Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Site Updates (September 2019)

Circo

Just performed a ton of updates on the site

Updated Theme

Updated Site Software Suite (Fixes tons of errors and improves security)

Updated Tapatalk

Many existing issues should be fixed.  Sorry about the wait I have been laid up for months.

Enjoy!

40 minutes ago, Circo said:

@diskmach IMGUR WORKS!

Thanks for looking into it. Can't see that it works here, though, maybe some problem still with older posts?

If I find a random old post I did:

Images are not showing up. If I copy the image address and remove the Hyperspin part the image is showing though?

Edit: Yours is a direct link. So would it be possible to batch fix old links?

23 minutes ago, diskmach said:

Thanks for looking into it. Can't see that it works here, though, maybe some problem still with older posts?

If I find a random old post I did:

Images are not showing up. If I copy the image address and remove the Hyperspin part the image is showing though?

Edit: Yours is a direct link. So would it be possible to batch fix old links?

Older posts do not fix themselves unfortunately.  Thumbnails are created at posting.  But it should be fixed going forward.  Nice side effect though is that I switched image handling from GD which is utterly basic to ImageMagick which is much faster and reliable and supports anything you throw at it quickly.  Including animated gifs.

I did try clearing the cache and some other tricks but the links are even missing.  There isn't much left to fix.

At least you finished that set right?  I do remember that much ?

9 hours ago, Circo said:

At least you finished that set right?  I do remember that much ?

Yeah, it's more about "preservation of Hyperspin forums history". ?

And that I don't look like a slacker, all those links gone, or that I wouldn't keep the Imgur links up. ?

Don't think I will be fixing 2000 links manually, though....

8 minutes ago, diskmach said:

Yeah, it's more about "preservation of Hyperspin forums history". ?

And that I don't look like a slacker, all those links gone, or that I wouldn't keep the Imgur links up. ?

Don't think I will be fixing 2000 links manually, though....

Agreed it is a shame, no way I can see to fix it though, sorry ?

42 minutes ago, Circo said:

@diskmach I may have figured out a way to rebuild every remote image on the site.  Going to take some doing but I just may be able to fix most of those broken images.  Calling it a day for now but I will tackle that tomorrow.

Cool. Thanks for your effort.

On 9/14/2019 at 12:58 AM, diskmach said:

Cool. Thanks for your effort.

Well unfortunately I was only half successful. Many many images are back but not everything.  I thought I had it when I sent you the message yesterday, I am sorry.  Good news is something like 25,000 posts were repaired.  I would try again but the two days downtime for the rebuild is just a bit much to try back to back.

5 hours ago, Circo said:

Well unfortunately I was only half successful. Many many images are back but not everything.  I thought I had it when I sent you the message yesterday, I am sorry.  Good news is something like 25,000 posts were repaired.  I would try again but the two days downtime for the rebuild is just a bit much to try back to back.

Thanks for trying anyway. My 3DS logos for example are still not showing, so I guess they weren't among the lucky 25,000...?

Archived