Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Any Hyperspin Console Theme Without Video Snaps?

anticlockclock

So I loaded up an external HDD with all my artwork, roms, etc.... I don't have any video snaps for MAME yet but upon loading it to my main machine I realized my internal HDD is half the size of my external... So I am gonna have to delete some stuff to make space. Is there any hyperspin themes specific to the console that does not have a video preview or a way to insert a generic clip for all games similar to the main menu video snaps?

You can use PNG snaps or if you really wanted you could remove the video elements from your themes altoghether. If you're just getting into the hobby though you'll likely end up wanting more storage when all is said and done.

34 minutes ago, anticlockclock said:

I can use a PNG image though in place of the video snap screen????

Yes, EmuMovies offers game/title snaps that will work for that. Might have to copy/paste and rename one of your choice for the main menu video but as long as the file names are correct HS will load the still images in the place of the videos.

• 1 month later...

Currently having trouble with this.

I'm trying to creating a theme where there are no videos available, so want to use .pngs instead.

I created my theme and I put the .pngs in the themes video folder.

For whatever reason the .pngs do not show up! I just get the default Emumovies missing video!

Any ideas?

On 2017-4-24 at 10:13 PM, thatman84 said:

To have a generic video you still need a video for every game named the same as the game so that wouldn't help your space issue

I've not tried this and its pretty much the same as the "no video" snap. Can't you put a single generic video file for the whole system in the videos folder and name it "default"?

I went through all my video folders and sorted by size, so I can get all the emu movies "no video" videos together to easily select and delete and then used a screenshot .png for those. Then I have a generic "no video" video for games without any video or screenshot. The video I found on the ftp a while back, which has the colored vertical bars like from the TV emergency broadcast tests and says something like "no video". I can't remember who created it but I will try to find it if you'd like. It looks better than the red triangle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived