Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Neogeo wheel gets stuck on specific games

Nostro

Hi im new at this forum my english is bad but i will try to explain as best I can

many days ago i install hyperspin in a old pc to turn it into a arcade machine everything works well

until i see the neogeo wheel (menu wheel) stops in 2 games and dont move until you go back and enter again, if you go down or up to that 2 games the wheel gets stuck again, i try to erase the game change the art modify the database game list and the problems still exist or is moved to another tittle the one who was down of the problematic game, it happens with the Real bout special and the kof99

if any one was having this problem before is any way to fix it?

PC: dell optiplex 360 4gb ram windows 7 pro 64bits

runing hyperspin 1.3.2

Are you using unique themes for each game? It's the only thing I can think of, off the top of my head giving you the problem. 

In your theme folder there should be a default.zip, it's the generic theme for the system. If you have zip files there named for kof 99 and rbs, try renaming them so Hyperspin will ignore them. 

If it resolves the issue you know there's something wrong with those themes. 

hi honosuseri thanks for respond, well i try to rename them like renaming rbs but the problem goes to the next bottom game in this case riding hero renaming riding hero makes the entire neo geo wheel turn into black screen and only alt + f4 can solve it

26 minutes ago, adamg said:

More often than not, when fixing setups I have found that this was a result of wheel art as cataclysm said.  Never seen a theme issue but I am sure it would result in the same.

Came across it on the android version of Hyperspin. If a zip contains swf files, you'll see what the OP is describing.

They're probably not using Android but there's a chance some of the zip files could have been corrupted. Hopefully there's enough info provided now to resolve the issue 

Had the same issue awhile back, turned out to be what I can only assume was corrupted wheel art. It could be viewed in windows without issue but always froze hyperspin when I tried to scroll past it. I deleted it and replaced it with artwork from a backup and it worked fine after

I know it was the wheelart because it was my gba wheel which only has the default theme. I played around with it and did some tests to figure out why it always froze on the same game, even made a copy of the game before it n swapped it for the wheel that was freezing n then it worked fine, that's how I came to the conclusion that it was the wheel image itself that was corrupted somehow. I'm not sure if it's the same issue, but try the same switching out artwork 1 piece at a time to see if one of them is causing the issue

• 9 months later...

sorry for my bad english, i solved it, the problem was in the wheel images, I found a corrupt PNG of metal slug and replaced it, I also edited the logos of the games that gave me trouble. now the wheel runs excellent

Archived