Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Main Hack Wheel...

Aorin

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way to use those fonts on where it displays the games name on the bottom left?

Unfortunately not, we can only choose some specific and few font types for the game text with some variation for color and stroke, but since Jsinn nailed the wheels for hacked games, we're good to go ahead now!

I just tested Sonic in Chaotix, I didn't expect this to be a good hack but, all sprites are really well done, Mighty names were replaced by Sonic too, there are few hacks for Sega 32x, DOOM II and other DOOM expansions are available and working too, some good stuff in the database to come:

RetroArch-0419-092526_zps3bwexkvo.jpg

Unfortunately not, we can only choose some specific and few font types for the game text with some variation for color and stroke, but since Jsinn nailed the wheels for hacked games, we're good to go ahead now!

Honestly I was hoping I could pull something like this off for my personal wheels haha I don't use title-art at all.

MMkm7v2.png

r9i1fKS.png

EEm4yTq.png

xQByajf.png

r1ZGN5R.png

XjrOJlm.png

Something similar to this, you'd still be able to read

the game's full name from the HS text at the bottom

and use the wheel to tell which original game that

is hacked. :)

I threw those together quickly, colors can be changed.

Maybe it's a crazy idea?

These look really really good.

Aorin, do you want to take Sega?

I am working on NES and currently my process is the following:

Using the pack from Emuparadise, I am identifying the hack

Load the hack and play for a few minutes

Decide if it is even remotely worth adding.

There are so many hacks (2527) on romhacking.net.  I have sectioned them off by system and updated the spreadsheet on google drive.

The romsets from emuparadise do not have all of the games from romhacking.net as it is an older set but for now that is what I am working from.

If anyone is interested in looking at the list I am working from here is the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3enZJngysREZ3h4czRoVnRWNXc/view?usp=sharing

By all means look through it and help us identify the best games.  I have been putting * next to games that I think are good. 

Aorin, do you want to take Sega?

I am working on NES and currently my process is the following:

Using the pack from Emuparadise, I am identifying the hack

Load the hack and play for a few minutes

Decide if it is even remotely worth adding.

There are so many hacks (2527) on romhacking.net.  I have sectioned them off by system and updated the spreadsheet on google drive.

The romsets from emuparadise do not have all of the games from romhacking.net as it is an older set but for now that is what I am working from.

If anyone is interested in looking at the list I am working from here is the link.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3enZJngysREZ3h4czRoVnRWNXc/view?usp=sharing

By all means look through it and help us identify the best games.  I have been putting * next to games that I think are good. 

Funny thing is I was just cleaning the pack from emuparadise, I cleaned based first on the names, some names are too stupid to even worth looking or playing lol, yeah I'll take SEGA!

Yeah tell me about it lol, 

'Naked Headless Mario Fights the Dick Nazis 2' seems quality number 1.  How is there even a 1, much less a sequel to that....

So, the main databases are ready now, we'll start recording the videos gameplay, 30 seconds of each game, no need for press start screens.

Again, if somebody is willing to help with this, let me know.

Got another attempt at a possible theme.  What do you guys think

7wbEc7T.png

We could obviously format it better and probably switch sides for video and game name but not bad from a rough draft point of view.

Got another attempt at a possible theme.  What do you guys think

We could obviously format it better and probably switch sides for video and game name but not bad from a rough draft point of view.

It looks nice, just adjust the video angle to fit the monitor and it should look really nice!

Seems pretty easy, Jsinn can do that in no time.

They were his ideas.

Also I think I am going to end up rerecording the NES videos.  The first play was enjoyable enough but the screenshot thing is going to bother me.  I will go ahead and do SNES tonight if I have time but eventually I want to redo the NES.

I'll join this project soon enough I got games in that genre and homebrew and unlicensed games need a home also I went to play new super mario on my dolphin realized it's hacked and another one similar called super mario bros 3 lol most hacks for nes and other consoles already have some videos out on emumovies

Sent from my LGL16C

I finally recorded all needed videos for Mega Drive/Genesis, SNES, 32X, Sega CD and one for PC Engine, Jsinn had an neat idea of adding a "hack" or "hacked" tag to the official wheels, giving us a clean result.

Here are some screenshots:

12_zpsra72hrsc.jpg

13_zpsqpcwf0x1.jpg

1-_zpsp1qau7yh.jpg

6_zpsshx47xpc.jpg

7_zpswra4l1mg.jpg

8_zpsdvzdun5s.jpg

4_zpsp4eqm6ts.jpg

I'm going to record NES, GB, GBC, GBA and N64 games so this setup will be complete.

All videos are being recorded at 60 fps, but I didn't follow any EmuMovies standard regarding the start screen at the end of the video, but they all still look nice.

I absolutely love the background.

I wouldn't use the wheel-art myself, but that's just because of the way my build is setup.
(Wheel art = Box Art for me)

It all looks great together though. This is coming along very nicely.

Then again, without Box-art for these titles, wheel art might serve it justice.... hmm my gears are turning.

Archived