Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

PSX ROMS?

Tcrusenberry

So this is all a matter of opinion but the best graphics / compatibility is going to have to go to ePSXe.  However... I never liked their configuation / plugins that they supported.  PCSX-R in my opinion is the best if you want to be able to configure everything but it hasn't been updated in FOREVER.  SO what I ended up doing is using ePSXe's latest GL video plugin with PCSX-R and boom, magic! Same graphics and compatibility of ePSXe combined with PCSX-r's superior plugin compatibility.  I really needed this because I have so many controllers connected to my device and ePSXe is unable to see them all thus it couldn't see my PlayStation controllers.  PCSX-R is able to use the same exact plugin that PCSX2 uses for controllers which in my opinion is one of the best controller plugins out there.  Again... beauty of PCSX-R is you can throw just about any plugin you want in there and it will use it even plugins from completely different system emulators haha (it does help that PlayStation 2 and PlayStation use similar controllers haha)

Yeah I have tried them all. Everytime I try and load a rom I get errors. Is it because they need to be zipped?unzipped?mounted? I just don't know

I have looked for tutorials and nothing has helped yet. I am pretty new to hyper spin but was able to get my NES and Sega ROMS going and now trying to get ps working!

The roms must be unzipped prior to loading them in the emulator. The number one issue people have with disc based systems, specifically those with bin/cue files, is the cue files. You need to open the cue file in a text editor and make sure that the bin filename in the cue file matches the actual bin filename.

Ok thanks I will look into this. I have read some things about MagicISO to convert files. Is this a good option?

Simply Austin has a pretty good PlayStation set up guide on YouTube for hyperspin if you need help. Make sure you watch the one with ePSXe first. He had otter ones with different psx emu's, but they don't show how to set them up with hyperspin.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ok thanks I will look into this. I have read some things about MagicISO to convert files. Is this a good option?

magicISO will not convert files,  what you will have to do is mount your image on a virtual drive and use majiciso to re-rip  the mounted image to a format you want (preferably Bin/Cue)

you should take this advice

So this is all a matter of opinion but the best graphics / compatibility is going to have to go to ePSXe.  However... I never liked their configuation / plugins that they supported.  PCSX-R in my opinion is the best if you want to be able to configure everything but it hasn't been updated in FOREVER.  SO what I ended up doing is using ePSXe's latest GL video plugin with PCSX-R and boom, magic! Same graphics and compatibility of ePSXe combined with PCSX-r's superior plugin compatibility.  I really needed this because I have so many controllers connected to my device and ePSXe is unable to see them all thus it couldn't see my PlayStation controllers.  PCSX-R is able to use the same exact plugin that PCSX2 uses for controllers which in my opinion is one of the best controller plugins out there.  Again... beauty of PCSX-R is you can throw just about any plugin you want in there and it will use it even plugins from completely different system emulators haha (it does help that PlayStation 2 and PlayStation use similar controllers haha)

once you have all your PSX roms in Bin/Cue format and renamed to match the Hyperspin XML (including the contents of the CUE files)

-read the PCSX-R  module notes,  

- the module notes will show you how to set up the emulator to load Bin files directly  (NO NEED FOR DAEMON TOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!)

I'm sure their are other emulators that can load the Bin files directly (faster loading its something you want)

if you choose PCSX-R  you also  get to enjoy all the benefits stated by epayson85

• 5 months later...
I've tried retroarch but can't getting running the games.

IMG_0835.JPG.973612575361af6a5355e16404b0745b.JPG
IMG_0836.JPG.1b8aaf89f5dc8067e48d3b32ecf8edf8.JPG

Man, what format are your psx roms?
I think you don't the .cue files for your roms.
I used a batch to create the .cue files for al my roms and then it started working on retroarch.
I was having the same issue as you.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Have you activaded the zip option on rocketlauncher?
Are you using the right core for retroarch? Mednafen cores? There are like 2 cores I think.
If not try using unzipping one game and try if it works that way, but that would be the very very last option

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Right done away with retroarch for the PlayStation and now running epsxe and games loading no problem.

two things tho if you can help 

when you configure emulator with shaders/plugins etc and it's looking good through emulator, does that not carry on through to front end!?

and controls not working on all games is there a way to configure them!?

thanks in advance 

You need to set the module settings in RocketLauncher if you want to use shaders. You can even have different settings per rom depending on if you are playing a 3D game vs a 2D game with sprites. I found that some shaders are geared more towards 2D sprite games vs 3D polygons.

As for controls not working on some games that is because not all PSX games support the dual shock controller. You can press F5 to switch modes in the emulator though.

• 2 years later...

Hello i got Question : When I tried to run games through HS RL 7zip extract file but game not load black screen and freez, I tried with the slow bot setting but I am loading something instead of normal running and just a black screen and nothing more Look : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_uQcZglsJ4&feature=youtu.be
No error etc hmm some game iso some bin cue how fix this

Archived