Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Mini-Pin X Build

njay

and no fans in backbox you said?

well looks like 4 mm isn't enough, and you should put some fans for air circulation, and air flow should go around lcd (not just one hole in, the other out - and all circulation is in the back of lcd - so front gets hot) - so you should increase space from the plexy to lcd, enable air flow around lcd (if some bezel is blocking it) and put something between input and output air holes - so that air can't go directly from one hole to another

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will check but the problems are not there after 30 mins but the screen is ok that is not an issue:

the sounds gets all weird and plops something if you blew up your speakers it will disapear when you shut off the machine

• 2 weeks later...
onboard via chipset

Onboard soundcards are rubbish - stick in something half decent!

About £55 new in UK, £35 used on eBay:

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496.html

Or a Sound Blaster 5.1 (SB0220) will kill any on board soundcard. Can get these on ebay for about £12 in the UK.

Would also recommend you isolate audio with this device between PC and amplifier:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-Channel-unbal-Line-Isolation-Transformer-PC-Audio-/380231086964?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Consumer_Professional_RL&hash=item588789f374

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i got the nudging to work with the mercury switches.

it's really hard to get it going , adjusting is not easy with those things

i now have them mounted the same way facing but one higher adjusted

it works but if anyone has more tips for me please go ahead.

also some vp tables seem to react faster and tilt out fast any way to adjust or where to look into the script?

uMtfn_CaM4g

post-11482-142870571952_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870571954_thumb.jpg

I would suggest mounting them on the front panel inside the cab, and not on the floor like you have at the moment, by having them on the front panel, say just below the lockdown bar on either side of the cab, they should be more sensitive, as this will cause greater movement the higher up in the cab you place them....if that makes sense??

Does anyone know how to adjust the tilt sens? per table?

attack from mars works fine but the rest if to tilty

there are 2 options:

-tilt (sensivity) in the table script

-tilt-warnings in the pinmame menu (standard is 3, change it to 8-10)

Hi Njay, i would like to use your Mini X-pin as an example for my own mini pin. It looks just great !!!. Did you use the exact measurements as discribed in your post ?

What tips could you give me, for things you might have done differently, if you could do it all over again ?

Thx.

Regards

JAck

Hi Jack,

well the measurments are correct but the mdf thickness is not included so you must take care of that in your drawings otherwise it will not fit the mdf i uses was 18mm also the underside of the cab is not in the drawings but it's easy to figure out !!

well for tips construct the cab with all parts before you apply the vinly

i did not do so and mounted the legs last which i had to cut away lots of the bracket because my button holes where in the way !!!

ask me more if you need

Hi Njay,

thanks for your reply. What application did you use to produce the graphics ? In what format did you send it to mamemarquees.com ? (and not in the least, what did you pay for it if i may ask ?)

I am thinking about doing it in T2 style, since that is my favorate Pin (i used to own a real one, but unfortunatly had to sell it. No room, hence the mini pin :))

No Lord Hiryu did the artwork for me and he sended it to me in a form that i sended to mamemarquees.com , well the money was a personal arrangement so i can't post it sorry

otherwise everyone will be flooding those prices

T2 is a nice pin post lotsa pics

That's understandable njay, no problem. At the moment i am remoddeling my house, as soon as i am ready i will start the build. I will keep you guys informed. For now i am building my own "Proof of Concept" to see if the software etc works like it is supposed to, and what the recuirement are. So far all is looking good :)

Not much to show yet. I have installed the software, learning the ins and outs of hyperspin, vpinball and UVP. I am using my old PC and two monitors. A 20 inch 4:3 for the playfield and a 19 inch 4:3 as the backglass.

Just to see if the tables are fun to play, and give the same game experience as a real pinball machine. So far i am pleased with the results :)

I have ordered a I-pac 2 board, and some buttons to get started. Then a larger monitor is needed for the playfield (i am thinking abbout a 24 inch monitor 244E1SB by philips). I will use the 19 inch 4:3 for the backglass.

When there is something to show, i will start a build topic to keep you informed. Anyway, thanks for showing me that it is possible and fun to build as well :top: By the way, do you know of any good pictures of the side art for a T2 ? Can't seem to find any online.

Regards

Jack

• 2 months later...

sorry for the old bump lol

but i have some time now to go further adjusting the mercury switches but having major problems with it.

can anyone post a pic how they mounted them in their cabs and tell me how to properly adjust a table script? thanks !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived