Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Main Hack Wheel...

Aorin

Ya my issue is just the gba games aren't launching via rl but they do in retroarc. When doing it in rl, it loads and I see the bezel for a second and then it all disappears back to rocketlauncher ui

7z on or off?

Path set to the core? Not always necessary though.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as I read your post I tried running some, I remember some games had to be edited, actually I edited some BML files in notepad++.

Open your Donkey Kong Country 2 bml file with any note editor and check its contents

Mine looks like this

cartridge region=NTSC
  rom name=dkc.sfc size=0x400000
  ram name=save.ram size=0x800
  map id=rom address=00-3f,80-bf:8000-ffff
  map id=rom address=40-7f,c0-ff:0000-ffff
  map id=ram address=20-3f,a0-bf:6000-7fff mask=0xe000

msu1
    rom name=dkc.msu size=0x0000
    map id=io address=00-3f,80-bf:2000-2007

information
  title: Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (USA) (En,Fr) (MSU-1)

You need the bml file to have the database name entry, in this case I have Donkey Kong Country 2 - Diddy's Kong Quest (MSU-1).bml.

Rocket Launcher will load this file which is a kind of cue file.

Also, I'm posting a screenshot of my DK2 folder, check if you have the same contents as I do.

Screenshot%20607_zpsgbc1unzb.png

I dont have any of those files in my folder Where would I find the rest of the files?

All I have is the bml file

I dont have any of those files in my folder Where would I find the rest of the files?

All I have is the bml file

All you have is the bml file? It's just an index file, like a cue or xml, the MSU-1 games are big, something like 600+ mb per game.

7z on or off?

Path set to the core? Not always necessary though.

extension is set to gba, 7z is off, I just went to the config file for vbam and set the core path too... works great in retroarc still however in rl it loads only the bezel for about a second then nothing loads

06:25:24:433 | MD | ERROR | +31 | Window.Wait - There was an error waiting for the window "RetroArch ahk_class RetroArch". Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your Frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem.

06:25:54:865 | MD | ERROR | +0 | Window.WaitActive - There was an error waiting for the window "RetroArch ahk_class RetroArch" to become active. Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your Frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem.

its weird all the other cores work great with the exception of these for me. I'm on the newest rl, things work great outside of rl

bnes

fceumm

tgbdual

all the gba ones

exe is set to gba, 7z is off, I just went to the config file for vbam and set the core path too... works great in retroarc still however in rl it loads only the bezel for about a second then nothing loads

06:25:24:433 | MD | ERROR | +31 | Window.Wait - There was an error waiting for the window "RetroArch ahk_class RetroArch". Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your Frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem.

06:25:54:865 | MD | ERROR | +0 | Window.WaitActive - There was an error waiting for the window "RetroArch ahk_class RetroArch" to become active. Please check you have the correct version emulator installed for this module, followed any notes in the module, and have this emulator working outside your Frontend first. Also turn off Fade to see if you are hiding your problem.

its weird all the other cores work great with the exception of these for me. I'm on the newest rl, things work great outside of rl

bnes

fceumm

tgbdual

all the gba ones

What exe is set to GBA? 

I just uplodaded some prints, check against your RL configs, the module and settings I uploaded should load the same configs up there.

Check if all info pairs with yours:

2_zpsszuu2ddr.jpg

All settings goes ready to work out of the box, all alternative systems have mapped cores.

Screenshot%20608_zpsfxidhjdi.jpg

Regarding extensions, zip|cue|bml| is enough for all systems. All roms should be zipped, except for Sega CD and MSU-1 hacks since it wasn't intended to unzip these in this system anyway.

sorry I meant extension... I had 7z off and my gba games were the only thing zipped. Everything else matches just great. Unzipping the gba ones, fixed the issue oddly enough

7z|zip|rar|cue|bin|sfc|gba|gb|gbc|nes|ngc|ngp|gg|sms|md|a26|pce|cpr|smc|md|32x|fds|z64|nds

Archived