Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Game Hacks Collection

Jumpman311

Aorin made an incredible 'Hacked Games' collection for everyone. I actually requested something like this before users pointed me to his thread where it hadn't been released yet. At this point, I already made my own database of hacked games that I found in video snap packs I had downloaded from the emumovies ftp.

Fast forward to Aorin's release of his themes and videos, it was awesome. He made an amazing amount of videos, and included a well put together database. Although the graphics that were supplied were awesome, they weren't anything I was looking forward to. No offense to him, I thought they looked great - it was just that I was looking for something different. 

The past couple weeks I took all of his work and heavily modified everything to something I'm pretty happy with. So without much more background explanation, I wanted to give everyone my modification of his release: Game Hacks Collection! (Screens are attached)

Each wheel is in a frame (Don't ask if I can upload them without the frame, I can't and I won't). The top of the wheel will have the original game's logo. The bottom of the wheel will have text describing what the hack is. For example, if you look at the wheel in the screen shot below - Super Mario World is the base game and the mod/ hack is "Shy Guy's Adventure". Each wheel has different colors identifying what console they are coming from. I based the colors and backdrops on themes that I'm currently using. Because you may want to add your own games in, I've included templates in the download package so you can do that. (The font used is Franklin Gothic Medium.)

The database is based off of Aorin's original database, but I've added more than 100 titles from the database I started before his release - and added a few more that came to mind. I have made a few tweeks to Aorin's videos, but for the most part those videos will work with this database. I will be uploading my video collection (it's around 5+ gb) including the 100 I added from Emu Movies. Mod's, if you have a problem with this I won't post this video collection. 

As far as RLauncher settings go... I haven't even configured my setup yet. You're on your own with that!

Thank you Aorin for starting awesome work on your original assets and to everyone else who was involved with that project.  Thank you Wertredgreen for the awesome logo and background. Thank you Hyperspin and the Hyperspin Community for being so awesome all of the time. I hope people can use this!  

Downloads

screenmore.png

screen3.png

3 hours ago, ninja2bceen said:

Awesome, yes I like your wheels a lot. So this is a complete matching set to aorins database?

Pretty much! Aorin had a few videos that lined up with ones I found on emu movies that had better quality, so I changed the naming conventions on some of those videos. When I say some, I mean around ten or less, so it would be pretty easy to fix if you really wanted to use Aorin's videos instead. (I also found that the two videos for the Super Mario Brothers 2 Famicom Disk System hacks crashed my hyperspin so I just renamed those. Those are included if you want to try for yourself.)

In any case, I just combined his database with one I made so there's a good chunk of games added to this one. Also, instead of 'Manufacturer', I listed the console the game is from in the database.

5 hours ago, zerojay said:

Any chance you can upload the videos anywhere else other than Mega? Their bandwidth limitation makes that Videos package impossible to download.

have a look at this its a megadownloader, I've used it for a while one of the byproducts it bypasses the bandwidth limits set 

That's really nice what you've made, and it's a bonus that the Hacked Games setup helped other people too.

I wish we could have worked together back then, while this database has some nice hacks, there are tons I missed and will miss since they are released almost every day.

If anyone wants to add new stuff, feel free, this setup was meant to be complete for an easy installation, but was also just a kick start for something that could be a lot bigger filled with new stuff.

In the original thread, there's explanation on how to set up this system, there's a modified Retroarch module, settings, etc., basically plug and play if you put all files in their respective folders.

There are some people still resistant to Retroarch, this system is also an ice breaker since it's easier to use Retroarch in this multi-system setup.

You can freely copy the tutorial from the original post and put it in here for more people to get informed.

And now that I read you added more games, you'll also need to do that.

I'm attaching a screen-shot showing how Retroarch will handle the games.

In RLUI, click on Edit Global Module Settings, than on Rom Settings tab, there, you'll need to click on the + icon, add the game you added in your database, click on the browse icon, and finally select what core should be used to that game, for a Genesis/Mega Drive hack, choose Picodrive core, for Snes, Snes9x core, and so on, it's easier and faster to do than it seems, you won't need to setup a specific emulator for each game, just the core, and you're good to go.

Don't use the official Retroarch module, if you do, every time your RL is updated, and thus, the modules, your Retroarch will scream that "Hacked Games" is not a supported system, RocketLauncher guys don't see a point adding this system to the module, so just use the modified one, that I'm also attaching here, put it inside your \Rocket Launcher\Modules folder.

Screenshot (1555).jpg

Retroarch (Hacked Games).rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Glad to see that there was an effort at all to get something like this going however the database is just... in really really poor shape with inconsistencies and dupes all over the place. I might take a whack at cleaning it up and adding some more stuff to it.

10 hours ago, zerojay said:

Glad to see that there was an effort at all to get something like this going however the database is just... in really really poor shape with inconsistencies and dupes all over the place. I might take a whack at cleaning it up and adding some more stuff to it.

That would be nice @zerojay, if you have the time. Feel free to add, fix, arrange stuff in this setup, it was meant to be a kick-start for a system like this.

• 3 months later...

Great work!!! I have started editing the duplicates out of the .xml and will re upload once completed. Any chance of re uploading the

main menu theme please? I have tried downloading it a few times but it keeps showing up as corrupt.

I wouldn't bother, I already have something almost complete already that I'm very close to sharing here. Stripped out all the dupes and worthless graphic hacks and added a ton of stuff including stuff just released.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

On 5/23/2017 at 0:18 AM, zerojay said:

I wouldn't bother, I already have something almost complete already that I'm very close to sharing here. Stripped out all the dupes and worthless graphic hacks and added a ton of stuff including stuff just released.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Awesome to hear buddy. The task was allready starting to tweak my ocd and I was about to go back through it all today. Looking forward to seeing what you have come up with :)

Okay, so here's an unfinished version of the database as it stands currently. I haven't had a ton of time to work on it with E3 zooming up so fast so there are still some potential changes and additions but it might be best to get the eyes of the community on it now.

So I want to say the following without sounding like I'm trying to attack those who started this. Without your efforts, I wouldn't have bothered to start work on this, so please don't feel slighted by anything I'm about to say.

I took the original list created here in the OP and decided to do the following:

* Strip out all minor/useless/low effort graphics hacks, most made during the Nesticle era of emulation (Arctic Tennis, Afro Bros, etc...)

* Correct as many ROM hack names as possible, using the name on RHDN as my guide. Unfortunately, this means that the list isn't quite as easy to read when you have simply "New Controls" and not "Earthbound New Controls" but going this route means it's far easier to find the hacks this way. Super Mario World Central and Sonic Retro also were used for their respective series if specific hacks didn't exist on RHDN. (Accuracy of the names is very important because without accuracy, some of these hacks are nearly impossible to find. An example: "Leo" was actually Ieo, making it much easier to find.)

* Insert the ROM name and console in the manufacturer slot. Mainly using the "rom name to patch against" from RHDN when possible to make it easier for you to find, but also so that the more ambiguous names caused by the above change are a little easier to deal with as well. Also visible in HS. This will be less of a problem with proper wheels made in the same style as OP.

* Added a ton of newer hacks, updates to sport game rosters, multiplayer hacks of single player games and more. Almost 600 hacks total.

Current version: https://zerojay.com/nextcloud/index.php/s/yOT6XV5qZLksjPe

Let me know what you think.

@zerojay, I haven't checked your database yet, but I'd like to say that when I started this  system, I had to create all artwork along with the database by myself, so it's nice that someone is working on the database, adding, fixing and making it more accurate. It's definitely a system that needs a lot of sorting/filtering, since there are incredible mods/hacks, and mediocre ones.

When you're ready to call the database finished to just receive future updates/additions, we can all get together and start creating artwork for it.

Thanks for the work you're putting into it.

I'd definitely like to see the results of that endeavour. Anything that doesn't fall within the realm of the HS Official Systems list I still intend to track for the audit to be included as Collections. 

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived