to install the SPTD drivers. It would act like it did, and then restart, but would always tell you to install them like it didn't do anything. (I haven't tried 10.2 or 10.3.)

What I ended up doing is using an older version of Daemon tools (The one hosted on RocketLauncher's website) and that has solved the issue for me completely. Kept the install file on a backup HDD in case I ever needed it again ( I do this with all useful tools )

Thanks for info from everyone.

I used DT10 as mentioned by agent47 and that seems to have worked, as now I can setup the SCSI drive as well as normal drive.

One question though, on certain systems such as Sega Saturn it says to point Daemon Tools Lite to DTAGENT.exe instead of DTLite.exe in RocketLauncher ?

Do you get this when you are using it on Windows 10 ? Is fine normally in Windows 7 but have noticed a few odd things testing it on Windows 10

Thanks

Speaking of which, does anyone have 10.2 somewhere? I bought it and installed on my test cab. Was going to install it on the real cab yesterday but I had only haved DTLiteInstaller.exe which now downloads 10.3 =(

I need the DAEMON Tools Lite.exe it downloads to %TEMP%...

When I use DTAgent.exe is comes up with a .cda  exit error when I exit the system, e.g. NEC PC Engine CD. It loads games and plays ok, but on exit it keeps saying error in Daemon tools and has a small .cda file in background with the box saying error next to it.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Hello,

i have the same problem with Daemon Tools (thx to gigapig for showing this thread). I just update to DT 10.2 which was posted here on the site, i even change in the Third Party to DTAgent.exe and i download the lastest module, but i always get an error :( Not only on Panasonic 3DO on Sega Saturn etc aswell the same.

Daemon Tools Lite:

Unknown Argument in Commandoline.

Unbekanntest Argument in Kommandozeile.

If somebody would have an idea, i would be happy :)

Thanks in advance.

post-53351-0-48636800-1460883375_thumb.png

Hello,

i have the same problem with Daemon Tools (thx to gigapig for showing this thread). I just update to DT 10.2 which was posted here on the site, i even change in the Third Party to DTAgent.exe and i download the lastest module, but i always get an error :( Not only on Panasonic 3DO on Sega Saturn etc aswell the same.

Daemon Tools Lite:

Unknown Argument in Commandoline.

Unbekanntest Argument in Kommandozeile.

If somebody would have an idea, i would be happy :)

Thanks in advance.

You can set "Use SCSI" to false for both those systems and shouldn't then get that error.

Thanks for your answer, i assume this option is under my old HL 3.x not available :-/

Then i first need to update again, just fear the update to RL and HS1.4 because as i tried it the last time i shoot my complete database, was a hell of a work to get everything working again.

Thanks for your help :)

Thanks for your answer, i assume this option is under my old HL 3.x not available :-/

Then i first need to update again, just fear the update to RL and HS1.4 because as i tried it the last time i shoot my complete database, was a hell of a work to get everything working again.

Thanks for your help :)

I may have a driver you can try but it's the 64bit version.

Thanks for sharing, but doesnt work :(

But question, why its not possible to play 3DO and Saturn games without mounting? at least the FourDO supports it, but i cant figure out how its working with the module and Hyperlaunch :)

Only question.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for this nice explaination. I assume i simply need to read again some tutorials to update to Rocket Launcher, as i saw that on the RL wiki is a short tutorial / update and translation tool to do this and simply hope that it works this time :D hehe

• 1 month later...

Am I on crazy pills???  I downloaded the Daemon Tools link and I am not presented with any boxes to uncheck.  I chose Free license to install. After I installed, it seems just about any option I select requires to purchase a key..  The version says 10.2. I thought this was pretty straightforward, but I guess not for me.  I watched Austins tutorial, but that is for the old version.

Any guide on setting up 10.2?

Am I on crazy pills???  I downloaded the Daemon Tools link and I am not presented with any boxes to uncheck.  I chose Free license to install. After I installed, it seems just about any option I select requires to purchase a key..  The version says 10.2. I thought this was pretty straightforward, but I guess not for me.  I watched Austins tutorial, but that is for the old version.

Any guide on setting up 10.2?

You just install it but read each window carefully, it should give to the Free option when you install.

Try this.http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/11497-daemon-tools-lite/

And if you have issues with SPDT read this relating to W10. http://www.rlauncher.com/wiki/index.php?title=Virtual_Drives#Daemon_Tools_10

That is the one I downloaded...I swear buy the old Gods and the new, I did not see those boxes with check-box options during install.  I am always vigilant about those annoying tricks and I didn't see them.  So this is used as free version, everything I need to do I can do with the free version correct?

Thank you for that page, It turns out that I already have the latest PowerIso registered so I will try that one and see if it works, this should work for multidisc too correct?  Would I be able to set multiple drives and load multiple isos (Final Fantasy 4 disc game)

• 1 month later...

I've used DT10 Lite 10.2 (SPTD 2.05) and DT10 Lite 10.3 (SPTD 2.10) without issues on Windows 10. The only problem is that the CLI changed in 10.3 which means it doesn't currently work with RocketLauncher unless you modify some code. I got it working on mine and informed the RL devs so they will probably change it in a later update to work with it. But I haven't heard of any issues with simply installing DT10 or the SPTD drivers themselves.

What code did you modify? The only version of DT Lite I've found that I can get working with magic engine is ver. 10.4. It's working fine outside of RL/HS but when launching a game in RL, I keep getting error messages about "mount switch syntax error" on launch and "unmount switch syntax error" on exit.

If I alt+tab to the error and hit the enter key, RL will then launch magic engine but it acts as if an audio CD is mounted. If I exit magic engine and acknowledge the unmount error, let RL close, then launch magic engine myself outside of RL and boot the same image (which is still mounted from when I tried to launch it with RL) it works just fine.

Did you try DT10.2 that Giga posted here?

Thanks for the quick reply. I did try that one but I couldn't get that to work even outside of RL/HS. I couldn't find any options to create a virtual drive with that version or an option to auto-mount images as an SCSI drive. If the image isn't mounted as SCSI, magic engine doesn't detect that any disc is available.

I edited my settings in RLHQ and changed the SCSI drive letter to 0 rather than the acual letter and that resolved the error on mount (because it essentially changed the command to the proper sntax of (DTAgent.exe -mount scsi, 0 "X:\directory\rom.ccd") but when I tried to modify the unmout portion of the module to the proper syntax fot DT (DTAgent.exe -unmount scsi, 0) or (DTAgent.exe -unmount_all), RL started throwing errors like "unmount all is an unsupported use of virtual drive". I suspect that I could fix this by modifying the VirtualDrive.ahk file in the lib folder but...

To complicate things even more, I realized that even when the mount syntax is correct, magic engine is just loading the syscard3 rom with no disc loaded when trying to load a game with RL. RL is mounting the image properly in DT but doesn't appear to be properly instructing magic engine to "boot" the CD. Everything was working fine in Win7 with DTlite 4.49 but I'd like to get it working in Win10.

The main issue now seems to be that RL isn't sending the correct command to magic engine to run the image and rather, just runs the syscard rom wihtout booting the disc. This issue is getting complicated now but any suggestions or help anyone could give would be greatly appreciated.

I use RetroArch for all NEC systems but switched back to Magic Engine to see if there is a problem  and no it loaded up straight away.

I'm using  DT 10.2 which only needs to be installed you don't need to mess with settings and "Use SCSI" is set to true in RLUI.

Perhaps post your RL log or also consider using RetroArch.

I just upgraded to win 10 and had the older version.  I downloaded the one gigapig posted.  Installed which uninstalled my old one then installed the new version 10.2.  I selected free license and then unchecked the daemon tools sync offer at the end of the install that it wanted to do too.  Rebooted.  I use magic engine (I am like almost done with Y's book 2 on TG16CD and dont feel like typing in the long code to keep my save game, anyway I digress).  I had to set the path to dtagent.exe in RLUI under the 3rdparty tab and I set the drive letter to E as there is no E drive on my computer in RLUI under the path to dtools.  Launched Ys 1+2 and it wanted to install the SPTD driver so installed that and then rebooted.  Tested Ys 1+2 again and it launches but doesnt autoplay anymore I had to press my run key to get it to launch the game.  I believe previously the games auto launched with out hitting a key.

Hope that helps as it is working for me now after following the instructions in this thread.  Thanks!

I use RetroArch for all NEC systems but switched back to Magic Engine to see if there is a problem  and no it loaded up straight away.

I'm using  DT 10.2 which only needs to be installed you don't need to mess with settings and "Use SCSI" is set to true in RLUI.

Perhaps post your RL log or also consider using RetroArch.

@gigapig: I actually would prefer to use retroarch, but it's much more picky about which images it will launch and not all of my images will run in retroarch. I use magic engine because it will launch every image/game I have. I think it would take forever to replace all of my images that won't load in retroarch using trial and error methods of ripping them differently form the disc or trying to find different dumps online. Using the 10.2 version didn't work for me. Magic Engine does not detect that a compatible disc image is mounted/available at all regardless of which settings I use. Which version of Windows are you running? I never had issues until installing Win10. I'll take a look at the log and see if I can figure anything out. I'll post back here with my findings either way. 

I just upgraded to win 10 and had the older version.  I downloaded the one gigapig posted.  Installed which uninstalled my old one then installed the new version 10.2.  I selected free license and then unchecked the daemon tools sync offer at the end of the install that it wanted to do too.  Rebooted.  I use magic engine (I am like almost done with Y's book 2 on TG16CD and dont feel like typing in the long code to keep my save game, anyway I digress).  I had to set the path to dtagent.exe in RLUI under the 3rdparty tab and I set the drive letter to E as there is no E drive on my computer in RLUI under the path to dtools.  Launched Ys 1+2 and it wanted to install the SPTD driver so installed that and then rebooted.  Tested Ys 1+2 again and it launches but doesnt autoplay anymore I had to press my run key to get it to launch the game.  I believe previously the games auto launched with out hitting a key.

Hope that helps as it is working for me now after following the instructions in this thread.  Thanks!

@dougan78: Yes I'm having the same issue with magic engine not launching/booting the cd image. I think I can find a way to get around the DT mounting issues that I'm having. I guess I could try mapping a controller button combo to a hotkey to boot the cd image, but it did automatically load the disc image in my Windows 7 build so I'm sure there should be some way to get it working in 10. I will keep tinkering and see if I can get it working and post results if I can but if anyone else has ideas in the meantime, let me know. 

Also, thanks to both of you for posting back and helping me out!

@gigapig: I actually would prefer to use retroarch, but it's more picky about which images it will launch and not all of my images will run in retroarch. I use magic engine because it will launch every image/game I have. I think it would take forever to replace all of my images that won't load in retroarch using trial and error methods of ripping them differently form the disc or trying to find  different dumps online. 

@gigapig: I actually would prefer to use retroarch, but it's much more picky about which images it will launch and not all of my images will run in retroarch. I use magic engine because it will launch every image/game I have. I think it would take forever to replace all of my images that won't load in retroarch using trial and error methods of ripping them differently form the disc or trying to find different dumps online. Using the 10.2 version didn't work for me. Magic Engine does not detect that a compatible disc image is mounted/available at all regardless of which settings I use. Which version of Windows are you running? I never had issues until installing Win10. I'll take a look at the log and see if I can figure anything out. I'll post back here with my findings either way.

@dougan78: Yes I'm having the same issue with magic engine not launching/booting the cd image. I think I can find a way to get around the DT mounting issues that I'm having. I guess I could try mapping a controller button combo to a hotkey to boot the cd image, but it did automatically load the disc image in my Windows 7 build so I'm sure there should be some way to get it working in 10. I will keep tinkering and see if I can get it working and post results if I can but if anyone else has ideas in the meantime, let me know.

Also, thanks to both of you for posting back and helping me out!

@gigapig: I actually would prefer to use retroarch, but it's more picky about which images it will launch and not all of my images will run in retroarch. I use magic engine because it will launch every image/game I have. I think it would take forever to replace all of my images that won't load in retroarch using trial and error methods of ripping them differently form the disc or trying to find different dumps online.

So to be clear it will launch your game if you press your run button? Rather than not launching at all? Mine launches after I hit my run button so I can still play my games which is ok.

Right, I know I said Magic Engine loaded straight away but that was to the splash screen Press Run.

Pressing the Run button I'd assigned on the Xbone pad just brought up the Ram format screen, so I used the keyboard instead.

Hitting Enter on the keyboard should then load the game but no, the CD track select window pops up. Jeeez.

So I finally worked out that you don't need to use SCSI, so I set that to False.

And to get past the CD track select and actually get a game to run I had to open the PCE.ini and under CD-Rom Drive I had to set it to "3" based on my PC also having a DVD and Blu-Ray drive, so 3 is the DT drive.

Finally hitting Run loaded the game.

; CD-ROM drive
  ; --
  ;   1 -> first  CD-ROM drive  [default]
  ;   2 -> second CD-ROM drive
  ;   ...
  ;

drive=3

Right, I know I said Magic Engine loaded straight away but that was to the splash screen Press Run.

Pressing the Run button I'd assigned on the Xbone pad just brought up the Ram format screen, so I used the keyboard instead.

Hitting Enter on the keyboard should then load the game but no, the CD track select window pops up. Jeeez.

So I finally worked out that you don't need to use SCSI, so I set that to False.

And to get past the CD track select and actually get a game to run I had to open the PCE.ini and under CD-Rom Drive I had to set it to "3" based on my PC also having a DVD and Blu-Ray drive, so 3 is the DT drive.

Finally hitting Run loaded the game.

; CD-ROM drive
  ; --
  ;   ...
  ;

drive=3

YES! This was the final piece of the puzzle! This resolved the issue of magic engine not launching the disc.

If anyone is interested, I was able to get RL to work with DT lite 10.4 by modifying a few files and settings in RL

1. In RLUI: Set SCSI drive letter to "0", set both "Virtual Drive" and "Use SCSI" both to "true"

2. In DT Lite 10.4: Create an SCSI drive. Make sure the first virtual drive is an SCSI drive. If other drives exist, remove them and add the SCSI drive first (or the SCSI drive may just need to be assigned a letter that alphabetically comes before any other virtual drive letter. I'm not 100% sure which)

3. In ...\RocketLauncher\Modules\Magic Engine\Magic Engine.ahk change the following line:

VirtualDrive("unmount")

change to:

VirtualDrive("unmount_all")

4. Open ...\RocketLauncher\Lib\Virtual Drive.ahk with word pad and use the "replace" button to replace all instances of the phrase "unmount" with "unmount_all"

5. Follow gigapig's advice and open ...\Magic-Engine 1.1.3\PCE.ini and set CD-ROM drive setting to the proper drive:

; CD-ROM drive
  ; --
  ;   ...
  ;

drive=2

6. Close and re-launch RLUI or Hyperspin for all changes to take effect. 

Archived