Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mini-Pin X Build

njay

Nice work!

One question though... Your playfield does not look perfectly centered due to the rounded bezel on the bottom (maybe just an illusion?). Are you able to trim a bit of plastic off the bezel to move it over a little?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This pics are good, you made a very good job!

Thanks for the YouTube link too.

How will you hide the LCD case sides and want you make some glas or plexi etc. over it?

I take self print out yellow paper, looks ok, must make here and there a little bit better.

That is "detail" work, takes much of time.

I am going to use rawd his idea i will mount the plexi set markers where the borders start of the monitors and paint them black...

for the backbox i am going to drill two holes on the bottom left and right and screw it straight in the box .. two screws should be enough to keep it up

Well it is centered but when i am going to mount the plexi and spray paint it the left side will be bigger then the right... and i am still not confident enough to remove the whole bezel :(

any ideas?

Well.. How can it be centered and yet bigger on the left than right? It can't be both. :)

Maybe you can 'sand' or trim a bit of the bezel off the bottom of the montior? Maybe you could router out 3/16" on the inside of the cabinet so the monitor bezel goes 'in' to the wood a bit? What are your left and right measurements from the edge of the wood to the start of your screen?

Edit: When I had to flip my TV's when I installed VP, I had to cut about 3/16" off of the bezel on my TV to make it center. I originally left the bezel on so that I wouldn't void my warranty on the TV. After cutting the bezel, I screwed that up :)

Well the problem is i don't know how to remove a bezel... i cannot find any screw holes :(

only one rubber cap but i cannot seem to open it....

this may sound stupid but for first im going to leave it

the left side of the plexi will be 7 cm sprayed and the right 5 cm

when i have more money i will buy a lcd that is the same size on all sides like a samsung is

plexi is not that expensive sorry for my noobines :P

Well the problem is i don't know how to remove a bezel... i cannot find any screw holes :(

only one rubber cap but i cannot seem to open it....

this may sound stupid but for first im going to leave it

the left side of the plexi will be 7 cm sprayed and the right 5 cm

when i have more money i will buy a lcd that is the same size on all sides like a samsung is

plexi is not that expensive sorry for my noobines :P

I understand. So if you are out by 2cm, then that means you would need to move it 1cm to the left. Is it possible to take 0.5cm off the bezel (sanding?) and cut a 0.5cm off a small inside portion of the wood with a router? That would move it over 1cm, and you would have 6cm on each side. Just a thought.

Anyways, your cab looks great! What are you going to do for legs? Full size/shorter/none?

Good idea again m8 , i can try that.

i will go for the full size legs with brackets from marcosspecialities.com

will it fit? i think so hopefully the full size brackets are not to big for my cabinet

I am going to use rawd his idea i will mount the plexi set markers where the borders start of the monitors and paint them black...

I forget this.

Thanks for bring it back!

Will try it too, but with yellow. Thanks for that idea to Rawd too!

I think it would look better as my paper...

I forget this.

Thanks for bring it back!

Will try it too, but with yellow. Thanks for that idea to Rawd too!

I think it would look better as my paper...

Yes. If you paint the backside of the plexi, the front comes out nice and shiny. Even if you use a flat paint.

Full size legs and brackets should fit on your cab without a problem.

Personally, I went with mini legs on my mini cab (welded myself) because I wanted the cabinet to look more in proportion. The downside is, that you have to sit down to play it. But that can also be an upside with long games. :)

I just looked back at some of your pictures and noticed that your back piece of wood on the main cabinet is 'inset' a couple of inches. Unfortunately, that will not work very well for the legs and brackets. The two pieces of wood need to come together flush, at a 90 degree angle (you drill 2 holes through the corner of the wood).

Here are some pictures I dug up, so you can have an idea...

img0288j.th.jpg

img0286oi.th.jpg

dsc04282h.th.jpg

I also read later that you can buy foam/plastic inserts for the legs. You will find that your artwork will crinkle when you tighten the legs without them.

How do you mean inset? that is doesn't fit properly?

Is it still possible to mount the brackets on the inside of the cab all seems good to me...?

but how did your artwork survive ? did you use the foam? i searched for it on google but could not find it...

How do you mean inset? that is doesn't fit properly?

Is it still possible to mount the brackets on the inside of the cab all seems good to me...?

but how did your artwork survive ? did you use the foam? i searched for it on google but could not find it...

This picture:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4260&d=1260544322

Your wood at the back does not meet at 90 degrees.. you have the back 'inset'. The brackets will go fine on the inside but how can you drill a hole at a 45 degree angle through that? How will your legs be flush to the back on the outside?

My artwork survived ok. I used a blade to cut the artwork a little bit, so that it didn't crumple too much and flattened it out. I'm not sure where to buy the inserts.. I just rememeber reading about them somewhere, sorry.

Artwork looks good, I would have a go at pulling the case off the LCD because its a monitor it uses clips along the outside endge with a small flathead screw driver and some tough love you can get it off pretty easy.

Rawd, the picture you selected was just a mock up how the cabinet sides would stand out

when constructed i got al niceley 90 Degrees ... :P

Kurt, i will to that one day when the waranty is gone on the monitor :P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

well i got the plexi finally :P

i test fitted it and it fitted like a charm .. but then things happend :(

1. i dropped one plate of plexi for the backbox when scratch marks , sigh this material scratches really fast you dont see the scratches when the monitor is on but is there a way to polish it?

2. i screwed the backbox plexi to the backbox causing the wood to almost split on those two screws lucky me this will be painted black :P

post-11482-142870571639_thumb.jpg

post-11482-14287057164_thumb.jpg

1. i dropped one plate of plexi for the backbox when scratch marks , sigh this material scratches really fast you dont see the scratches when the monitor is on but is there a way to polish it?

2. i screwed the backbox plexi to the backbox causing the wood to almost split on those two screws lucky me this will be painted black :P

Must pay learning money too :(

Buy again my macrolan on Ebay cost 15 € with shipping.

I know now, polycarbonat must you use how you use a DVD (polycarbonat too).

For example "cleaning with "microfaser""

Plexi- I don't know about that...

I see very little scratch only when light shine directly on the plate.

Painting, I want to say again "Thank you very much" to Rawd I have paint it yellow with his idea. It looks very very good. Nothing of paper can do this effect.

Looking really good man.

I had a couple of small paint runs as well, but I used oil based paint, so I was able to use a solvent to remove the paint. On my glass I used a razor blade, but I wouldn't recommend that on plexi.

It looks like you were able to center the monitor now? Router? Cut bezel?

Edit: 26 tables! :) You have lots of software work to do. I just deleted a bunch of my tables to bring me back to 230. :)

Archived