Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

The State of Hyperspin

Jdubbs

Let me first say that is in no way complaining about all the hard work that has been put in to this site.  I'm just curious what has happened lately?  I took a few years off for personal reasons and it seems things have gone backwards.  Private messaging doesn't work, thread attachments don't work and who knows what other issues there are.  Again I'm not trying to come off as ungrateful or anything of that sort just wondering what happened?  Are things changing in the background? Did we lose a couple of the top people?  I mean I'm in a much better place now and would gladly help out in any way I can.  I'm not ready to jump ship to GameEx, Launchbox, Etc. in my opinion HS is the top front end for many reasons.  Just wanted to know the status is all.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edit: It seems PM is working now so thats awesome.  Really I think attachments not working is my biggest problem.  I recently lost my whole setup minus games and its really hard to put it all together without correct databases to work with. 

Yes it's frustrating, you've just come back at a bad time. The Hyper list section is way out of date. We do rely on grabbing the newest database files from official threads.

I'm sorry you lost your setup. I hope once you're up and going again that you do make a backup. Lessons hard learned, are well learned.

You've been away and come back. It'll be much the same for others, we do stuff in our free time. Maybe someone can upload all their database files to mega/Google drive etc. To help you out short term. 

(P. S I have a broken leg too, so getting on my PC is awkward to say the least. Usually I'd be happy to help further) 

Sorry to hear about your broken leg and Cisco's hope you both have a speedy recovery.  So I guess the question now is does anyone have pretty much all up to date databases that they would be willing to share?

18 hours ago, Jdubbs said:

Sorry to hear about your broken leg and Cisco's hope you both have a speedy recovery.  So I guess the question now is does anyone have pretty much all up to date databases that they would be willing to share?

You might be lucky enough to find someone who just updated their stuff, but it's so higgeldy piggeldy around here especially with database stuff.

Your best bet might be to check each thread of the xml section of the forum to find the most recent stuff. I personally made some big fixes to genre data for snes and genesis/megadrive not long ago so make sure to grab those versions. 

As far as Mame goes :

I tried that but it seems thread attachments is down right now so you can't download them.  I have found a little luck with the downloads > hyper media section going system by system.  For the ones I can't find I'm using a third party app that just makes an xml based on my games.  The extra info is nice and I figure eventually I'll get it all but for now that serves the purpose.

Archived