Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

How to install HyperSpin

ghutch92

hey, i have a bunch of emulators i put on hyperspin there working i downloaded a system theme and named it default.zip and put it in themes but on the systems wheel i dont see any artwork how do i get artwork in hyperspin not for the games just the system?

This question is not a good fit for this thread. Please create a new thread detailing your issue in the HyperSpin Support subforum.

• 1 month later...

I'm stuck on step 19. I made my mame folder in emulators properly and went back over the steps a few times. When I click Global and then emulators I don't see a list.

Edit - Nevermind. Had my Global Emulator named Global Emulator.ini. This is confusing in the description as I see someone else stumbled here pages back.

Edited by bombfirst885

Okay so I took a break and now I'm on the last steps. I put the proper Mame script into the Emulators folder and followed the directions. When I go into Hyperspin and load the ROM i have I'm getting the error that no emulator was found. This is what I'm seeing in the emulator folder...

post-129738-142870647499_thumb.jpg

post-129738-142870647492_thumb.jpg

Edited by bombfirst885

• 1 month later...

Hello this is my first post and everything has been very helpfull so far up till step 18. I chose folder C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch for hyperlaunchHQ to look at and something didn't go right. Now when i try to open hyperlaunchHQ i get the message "Couldn't find you systems database,please select your frontend executable." After i click ok i am prompted with an open file window and i have tried to open the C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\hyperlaunch.exe file. I get an error message of "No valid plugin found for frontend with executable hyperlaunch.exe Application will close." I have tried to search for the answer with no success. It seems that hyperlauncherHq.exe is looking in the wrong folder maybe. How do i redirect it to the correct folder and get back on track with setup? Please help

• 4 weeks later...

I went through the tutorial and was not able to install MAME. The problem was that there were no systems listed on the left of the screen. After a lot of file moving I discovered that the HyperLaunchHQ.exe file version 1.1.0.0 caused the problem of losing the systems list. I tried to add MAME with the green plus sign, but I keep getting an error could not find a part of the path 'c:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch\Databases\MAME\MAME.xml" I tried copying the database folder from the HyperSpin folder to the HyperLaunch folder, too. If I tell it to create a database from the rom list, it says that the system was created, but it still doesn't show up on the list. If I revert to the old HyperLaunchHQ.exe, version 1.0.13.0 I can make MAME work.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

I looked at the HyperLaunchHQ update list, and it says that the last update was 1.0.13.0, but I got 1.1.0.0 when I ran 'GIT' according to steps 4-7

Edited by catcameo

I have the same problem as cat above. I deleted and reinstalled 3 times now. There are 2 deviations currently from the instuctions:

After renaming the global emulators (example).ini to remove the (example) from the filename. I startup HLHQ and it DOES NOT prompt for the HL location. However in the INI file it shows ..as the HL path which is correct.

No systems on the left. I try to add one, then I click the "set default emulator" mag glass and HLHQ crashes into a pile of crap.

26 step process before you can get started playing games. Is this some kind of troll?

mmmmmmmmmmmh not sure you started right on this forum. I was (and i'm still) a noob on Hyperspin, but many people here helped me in order to get my Hyperspin running like a shoe in a whasing machine tumbler running at 1235665 rpm.

to all the others people on hyperspin: I have a simple question: why not doing a ready to play pack? (Without roms of course). Like, 16bits pack, Mame Pack, etc... On the french board called *********spin, they did it, (search for "Heavybox"). It's quite simple to do, we just need some statement: C:/ drive, no roms, choose the best emulator suitable for most of us... You made a bif mess with HS? Simple, delete and reinstall your pack. Easy as 123.

I would love to do that!

What do you think of this?

mmmmmmmmmmmh not sure you started right on this forum. I was (and i'm still) a noob on Hyperspin, but many people here helped me in order to get my Hyperspin running like a shoe in a whasing machine tumbler running at 1235665 rpm.

to all the others people on hyperspin: I have a simple question: why not doing a ready to play pack? (Without roms of course). Like, 16bits pack, Mame Pack, etc... On the french board called *********spin, they did it, (search for "Heavybox"). It's quite simple to do, we just need some statement: C:/ drive, no roms, choose the best emulator suitable for most of us... You made a bif mess with HS? Simple, delete and reinstall your pack. Easy as 123.

I would love to do that!

What do you think of this?

once upon a time there was a HS tor you could just download and and click play. That was many versions ago and that was with the express permission of BBB, im not sure how easy it would be to do now but the simple fact remains, there will be problems and you will need to know how the file system works in order to fix them.

I understand. My Goal/dream/next project will (probably) be a Intel Nuc with a dual boot HS and Kodi/XBMC (via Openelec). I would love to have a "stock" (understand "as pure as possible") HS, ready to play. A sort of "vanilla HS in fact.

Is it possible to boot on hyperspin? I mean, chose between HS and another system?

I think what your trying to ask is if you can shell HS. If you're looking for your computer to just boot right into HS thats called shelling. There are tutorials on how to do that on this site. alternatively you just put HS in your startup folder in windows, thats how ive done it on my set up. I just see about 5 seconds on my desktop then all HS from there

26 step process before you can get started playing games. Is this some kind of troll?

If 26 steps is bad than 34 steps must be better. You are welcome. :)

Just realized the instructions will currently get you a BETA version for HLHQ, just get it from the hyperspin download page. The BETA version does not work.

Thanks for noticing this, I have updated the steps in the guide to reflect this change.

If 26 steps is bad than 34 steps must be better. You are welcome. :)

Thanks for noticing this, I have updated the steps in the guide to reflect this change.

Mega thanks for the update :P

I tried to install this 7 times wondering what the hell I could be doing wrong the whole time :P

• 4 weeks later...

hi,

having an issue getting getting hyperspin/hyperlaunch installed. i tried following the tutorial listed here 3x's so i figured i ask questions to anything that didnt make sense to me during install.

Question 1: during step #4 right at the beginning it says this: Move your HyperLaunchHQ folder into the HyperLaunch folder. If your HyperLaunchHQ already exists in your HyperLaunch folder, skip this.

Well as of right now i don't have this folder. Do I just create a folder and name it HyperLaunchHQ?post-64366-142870668242_thumb.jpg

hi,

having an issue getting getting hyperspin/hyperlaunch installed. i tried following the tutorial listed here 3x's so i figured i ask questions to anything that didnt make sense to me during install.

Question 1: during step #4 right at the beginning it says this: Move your HyperLaunchHQ folder into the HyperLaunch folder. If your HyperLaunchHQ already exists in your HyperLaunch folder, skip this.

Well as of right now i don't have this folder. Do I just create a folder and name it HyperLaunchHQ?[ATTACH=CONFIG]49790[/ATTACH]

Start at step number 2 of the git instructions in that link. I will update my first post to clear up this confusion.

thanks, i am continuing on

next question #2:

under step 9 " You will be greeted with a prompt asking where HyperLaunch is installed. Just point it to your HyperLaunch folder C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch. This is HyperLaunchHQ the graphical user interface (gui) for editing HyperLaunch settings. You're thinking wow, so many settings this is too complicated. Well that's your fault for wanting lots of customization .

"

I was never greeted with a prompt so i just continued on (was this OK?)

thanks, i am continuing on

next question #2:

under step 9 " You will be greeted with a prompt asking where HyperLaunch is installed. Just point it to your HyperLaunch folder C:\HyperSpin\HyperLaunch. This is HyperLaunchHQ the graphical user interface (gui) for editing HyperLaunch settings. You're thinking wow, so many settings this is too complicated. Well that's your fault for wanting lots of customization .

"

I was never greeted with a prompt so i just continued on (was this OK?)

you should be fine.