The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

yes, I have xp. I have the same setup you have. I built my system off your thread. I'm using the lastest video driver "260.99_desktop_winxp_32bit_english_whql" for dual gtx 260. Sometimes the video driver will change how the image is displayed on the 3 monitors. When I display an image, it is centered on each screen individually.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the info, jpcurreri. I figured it out - now it works (after killing explorer.exe) with a standard background image.

I finetuned this image for the correct fit on my 19" dmd screen. I need an image/dmd animation with 482x427 pixel for the right position (gstav :ahhhhh:;) ):

hp500p.jpg

btw, how is the 260.99 working? everything fine, also nudging without problems?

and please post some pics of your cab :tee:

holy smoke my friend, this looks freakin awesome. the indy knight would say "you have chosen.... wisely" :D is there a thread about your cab?

tilt bobs and mercury switch works nice here, especially with new core.vbs file (with tilt/nudge update).

"the last nvidia driver I tried had problems with nudging. During nudging... let's say... 10 times right and left in a sequence, a graphical glitch (black bar on the side) appeared."

cant be 100% sure that this wont happen as i havnt run a specific test like that. All i can say is ive spent a good amount of time playing different tables overs the xmas period and i havnt had any issue during normal play.

Happy yo say the new core.vbs for nudging seems to be working great as im not getting any double nudge/tilt issues now. This is with mercury switches, its working great now.

it was the 258.96 nvidia, you can find the thread here http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=9720. here is another thread about the 260.99 (stuttering issues?): http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?p=93848

can you test it and report if the bugs (on 260.99) are still there?

EDIT: tested 260.99, still the same tilt error :( back to 182.50 here.

I have not noticed any nudging issue in vp or fp with 260.99. I just tried 10 left nudges without any problem. My video card is gtx 260 and its overclocked to 717 and my system overclocked to 4.1g. Maybe that matters. I don't notice any stuttering when I boot from hyperpin directly.

OK also just tested with 259.22 drivers.

VP: 9.08

2x Palit GTS450

mobo: MSI P55-GD65

cpu: Intel G6950 oc'd 4.3ghz

Nudge key is set to keyboard left

table for testing: JP's Attack from mars latest version.

Tested left nudge consecutive x20 and right nudge consectutive x 20 and no issues to report, all runs fine.

was gonna suggest that maybe its an issue with the 200 series cards and latest drivers but previous poster seems to conflict with that.

I think it depends on the tables which uses the startshake command. try indiana jones, circus voltraire and monster bash

you can also hit F11 during gameplay to watch the fps when you nudge or it crashes.

vpinball is a really odd program. I guess we need simply an optimized new version :hmmmm::alberteinstein:

OK tested with Indy which has the start shake command (can see the table moving when i nudge)

.... works fine with +10 nudges and still silky smooth.

Ill check with fraps for fps when i get some time. The F11 option seems to give some odd numbers.

OK tested with Indy which has the start shake command (can see the table moving when i nudge)

.... works fine with +10 nudges and still silky smooth.

Ill check with fraps for fps when i get some time. The F11 option seems to give some odd numbers.

glad it works for you.

check the first 3 digits for FPS on the right top corner. how many fps do you have when you start indy and attack from mars (leave the ball in the shooterlane).

OK done a quick test with Indy

with explorer.exe terminated im getting around 80fps in shooter lane(i assume the first two digits are fps? or im getting 800 odd which cant be right)

the fps then settles at around 50-60 for a while untill I hit a feature where alot of lights go off like the planes shooting when you get around the ramps, then the fps drops to around 35-40 and settles there.

Tried multiple nudges and its not effecting these results, it appears to be more the lights that are causing the fps drop for me, although its not really noticable during play.

Couldnt log some benchmarks with fraps as it didnt work with vp (guess its because its not direct x)

Oh.. and this is with no UVP. Ive scrapped that for the time being as i was getting more slow down in combination with the ledwiz code.

800 should be correct for 3 screen systems with about 4ghz, I got also around 800.

the visual pinball fps score ist just a roughly reference value and depends on various adjustments/settings... but you can identify some problems easier with this fps score and it's good to compare your system after tweaking/optimization.

Archived