Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

FPLaunch MOD: Pause and Loading screens...

samwyze

Zen has announced an in-game setting for portrait mode soonish. I think it's best to wait, then we can drop this Display Changer/iRotate mess :)

Edit: Said option has been integrated a few days ago. I've updated the mod.

Edit2: Updated again to v1.2

Edited by Sir Cheddar

• 2 weeks later...

Well, BAM is able to run different executables, I don't know since which version though. Here's my modification to the fplaunch.ahk (1.295 wip 10) to make this happen :

At lines 562 & 564 I replaced the following :

"%emupath%\%executable%"

with :

%emupath%BAM\FPLoaderNew.exe /FPEXE:"%executable%"

After this, just specify which other than the default settings.ini exe you want to run in the settings/fpexetables.txt (tablename[enter]fpexe.exe[enter]...)

• 3 weeks later...
Well, BAM is able to run different executables, I don't know since which version though. Here's my modification to the fplaunch.ahk (1.295 wip 10) to make this happen :

At lines 562 & 564 I replaced the following :

"%emupath%\%executable%"

with :

%emupath%BAM\FPLoaderNew.exe /FPEXE:"%executable%"

After this, just specify which other than the default settings.ini exe you want to run in the settings/fpexetables.txt (tablename[enter]fpexe.exe[enter]...)

When using FPLaunch.exe the BAM Mod is working properly. But if starting Hyperpin and launching a FP-Table, the cam isnt working anymore. In BAM menu there is simply a black preview-window.

Edited by flynt

Can anyone provide some guidance as to the settings for the new virtuapin plunger/encoder. The encoder is set to joy8 for exit. I've had the keyboard working with no issues in VP/FP for the last month while waiting on the plunger kit. The only thing that I can't get working is exiting tables using the kit (keyboard 'e' works). I have tried replacing the exit settings in the settings.ini with Joy8, but hitting the exit button on the front of the cab brings up the hyperpin exit and the VP exit menu.

Any help would greatly be appreciated, as I'm so close to finishing the cab.

Z

• 1 month later...

Hi blur,

So I have started running PinballFX2 with LEDBlinky for lighting effects see here.

And I am thinking that I shall also use it for FP, however that is an issue with the LEDwiz enabled tables.

Now I know there are only a handfull at the moment, so they could have a subsection each in FPlaunch but how hard would it be to parse a list like fpexetables.txt?.

I may be the only one who is interested in doing this so do not expect it added into the mainstream build, just wondering about your thoughts on this?.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having trouble with viewing my instruction cards since upgrading to this wip10 which used to work fine in earlier versions. I get an error with the ActiveX n shock wave line in the script. I updated to the latest version adobe flash but still get the errors.

I also was getting an error when launching a table with the pwb.color movie but I ; them out n now table launch.

Can anyone help to fix these errors please?

Thx Joe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I worked out most of my FPLaunch WIP 10 issues today except for one. I can't get FP tables to Pause/Exit. I have FP configured to pause with the right mouse button and that is working. While playing an FP table in Hyperpin using FPLaunch my 'e' and 'p' keys do nothing, a right mouse button will pause the table and show high scores, and ESC is the only way I can exit the table back to the Hyperpin wheel. In VP the 'e' and 'p' keys are working fine. They bring up the exit menu with a short press and exit the table 3,2,1 with a long press.

Any ideas?

• 1 month later...

I would like a couple things fixed please ... Only using VP so first is the multiple instruction card error ... I found a post that says it doesn't work right now. And the annoying multiple flipper or clicking sound when exiting from VP table back to HP. I thought I read how to fix that or turn it off but now I can't find it. Sorry

I would love to see the focus issue fixed that still exists randomly when going back to HP from VP. It requires a mouse click to fix it but no mouse in my cab and the wife and kids need it to be as error free as possible. I don't feel that running a script that clicks the mouse during my game is a fix, sorry.

Thanks for your time and hard work

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Help, I've hit a snag!

I've been running WIP9 for ages as I use a slightly modded version that I compiled for myself that disables access to the Service Menu. It works perfectly well, however not with Direct B2S tables!

Every time I close a dB2S table in HyperPin it appears to "freeze", however it is simply due to the active backglass not being shut down. If I hold down my Pause/Quit button I get the 3,2,1... screens which THEN closes the backglass, sends focus back to HyperPin and allows proper functionality to resume.

But if I rename the table file so it has B2s at the end of it (eg ACDC-B2S.vpt) I end up with an error message when trying to run the table:

post-8697-142870613399_thumb.png

I'm pretty sure this is due to using an old version of FPLaunch which has the routine from Rosve for handling the older type of B2S tables.

So after all that, is there a way I can contiue to use my modded WIP9 FPlaunch file or do I need to bite the bullet and use WIP10? Am I supposed to name the tables XXXX-B2S.vpt and XXXX-B2S.directb2s for them to work correctly in HyperPin with WIP10?

I'm apprehensive about updating FPLaunch as this machine is running 285 tables without issue and it's at my sporting club with a lot of different people using it, so I don't want to get caught up with too many problems as a result of trying to add a few new tables!

Edited by OzStick

• 3 weeks later...

If i remember correctly my policy is this (i haven't been on forums for half a year so i might be forgeting something):

if i open b2s exe from fplaunch script i will close it, if table opens b2s exe from the table script - table script should close it - not the fplaunch.

how do you control this:

- if you want me to start and close b2s - give table and b2s exe same name that ends with b2s, and set launch b2s in table script to false

- if you want table to launch b2s exe set table name that doesn't end with b2s and set launch to true in table script and put closing of b2s somewhere in the script - i think there were many examples on how to close exe on table close on forums

Edited by blur

So about your problem Oz - directb2s is a bit different - you can run it in controller mode or exe mode, whichever mode you run it - table script should start and close db2s.

when you put table name that ends with b2s run is searching for exe with same name as table and you probably don't have it - you could probably put db2s to exe mode, set launch to false in script and run it and close it from fplaunch

• 5 months later...

I just got around to installing wip 10 having a bit of a problem

The tables load fine but on exit a box pops up:

FPLaunch.exe

You are missing ledcontrole file. Refer to the documentation text to fix this.

Not sure where I should go from here. Please help. :-) also, where is the documentation text? In the folder there is a hyperpin-help-file but it says nothing about ledcontrole.

A side note I have an ledcontrole file in my tables folder not sure if that's what it's talking about... sigh I wish it was all just plug and play.. lol

• 4 weeks later...

I downloaded and it is working nicely except that when I launch any table with a dB2S backglass setup i get this error message:

"File 'C:\Program Files\Visual Pinball\Tables\Notepad.directb2s not found. Please rename or download the matching directb2s backglass files"

the backglass loads fine outside of hyperpin and this just happened after updating to this FPlaunch

• 6 months later...
anybody was able to resolve the exit click sound being played 3 times instead of just once when you exit back to hyperpin

I never did solve it and I know why it happens ... the frontend is doing what it needs to trying grab focus.

What I did do was find the .wav file and change it to something less annoying, and low volume.

Shortly after this issue I abandoned the HP frontend all together in favor of one that is supported and updated regularly. That was over a year ago and I can say I am completely satisfied with the new frontend

I never did solve it and I know why it happens ... the frontend is doing what it needs to trying grab focus.

What I did do was find the .wav file and change it to something less annoying, and low volume.

Shortly after this issue I abandoned the HP frontend all together in favor of one that is supported and updated regularly. That was over a year ago and I can say I am completely satisfied with the new frontend

Which frontend?