Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

How to install HyperSpin

ghutch92

Wanted to say the tutorial is great, well written and easy to follow.

Instead of running the transition tool and upgrading I decided to follow this guide and build it back up from scratch. It took about 5+ hours, but I got everything updated to HS 1.4 and RocketLauncher with no issues and all my systems/wheels/media/settings/custom modules back up and running better than ever.

Thanks Ghutch... now I just need your help with a script... HA!

Do u recommend the transition tool or just install rlauncher manually and move things?

(Tapatalk)

I recommend using the transition tool if you kept RocketLauncher in a separate folder and didn't mix the RocketLauncher and hyperspin settings and media folders. Although I do not recommend choosing hyperspin 1.3 as this is incompatible with the install method presented in the instructions in this thread's guide.

If you did mix it, you will need to separate hyperlaunch3 settings from hyperspin settings by hand and then run the transition tool.

Thank ghutch. I've read folks doing a fresh install and transition tool. I have a hyperlaunch folder within my hyperspin folder. I assume that's what u mean by separate. I thought u had to do that

(Tapatalk)

My HyperLaunch folder was within my Hyperspin folder too. But my media, module, settings and maybe some other folders were mixed together so I chose to do a fresh install rather than separate everything apart before running the upgrade tool. Now My HyperSpin and RocketLauncher folders are completely separate like they should be (not one within the other). This took me much longer to do, but a nice benefit is that I moved them off my C: drive, so Hyperspin is completely set up on it's own H: drive and portable/backup-able. It also helped me clean up some things and fix a bunch of settings.

Ninja do you have separate media folders, one for HyperSpin and another for HyperLaunchHQ or are they mixed into one?

I have hyperspin folder that has database, media, settings, hyperlaunch etc folders. Then within the hyperlaunch folder I have all things hyperlaunch so it's media folder, module folder etc. So I literally have the root hyperlaunch folder within hyperspins root but the media sub folders are in its own right. Is that what u mean? Maybe I should go manual on this?

(Tapatalk)

Sounds like yours aren't mixed then. I followed Austins setup guide so mine were a bit mixed together. For example in the media folder in my Hyperspin root folder I had the hyperspin media folders (Mame, AAE, Main Menu etc...), but I also had the Hyperlaunch media folders (Bezels, Fade etc...). Not sure how mixed the other ones were, but I didn't think it was worth the trouble of using the upgrade tool then spending hours figuring out what broke. That may not have happened, but I didn't want to risk the aggravation.

• Upvote 1

Been at this for a few days now - can't seem to get it working even after following the guide step by step.

Completed the walk through, have my ROM added to C:\hyperspin\ROMS, but can't seem to get it to launch. Not sure which step I'm stuck at as I completed everything by the books. Any insight?

Been at this for a few days now - can't seem to get it working even after following the guide step by step.

Completed the walk through, have my ROM added to C:\hyperspin\ROMS, but can't seem to get it to launch. Not sure which step I'm stuck at as I completed everything by the books. Any insight?

Rom for what? Which emulator and system are you setting up? You have your ROM folder in your Hyperspin root?

Rom for what? Which emulator and system are you setting up? You have your ROM folder in your Hyperspin root?

Yes I have C:\Hyperspin\ROM. For example I'm trying to run a game on NES using MAME as per the example in the walkthrough.

sir can u add video for installation and what to download

Read the second sentence in the first post. Since this guide was posted it has undergone 6 major revisions. 6 videos with different instructions would be confusing. I could remove the videos but that would break shares and links. I also would need to find time to record and edit the video and I don't have the time. If someone else would like to make a video following the instructions I will be more than happy to link to it in the beginning of the first post.

Yes I have C:\Hyperspin\ROM. For example I'm trying to run a game on NES using MAME as per the example in the walkthrough.

The file names for your roms must match the names of the games in the xml that you are using.

So far as I know MAME won't emulate NES games, you'd need an NES emulator for that. MAME is for emulating arcade games.

I'm not sure what the best NES emulator to set up would be, I deleted all my NES stuff/roms over a week ago and can't even remember what I was running for it. A good place to start would be to make an NES system in RocketLauncher and then look to see what emulator modules it likes.

You'll also want a roms folder for each system type so they don't get mixed together. For example MAME/roms, NES/roms, Daphne/roms etc...

I keep my roms folders in their respective emulator folder. Like: Hyperspin/emulators/MAME/roms, Hyperspin/emulators/Daphne/roms etc...

Since MAME and MESS were merged, MAME can now be used to play NES games (and tons of other systems). It's my emulator of choice for almost everything.

Ah, that makes sense. He didn't say anything about MESS so it didn't occur to me that that's what he meant.

• 3 weeks later...