Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to install HyperSpin

ghutch92

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Which tutorial we should follow right now? This one on the first page or the SimplyAustin youtube one? I'm a bit lost to be honest...

What about the "rocketlauncher" folder? It seems that it can't be in the the same folder than hyperspin, but why exactly? It would be easier to put everything in the root of an hard drive and in one single folder, don't you think?

The rocket Launcher folder can have implications by placing them all together.  As RocketLauncher is now stand alone it also makes sense to keep em sep.  This becomes more apparent after you start configuring more and also gives you more options hassle free in the future.

Another good idea is to have the emulators in root to keep those free of clutter.  So if I was to make another build I normally keep it to...

HyperSpin

RocketLauncher

Emulators

Roms

All as my root folder structure.  But again its all personal taste.  The main thing to remember is RL out of HS folder.  Don not use anything numerical on the Folder names.  But its all up to you how you sort it.

As for choosing guide.. all depends if you like to do things visually or verbal... they all get there in the end :D

• Upvote 1

The rocket Launcher folder can have implications by placing them all together.  As RocketLauncher is now stand alone it also makes sense to keep em sep.  This becomes more apparent after you start configuring more and also gives you more options hassle free in the future.

Another good idea is to have the emulators in root to keep those free of clutter.  So if I was to make another build I normally keep it to...

HyperSpin

RocketLauncher

Emulators

Roms

All as my root folder structure.  But again its all personal taste.  The main thing to remember is RL out of HS folder.  Don not use anything numerical on the Folder names.  But its all up to you how you sort it.

As for choosing guide.. all depends if you like to do things visually or verbal... they all get there in the end :D

Thanks for your answer. I think I made a mistake, as I was pretty sure the 2 tutorials was not the same. Pretty sure it was concerning the Hyperlaunch tutorial instaed of RocketLauncher. My bad!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank You for this post, it helped me to set-up my clients hyperspin arcade machine perfectly. I changed a couple of thing and ran some emulators through hyper hq but still you helped to get me on the right path. Now if only I can figure out how to get PSP running, thanks again

Now if only I can figure out how to get PSP running, thanks again

Get the games working in the emulator first and then set your paths and run them through Rocketlauncher. PPSSPP is pretty simple to set up. Also read the module notes.

Im a newbie here.  Been trying to install Hyperspin myself.  Been having problems with the press enter and it doesnt start problem.  Been trying to find a good setting for the ini file.  Any suggestion??? :verymad:

Yeah that could be all manner of things from the controls not set up, Rocketlauncher still running in the sys tray, or the emulator still open.

Hi again HS community! 

I have been out of the game for about 3 years and I want to get back into it. (No, my wife hasn't left me)

I've browsed through the guide again and I'm pounding on getting a fresh install or copying my old HS setup from my dusty hard drive and update? What would you gents advise?

Taking into account that I'm running windows 10 now instead of 7 and will use a Xbox 360 controller in the lounge instead of a full arcade setup.

On the last few pages in this guide you advised to setup RocketLaunch instead of HyperLaunch, but I don't see it mentioned on the first page of this guide. RocketLaunch didn't exist yet when I made my build, do you have to choose one or the other?

Appreciate the advice!

Hi again HS community! 

I have been out of the game for about 3 years and I want to get back into it. (No, my wife hasn't left me)

I've browsed through the guide again and I'm pounding on getting a fresh install or copying my old HS setup from my dusty hard drive and update? What would you gents advise?

Taking into account that I'm running windows 10 now instead of 7 and will use a Xbox 360 controller in the lounge instead of a full arcade setup.

On the last few pages in this guide you advised to setup RocketLaunch instead of HyperLaunch, but I don't see it mentioned on the first page of this guide. RocketLaunch didn't exist yet when I made my build, do you have to choose one or the other?

Appreciate the advice!

If you want to start from scratch then go here and get RocketLauncher.

As you are a Platinum member you could save yourself some time and download my build which has a lot of systems set up and should work well with W10 and a 360 controller.

If you want to start from scratch then go here and get RocketLauncher.

As you are a Platinum member you could save yourself some time and download my build which has a lot of systems set up and should work well with W10 and a 360 controller.

Should Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher automatically work with 360 controller? Or is that something which you need to setup separately?

I've read that you can copy the emulators controls in the ini files.

Should Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher automatically work with 360 controller? Or is that something which you need to setup separately?

I've read that you can copy the emulators controls in the ini files.

All the systems using Retroarch should work with the 360 controller (for the list of which systems use Retroarch, see the support thread), for everything else you will need to set the controls in the emulator.

All the systems using Retroarch should work with the 360 controller (for the list of which systems use Retroarch, see the support thread), for everything else you will need to set the controls in the emulator.

I was assuming that the 360 controller would automatically work but I forgot to setup Xpadder.. My bad..

I've read through the thread and I'm quite surprised that no one asked before, but would you mind sharing your xpaddercontroller config? I'm curious to see which keys you have assigned to your 360 controller.

At the moment I just installed it in "C:\HyperSpin\Utilities\Xpadder" and I'm trying out different combinations.

Maybe I'm missing something?

• 3 weeks later...