Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to hijack your thread chriz, but what do i need to get from wolfsoft shop in regards to relays and delay boards and what, if i want:

6 solenoids (2 for flipperer, 2 for slingshots and 2 for bummpers)

Wiper/Gear motor

strobe light

Shaker

I have a Pacdrive already, will that have enough outputs to handle the above or would i need an ledwiz?

Sorry to hijack your thread chriz, but what do i need to get from wolfsoft shop in regards to relays and delay boards and what, if i want:

Wiper/Gear motor

strobe light

Shaker

I have a Pacdrive already, will that have enough outputs to handle the above or would i need an ledwiz?

If you are not driving any LEDs, you should be okay. I believe whose will require 10 outputs...

Wiper/Gear motor

strobe light

Shaker

you need a modified version of the pacdrive, because the original pacdrive switches the outputs "instant on" (e.g. while booting). so the contactors and all stuff on your "normal" pacdrive is always ON until the pinball software/code is loaded.

go with a ledwiz and everything is fine. i would also recommend you at least 3 contactors for bumpers (because 2 are too slow for the fast bumper movements).

Here are a couple of pictures of the speaker on the top of the cab (sorry about the quality.... need to find my real camera).

Without the cover:

WP_000072.jpg?psid=1

With the cover:

WP_000070.jpg?psid=1

and some videos that hopefully show the LEDs. YOu will also hear how loud the flippers are. I actually have to dial them down as they are too loud and overpower everything else... :) Again, sorry for the quality (or lack thereof)

lInDP993A7I

mqxLfpnXfPI

i8CGOcBlx2w

Want to add the 6 contactors too ( bumpers,slingshots ). Will this give a delay with the use of UVP ? Love playing 80's tables with scores in UVP . Can you really hear and FEEL the contactors ?

There is no delay that I see with UVP.

You can really hear and feel mine (mine are real pinball solenoids).

that's the trick, to hear and feel them :D

I use siemens contactors, because

- not too loud

- not too quiet

- switch fast (firing the contactor)

- plug and play (screw terminals, easy mounting and wiring)

- directly connectable to ledwiz (without extra relay)

my virtual pinball stands between a real medieval madness and scared stiff, so I can compare it directly with real pins.

Id say depending on your hardware you may experience lag or shutter. I'm going to removing UVP from machine completely once i have the LEDWIZ fully running, im running 6 contactors right now

I sold all my pins for VP :(

It's the original art and in good shape. my problem is: I love custom artwork and I love STTNG artwork :D:playingball::hmmmm:

I think I will not try to change something on the art, to keep the spirit of this dedicated machine.

but...maybe for the next project :thrasher:

most pinball tables have more than 3 flasher, mostly 5-7.

the virtual pinball flasher effect is very nice and bright with 3 flashers, but you lose some colors sometimes (for example when 2 left flashers with different colors flashes at the same time).

I will post a vid when everything is configured.

Archived