Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

DICE videos

craiganderson

Craig I understand the need to have things done for yourself and appreciate the fact that you are sharing but why is it that you never quite make things to standards? You get so close but then just let it slide? Could you imagine what the themes and wheels and videos would look like if everyone had the same attitude? I'm not opposed to sharing what you are doing but I just don't see the point in not taking that extra little bit of time to finish things off properly.

Just saying.

Craig I understand the need to have things done for yourself and appreciate the fact that you are sharing but why is it that you never quite make things to standards? You get so close but then just let it slide? Could you imagine what the themes and wheels and videos would look like if everyone had the same attitude? I'm not opposed to sharing what you are doing but I just don't see the point in not taking that extra little bit of time to finish things off properly.

Just saying.

hilarious.....

You are right. I am not sure how life would continue. How would I ever get up and go to work if every video on my system is not exactly 35 seconds long. ......No.....Dear god.,....No.......how could this happen??......

I think 35 seconds is way to long and thus I record the actual true and real "proper" 10-15 second videos for my own system. If anybody wants them they can have them. If not, no big deal.

man the nazi big brother attitude about hyperspin is kind of funny sometimes........

Just saying.

Huh? Not sure what you mean by that but OK.

The default values are based around the length of time things run such as attract modes and such. Thousands of people use these files on HyperSpin alone and the movies also end up on many other front ends so why would you choose to make your own specifications against those that are already in wide use?

Huh? Not sure what you mean by that but OK.

The default values are based around the length of time things run such as attract modes and such. Thousands of people use these files on HyperSpin alone and the movies also end up on many other front ends so why would you choose to make your own specifications against those that are already in wide use?

Because I am a free individual with a very large brain and free will with the ability to weigh pros and cons and decide for myself as to how long I want MY videos to be. I don't really care what everybody else is using. I am not an automaton. Are you? Thousands of other people can use longer videos if they want. God Bless 'Em all. But I prefer them to be shorter and thus I record them to the proper specifications. If you don't want them don't use them. Why are you even commenting? Just so you know I will probably get 10 personal emails thanking me for these and apologizing for this sort of behavior on hyperspin.....

hilarious.....

You are right. I am not sure how life would continue. How would I ever get up and go to work if every video on my system is not exactly 35 seconds long. ......No.....Dear god.,....No.......how could this happen??......

I think 35 seconds is way to long and thus I record the actual true and real "proper" 10-15 second videos for my own system. If anybody wants them they can have them. If not, no big deal.

man the nazi big brother attitude about hyperspin is kind of funny sometimes........

Just saying.

These length movies have been made that way for a lot longer than I can remember. There is nothing Nazi about it. Everything is kept the same and everything is done the same way. Simple and everyone can expect the same result when they download the files.

Saying you record the "true and real proper" does not make sense?

I've lost track of the thanks I've gotten and I'm happy to help people because this stuff is fun but having low quality stuff and files that don't match other ones especially for the really old systems that I played as a kid is just a bit sad. While you are recording the gameplay you could make two versions. An official one and one for yourself. Then your thanks would be a hell of a lot higher than 10 emails. :)

These length movies have been made that way for a lot longer than I can remember. There is nothing Nazi about it. Everything is kept the same and everything is done the same way. Simple and everyone can expect the same result when they download the files.

I've lost track of the thanks I've gotten and I'm happy to help people because this stuff is fun but having low quality stuff and files that don't match other ones especially for the really old systems that I played as a kid is just a bit sad. While you are recording the gameplay you could make two versions. An official one and one for yourself. Then your thanks would be a hell of a lot higher than 10 emails. :)

Huh?

I'm not quite sure why we now have mods attacking people who are sharing their work, especially calling them "low quality" and implying that his work is not good when the only real difference is length and the video doesn't end with a title screen if you want to compare to Circo's videos. If he was submitting them for inclusion into an official set, sure, fine... but until we have official videos for these, I appreciate that he went through the trouble of putting these out there for us.

We should be offering positive encouragement to anyone that wants to contribute anything to HS and politely leading them towards aiming at higher standards should they want to do so.

I know what we should do. We should count up the number of thanks we get and thus prove who is right and who is wrong. LOL. We could also use that methodology to decide who the better musician is: Justin Bieber or Flea from the red hot chili peppers...... lOL

I'm not quite sure why we now have mods attacking people who are sharing their work, especially calling them "low quality" and implying that his work is not good when the only real difference is length and the video doesn't end with a title screen if you want to compare to Circo's videos. If he was submitting them for inclusion into an official set, sure, fine... but until we have official videos for these, I appreciate that he went through the trouble of putting these out there for us.

We should be offering positive encouragement to anyone that wants to contribute anything to HS and politely leading them towards aiming at higher standards should they want to do so.

That's all I'm saying. Boom.....

I think WE should try to treat people in a manner similar to how they treat people on this awesome french site i discovered (i think it was called hyper-free-spin or something like that). Polite rather than rude. Appreciative rather than bratty. Inclusive rather than exclusive. Encouraging rather than demeaning.....)

I think we can all do better...check it out....

It's no big deal but I didn't have to share them. Do you know the amount of work that goes into sharing a file? First I had to drag them to their own folder and that doesn't just happen by itself my friend. Next open Mediafire which requires me remembering a password AND typing it in for gods sakes. Next I had to click an upload button and WAIT WAIT WAIT for upwards of 30 seconds! Dont even get me started about recording the video to display my work on here with the tripod continuously falling over and setting up all the backlighting etc and getting the camera zoomed in just right on the little screen.... Wow it really runs me down. Then all the letter I have to type in the forum, copy and paste the link.......I am not sure how I can even get up the next morning.....next time I'll just leave em on my own system.....too much work........:)

I've offered Craig a lot of encouragement. Look at the many previous posts. I have thanked him for his efforts many times. This was no attack it was asking for the files to be finished off properly and officially uploaded so it can be added to HyperSync etc so everyone can enjoy it not just the few people that search for it on the forums. The attack seems to be at me for asking for a couple of official movies for everyone. I give up. Screw the lot of you. Go help the noobies your self.

I've offered Craig a lot of encouragement. Look at the many previous posts. I have thanked him for his efforts many times. This was no attack it was asking for the files to be finished off properly and officially uploaded so it can be added to HyperSync etc so everyone can enjoy it not just the few people that search for it on the forums. The attack seems to be at me for asking for a couple of official movies for everyone. I give up. Screw the lot of you. Go help the noobies your self.

I appreciate your encouragement and help and assistance.

This was no attack it was asking for the files to be finished off properly and officially uploaded so it can be added to HyperSync etc so everyone can enjoy it not just the few people that search for it on the forums.

Nothing wrong with that until you start calling his work "low quality" when quality wasn't really an issue. Stuff like that rubs people the wrong way and drives people off. All I'm asking is that you be a little more careful with your words.

Screw the lot of you.

Perfect example.

And craig, your responses aren't exactly helping the situation either.

Nothing wrong with that until you start calling his work "low quality" when quality wasn't really an issue. Stuff like that rubs people the wrong way and drives people off. All I'm asking is that you be a little more careful with your words.

Perfect example.

And craig, your responses aren't exactly helping the situation either.

He started it Dad!

• 4 weeks later...

not to dig up old wounds.....but how come this website prevents the words "*********spin" from even being typed????? is it illegal to say "*********spin" on this website? even in private messages it gets blocked....if that is not big brother nazi type stuff....i dont know what is?????

the word i am trying to type is "h.y.p.e.r.f.r.e.e.s.p.i.n."-----which is a GREAT website based in france...lots of good artwork and wheels and themes all free to share.. etc....

why cant we type that word on here??????

lets see how many variations get blocked.....

*********spin

hyper-free-spin

*********-spin

hyper-freespin

hyperfre-espin

hy-perfreespin

Archived