Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

2 hours of your time?

seph

There's probably only a handful of people on here who could set that up in 2 hours - that might even be pushing it on both fronts.

Some people struggle to achieve what you want in 2 months - some even 2 years.

Think you might be quicker actually reading through the very simple and easy to follow guides littered throughout the forum, and then head over to XBMC forums and ask how to launch an external program from within XBMC - another quite simple and basic task, for which there are a few good guides...

And for Christmas, I would like a Lamborghini and a kiss from Pamela Anderson.... she may be old now, but its principle :)

But in all seriousness, I will do this for 5 gold doubloons and a packet of pickled onion Space Raiders. But if however you do get Pamela... I will throw in a full Wii set too!!

I doubt there's anyone on the entire planet who could do it in 2 hours or even a day. The rewards comes from the diy aspect, one day you can step back and admire what you've created.

I'd prefer pickled onion Monster Munch. ;)

Thank you for the information...I thought this was a bit easier for the ones that had experience setting those systems up.

I guess my offer still stands, but for anyone whom could and is willing to dedicate a whole day on this. The pricing is not the issue, I just feel uncomfortable asking anyone for a whole day of their time. If this takes you months, I doubt the person knew what they were doing-not trying to be offensive at all...since I don't know how to do this as well.

I am sorry but for me to charge for something that is free would go against all I believe in. I understand your frustration in the setup of Hyperspin but to be honest it really is not that daunting at all.

I would say use that money and put it into the Hyperspin Membership. Get yourself a Platinum membership. Then goto Emu movies and get a months membership. Download all the files from the site and watch some of the guides for setting up systems. The ones you want to run are not hard at all and if you had a free day you could have them working.

With you Emu Movies and Hyperspin membership you can then automatically download all the artwork and vids for the systems without any problems at all. If you do then get stuck I have no problems helping you out along the way if you need it. But with people like Giga and the team here they have made dummy proof tuts to help you get setup in no time.

The hardest thing with Hyperspin is finding the Roms in the right name and format... everything else is a synch.... most of the time ;)

Im not fobbing you off, Im just trying to keep it all in the community

I would still require 1 gold debloon for this answer though!

But yeah... we have Meenies! They used to be 5p but with the inflation they was at 10p last I seen a few years back. they are prob more expensive than Jack Sparrows debloons now!! :D

Im three months in, while on a holiday i still think about thinkering with my setup a couple of times a day. Spend your money and time on diskdrives and memberships. You'll even get to know other great enthousiasts and that..thats worth more then money (except that pamela anderson part)

youre gonna be pissed when your cab crashes in a month and YOU dont know how to fix it. Plus you'll look like a total ass if this happens in front of your friends. Just lurk around here, learn what you can, befriend senior members and ask questions. You'll be happier with a finished product you understand wholly

Yep I'm more than happy to help answer any question here on the forum. That's gives me chance to think and answer in the limited time I have, even though I'm always checking my phone for new posts etc.

Just have a go like austin etc suggests, grab the software update it via GIT (link to follow) and follow the written or video guides for RocketLauncher.

Be careful some of the video guides out there are out of date and may confuse things.

www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?27528-HyperLaunch-GIT

Would you guys say I need the platinum membership to even get mame working?

I got all the way to the step of auditing the games, and they seem to work...only I can't press any buttons to see anything besides loading screens, following this video hXXps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkrcf4W1LFU step by step. All I can tell is that the roms do work for mame so far.

In hyperspin as soon as I pick Mame it crashes hyperspin, no mame loading up.

Windows 8.1 64 bit

Mame 0.153 64 bit ver

Audit msg = Found 8186 of 8944 Games.

I would get the membership otherwise its hard work getting it to look good.

Have you updated your modules as per the Git download? Its prob as something as simple as that.

If you do get a game to load... Press TAB to edit the controls etc. Mame is an easy one to configure once you have it running

I would get the membership otherwise its hard work getting it to look good.

Have you updated your modules as per the Git download? Its prob as something as simple as that.

If you do get a game to load... Press TAB to edit the controls etc. Mame is an easy one to configure once you have it running

I just right clicked on my hyperlaunch-3 folder, right clicked "Tortoiseget>Pull", copied "modules" folder from "hyperlaunch-3" folder to the folder containing my "hyperlaunch" folder. If this is the procedure you are talking about... then yes I've done this already, repeated the step and still same symptom with MAME.

In hyperspin as soon as I pick Mame it crashes hyperspin, no mame loading up.

That may be a HyperHQ issue, if you've not added something correctly. Here's a screen shot of mine with areas of interest marked.

post-9524-142870635397_thumb.jpg

And here, perhaps start off with no check boxes checked, these filter the wheel, so if you have Roms Only checked and you haven't put the path to your Roms in (see above screen) then Hyperspin will fail.

Remember HyperHQ is the GUI for Hyperspin and Hyperlaunch HQ is the GUI for Hyperlaunch.

post-9524-142870635402_thumb.jpg

You see now you got MAME working you know how the interface works. With Sega Based games, once you get one working you can set the rest up with the same module. The only one that does not off the top of my head is Saturn. Fusion is the way to go with that Emulation.

Nintendo is the same also, apart from SNES, with that use Snes9 or if your feeling confident go for MESS. If you get MESS running, then you get around 200 other systems running hehehe.

Costs of the memberships for videos and FTP access is about $60. Getting all the configurations and emulators is 8 hours min to setup and test. So to have a working system it's an on site job due to the controller setup being pretty cumbersome. Not to mention all the gotchas for file naming and placement. It's pretty frustrating work but doable. You might look into retroarch or other prebuilt front ends that are less pretty and customizable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well today, learned how to launch hyperspin from xbmc, and I have mame games loading. Tiny problem is, hyperspin is on my monitor screen and xbmc is on my my tv-where hyperspin was suppose to load as well lol... but yeah baby steps.

Guide I used: http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3

Note, make sure not to use a network source for trying to run an hyperspin.exe, won't work... even if you try for days. Add the hdd as a source if it isn't showing.

I run hyperspin from my network drive =) Everything is on the network. See last post here.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?33555-Hyperlaunch-on-network-share-and-7z-support-question

This is only temporary though, but it works.

Wish I had you around a few days ago :)

On my setup, it's a network share, and just doesn't work.

Adding the drive as a source did the trick though.

Archived