Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Mini-Pin X Build

njay

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks a lot better :)

I use the same strobes.

One thing I noticed is that they need to be pointed at the player to experience the full effect.

That's why I putted them underneath and at an angle.

By the way, i removed the 'black box' that came with it and have the ROM control the strobing.

Here are some shots of the backbox and cable ties !

My Goal is to have an easier to deteach backbox:

I now only have to screw lose the cables that run trought the terminal strip to the flashers and strobes, before i had the wires run all the way inside the cabinet.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8780&d=1312994691

Cable ties:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8779&d=1312994677

post-11482-14287057338_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870573382_thumb.jpg

More Wiring today :

It may not look pretty but you will never see the backside of it and the functionality is good, i can now easely disconnect the backbox from the main cabinet and the inerts of the cabinet is cleaner.

PS. the black wires for the speakers and monitor are normally inside the cabinet !

attachment.php?attachmentid=8784&d=1313065389

Terminal strip with piggy banking:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8785&d=1313065404

And more:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8786&d=1313065418

attachment.php?attachmentid=8787&d=1313065431

attachment.php?attachmentid=8788&d=1313065443

post-11482-142870573383_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870573385_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870573387_thumb.jpg

post-11482-142870573389_thumb.jpg

post-11482-14287057339_thumb.jpg

Just a quick hint on the LEDWiz wiring on the common side - rather than have the terminal strip, you can run one wire to your first button, then chain to the second button, third button, etc. There is no need to run the common all the way back to the terminal strip for each button - it's a lot of extra wire and time, which makes for more mess *grin*.

You can do the same for the IPAC. For power on non-LEDWiz controlled LEDs, you can do the chaining for both positive and negative wires.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey you all :)

I need some help figuring something out !

I am going to buy a pindmd board from russdx on the vpforums site and was wondering where the hell i would place the dmd :P

I can ofcourse redesign my complete backbox but i like the way it is.

My idea was to create a nice metal frame for the dmd just like a picture frame and let is rest on my backbox between the lights...

Or maybe another place hmmm

What would you all do?

Make a smaller box to go under the backbox. You could make it the same width as the main cabinet and it will look like you've got a fat "T" shaped backbox with the DMD positioned where it "should" go.

Alternatively you could make the DMD "box" the same width as the backbox and relocate the speakers so they are either side of there DMD behind a grille, just like a real machine. That would help make the backbox look more proportional.

The easiest solution would be to have the DMD in a topper box but that might look a bit weird, although it would make the score easier to see!

Personally, I'd do a bit of a rebuild that puts the DMD in its "traditional" position.

I think of making a sort metal frame around the dmd then putting my backbox on top of that... hmmm thanks all for the ideas !!

@mameman

Those are not cree's but standard rgb leds from GGG that has the driverboard with cable included.. maybe you can email Randy there about those cables, i am sure he can help you out

I think of making a sort metal frame around the dmd then putting my backbox on top of that... hmmm thanks all for the ideas !!

@mameman

Those are not cree's but standard rgb leds from GGG that has the driverboard with cable included.. maybe you can email Randy there about those cables, i am sure he can help you out

ahh cool, i know the type of cable then.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I just bought 3 siemens contactors from usa ebay for 30 :) so it's 70 with shipping still only 51 euros :) so cheap !!

I got only question how i do make the wire that contains the diode?

Also i see wiring diagrams of everyone using the voltage bank on the wiz, could i just run the 24+ to a terminal strip instead?

Archived