Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSpin 1.4.16 Released!

jhabers

Can you give me specifics as to what meta data you are looking for

Similar to this project: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/5401-aeon-nox13-wip/ hyperspin users have integrated data from xml files using actionscript in swf files.

This information already exists for mame (in the form of the catver, hystori.dat, and listxml data from the mame.exe itself), the rest of the systems data will be for sure suplied by this community work (xml data already exists).

Lastest Aeon Nox 13 Skin for Hyperspin Video  ;):

And with 16:9 and 4:3 support i'm refering to something like the video and little app I made some time ago (but better and integrated in hyperspin obviously). http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/24942-how-hyperspin-should-handle-4-3-and-169-themes-in-the-future-or-my-hyperspin-video/

I would imagine the common info like:

Publisher

Developer

Genre

Rating

Year

# of Players

Synopsis/Description of game

Score (like Metacritic rating, etc)

Yeah ... all the posible fields of information will be good. We will never fill all fields for all systems, but the posibility will be there. Obviously, you will need to find a way to set this data position/visibility on screen for every theme or system at least.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Similar to this project: http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/5401-aeon-nox13-wip/ hyperspin users have integrated data from xml files using actionscript in swf files.

This information already exists for mame (in the form of the catver, hystori.dat, and listxml data from the mame.exe itself), the rest of the systems data will be for sure suplied by this community work (xml data already exists).

And with 16:9 and 4:3 support i'm refering to something like the video and little app I made some time ago (but better and integrated in hyperspin obviously). http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/topic/24942-how-hyperspin-should-handle-4-3-and-169-themes-in-the-future-or-my-hyperspin-video/

Yeah ... all the posible fields of information will be good. We will never fill all fields for all systems, but the posibility will be there. Obviously, you will need to find a way to set this data position/visibility on screen for every theme or system at least.

So long as it can all be turned off too. I sure don't want all that on my setup.

Sent from my SM-G935V

I see what your saying you want HyperSpins main wheel to have the ability to display that info natively within HyperSpin whereas that kinda info can be displayed on the fade screen when you launch a title in RocketLauncher but you guys want to display it within HyperSpins main menu wheel or each system and title for that matter. So I would think HyperSpin just needs to read the database xml file within RocketLauncher's database folder maybe to read that meta data in the xml file but akso need HyperSpin to add an option in the settings files to disable those features from being displayed if you don't want them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see a setting to adjust the spacing of the wheel images on the right side so they're not clumped up on top of each other so much.

Also some options to control what text is displayed in the bottom left. So publisher, year, # of players could be toggle switches in the settings or an option to use the wheel image instead of the text in the bottom left so once the wheel on the right disappears the game logo is left in the bottom left

HyperTheme needs to support mp4 when creating new themes instead of flv. I know this has been known forever but should be fixed especially since EmuMovies has gotten away from supporting flv's.

I am not in front of my computer but I recall seeing it in HyperHQ I can look when I get home unless someone else chimes in before I can reply later

I don't think that can be done. You can change the size of the wheels in HyperHQ though. I have done that on the main menu and I think it looks a lot better when the wheels are a little smaller.

Proper joystick use would be great so we can get away from using xpadder and the hyperspin script to control HS. I know joystick support was partially added in 1.4, but it is still not correct especially if you are using hyperspin on a 1080P monitor.

Amazing!! Jhabers are you secretly Bbb [emoji12]

Possible enhancement request lol

1. Hyperspeech from buggie man support again

2. full letter jump support for multiple numbers

3. Genre option for main menu. Ie. Console wheel, genres would be each system genre, within each wheel allow game genre

4. Wide screen support

5. Rate game 5 star system

6. Main menu wheel description/year

7. Ability to scrape info and graphics

8. Ability for multiple favorites and rename the favorite text per one

9. Swf support and MP4 in hyper theme

10. Allow for special art c2 to display custom favorite genre wheel art. Ie when you select a genre you can display special genre art. However when you select favorites, you are unable to have favorite png art as "genre"

11. Ability to display letter jump when wheel has fewer than 24 games

12. Ability to control spacing within wheel

13. Control the text that is displayed in the information- pick and choose

Plz and thanks!!!

Trying to keep a running total

Trying to keep a running total

Ninja, could you keep a running tally of all the suggestions and also from any other thread there was and get them to me? I will then relay them to BBB and present them. Cant guarentee all will be implemented but I will work to get as many in there as possible that make sense to. Then maybe we can put them all in a poll so we rate them and get them into some sort of list of importance to users

:)

Instead of adding Genres to the first wheel, how about we add an optional 3rd wheel layer? Like the Main Menu Changer project. We can create a top-layer wheel with a grouping of systems such as Arcade, Consoles, Handhelds, PC Games, Pinball, etc. I can then launch Punch Out for NES very intuitively like this...

Launch HS > select 'Consoles' (wheel 1) > select 'NES' (wheel 2) > select 'Punch Out (wheel 3)

I would also love to see the Joystick issue debugged and better 16:9 support as suggested earlier :)

Archived