Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

:hmmmm: FWIW, I had 2 contactors, LEDWIZ and all the tables possible configured with UVP with no lag (including monopoly which is pretty much the perfect game btw). I just didn't like the idea I have to configure each table for the LEDWIZ and am concerned supporting it, so I took the LEDWIZ out of the loop and everything is running on the ipac2 with direct contactors. I am also limited for time as the games will be picked up this weekend.

I know this limits the capabilities of the cabinets, but my friends have played their cabinets and are happy with every game playing with contactors and love the UVP. The UVP adds as much fun to the whole emulation as the contactors in my opinion. It would be virtually impossible at this point to make the LEDWIZ plug and play for someone else that doesn't want to fuss with the cab.

I am running i5 760s overclocked on both cabs with two 1 GB video cards, see my thread for complete hardware if it helps.

I want to thank Chris and everyone else that helped me along the way. This has truly been an exciting adventure and I will make another cabinet, this time for me :)

Id say depending on your hardware you may experience lag or shutter. I'm going to removing UVP from machine completely once i have the LEDWIZ fully running, im running 6 contactors right now

I sold all my pins for VP :(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
most pinball tables have more than 3 flasher, mostly 5-7.

the virtual pinball flasher effect is very nice and bright with 3 flashers, but you lose some colors sometimes (for example when 2 left flashers with different colors flashes at the same time).

I will post a vid when everything is configured.

I was thinking the same thing for mine also, I was going to go with a 5 LED's

4 that are multi and one pure white for the center.

I noticed tables have at least a 4 flasher setup also.

I hope i have enough inputs!

This must look amazing in person. Is the flasher effect much brighter than the real game? I would think so, since the real games use incandescents and the LEDs are so much more intense.

I was thinking the same thing for mine also, I was going to go with a 5 LED's

4 that are multi and one pure white for the center.

I noticed tables have at least a 4 flasher setup also.

I hope i have enough inputs!

Chris, if you get a chance to make some video of the flashers, can you turn on your real games and load up the same game on the vpin for comparision? I think that would really help some people and demonstrate the similaries and differences. Just when I thought you had completed your cabinet you continue to improve and enhance it.:cheers:

[/i]

most pinball tables have more than 3 flasher, mostly 5-7.

the virtual pinball flasher effect is very nice and bright with 3 flashers, but you lose some colors sometimes (for example when 2 left flashers with different colors flashes at the same time).

I will post a vid when everything is configured.

Chris, if you get a chance to make some video of the flashers, can you turn on your real games and load up the same game on the vpin for comparision? I think that would really help some people and demonstrate the similaries and differences.

I will try to catch the effect :pcguru:

Just when I thought you had completed your cabinet you continue to improve and enhance it.:cheers:[/i]

hehehe... you know, once you start it, this pinball adventure never ends :D

It's the original art and in good shape. my problem is: I love custom artwork and I love STTNG artwork :D:playingball::hmmmm:

I think I will not try to change something on the art, to keep the spirit of this dedicated machine.

but...maybe for the next project :thrasher:

I read a lot of text, i hear you say: gonna make some new STTNG art with hot babes like 7of9 on it :aetsch:

if you are not getting slow down with uvp/ledwiz rom code combination then im thinking it may be the quad core processors thats the key.

im running a g6950 which is only dual core although its clocked at 4.3 gig. and set affinity o run vp on core 1 and rest on core 2.

i thought ghz over cores would win out but maybe this is not the case if you can slpit all the different components over 4 cores :questionmark:

This must look amazing in person. Is the flasher effect much brighter than the real game? I would think so, since the real games use incandescents and the LEDs are so much more intense.

i dont have all my equipment yet im sitll waiting on compenets like LED's If you go with the CREE led's These are extremely high powered, yes the extra money does make a difference

Im using CREE's light in my personal Salt water fish tank at home. They give off equivalent light to metal hylide. With the one pure white LED's should be more then enough to emulated flasher effect.

I have yet to still test out the multicolored But from chris's video's im getting pumped, they look bright!

if you are not getting slow down with uvp/ledwiz rom code combination then im thinking it may be the quad core processors thats the key.

im running a g6950 which is only dual core although its clocked at 4.3 gig. and set affinity o run vp on core 1 and rest on core 2.

i thought ghz over cores would win out but maybe this is not the case if you can slpit all the different components over 4 cores :questionmark:

i still get slow down also so cores dont make a difference also. Im running i5 760 OC to 3.5

But im wondering if theres a way to set the LEDWIZ script in affinity?

thanks gbeef.

One thing i noticed yesterday is that i was getting major slowdown all of a sudden. Took a while but i traced it to the wireless network trying to connect in the background.

Im gonna go through all the services etc today and strip out everything thats not needed in windows as its amazing how much such little things effect VP performance.

you need a modified version of the pacdrive, because the original pacdrive switches the outputs "instant on" (e.g. while booting). so the contactors and all stuff on your "normal" pacdrive is always ON until the pinball software/code is loaded.

go with a ledwiz and everything is fine. i would also recommend you at least 3 contactors for bumpers (because 2 are too slow for the fast bumper movements).

Can i mod the pacdrive myself? Also what about powers supply for the solenoids can i use my PC PSU, its 750watt corsair PSU

no, you need a special pacdrive version (flashed to "off outputs"). maybe you can ask andy from ultimarc concerning this.

you can use your pc power supply, but if there are problems with wiring you could fry your complete pc :D:banghead:

so 30 bucks are a good investment for an external 150w 12vdc psu (like meanwell SNT MW150-12)

cool.

No more direct sharing of configs... oh well, it was good while it lasted. Maybe I will write an Excel Macro to do the conversion.

Once you convert one, send me the .xls and I will see what I can come up with... :)

I noticed that you no longer have an extra ball button wired up...

cool.

No more direct sharing of configs... oh well, it was good while it lasted. Maybe I will write an Excel Macro to do the conversion.

Once you convert one, send me the .xls and I will see what I can come up with... :)

I noticed that you no longer have an extra ball button wired up...

yes, I miss my rom controlled extraball button (which is now always ON). I will send you the new xls.

Archived