The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

hey Planning on ordering some relays and relay timer wondering how many ill need to got with the same setup as you?

1X knocker - relay

1X Gear motor -relay

1X Shaker motor - relay timer

1X Strobe- ??? (what would i need to drive this)

I also notice on your spreadsheet you had shaker motor 2X???

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for my setup you need

knocker - 1x blue standard relay

gearmotor - 1x blue standard relay

shakermotor - 1x blue standard relay AND 1x grey timer relay (off-delay)

strobe: 1x blue standard relay AND 1x grey timer relay (off-delay)

at the moment you can only set S, L or W to an ledwiz output, but we are working on mixing S/L/W. so you need only 1 ledwiz output for shaker.

Hi Chris,

Would it not be a good idea to design some sort of standard switch board for the interface ?

What i am thinking of is this:

3 or 4 type of boards with 6 channels each.

- first board switches 6 channels of 12 volts up to 1 amp or so by transistor

- second board same as first board, but with build in adjustable electronic timers (555) an max 1 amp

- third and fourth board basic the same as first and second, but uses board relays for higher amp switching

Maybe the design of boards 1-2 and 3-4 could be basicly the same, only with or without the timer element. Board 3-4 would be capable of switching high voltage (110~220v).

yes, that sounds very interesting. can you make a proto-board for testing?

we talked also about realizing a timer/strobo function via ledwiz/code and klaus is working on a pwm-board either (to drive the shaker with various intensity). maybe it works, maybe not :D let's do some pioneering and we'll see what the future brings.

I think for the meantime the plug and play relays are a good and working opportunity.

Hi Chris,

Would it not be a good idea to design some sort of standard switch board for the interface ?

What i am thinking of is this:

3 or 4 type of boards with 6 channels each.

- first board switches 6 channels of 12 volts up to 1 amp or so by transistor

- second board same as first board, but with build in adjustable electronic timers (555) an max 1 amp

- third and fourth board basic the same as first and second, but uses board relays for higher amp switching

Maybe the design of boards 1-2 and 3-4 could be basicly the same, only with or without the timer element. Board 3-4 would be capable of switching high voltage (110~220v).

those aluminium heatsink resistors are really oversized for 12v power-led usage, but i got it for an excellent price at ebay ;) so no harm in using :D

you can also try 9-11watt resistors via 12v or 5watt resistors via 5v to drive the cree leds.

good news about the prototype. can't wait to see it finished :five:

I may have missed it in the almost 1000 posts of this thread, but has anyone come up with a supplier for a similar affordable shaker motor in the US?

** Love the LED mod on the dog!! ;-)

Its called a "bumble ball" Thats what im going to use

Archived