My Hyperspin Arcade DONE!!!!!! :)

jayman4911

Hello all!

First time posting!

Done with her! :)

I went way different on the cab dept! lol

What do you all think? Change anything? Go easy its my first attempt at a arcade build! lol

Used this network server rack as a base!

post-96125-142870635441_thumb.jpg

11_zps476034e0.jpg

Video Link

Thanks

Jason

FL

I'll second that! Love the pedestal look. So clean and colorful. Love the artwork tower. Very nice work. My mame cabinet has the same x-arcade controller except without the trackball.. (a decision I have regretted)... but my next project will be built around a Centipede Cabinet so the trackball will be a must. Looks great (and sounds great in the vid!) Kudos

Nicely done! I am pretty sure you shouldn’t invite people with epilepsy over with those lights. I like the suggestion to add casters. I did this to my setup. I would recommend adding a custom back to help hide the wires. Possibly some sheet metal with more art?

I love your thinking outside the box and doing something unique, beautiful, and functional. My only concern is ergonomics. I don't think I would enjoy standing up like that and looking straight at a screen. I think staring downward like how a regular arcade cab is set up would feel more natural. But I could be wrong. I am building something similar in that it's a standalone "pedestal" control panel on rollers that will go up against a wall mounted TV, but I plan to mount the TV lower so it's almost touching the top of the panel.

So I'm curious how you think it feels to play on since that will impact my TV height mounting choice.

Cryofax, just make something like the golden tee pedestals. their TV mounts are on pipes so there can be adjustments.

Yeah or you an use a clamp monitor mount that has a lot of tilt/rotation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what a great use of that network stand. I never usually like the xarcade control panels bolted onto conventional machines but the way you have done it really works... I guess I would be tempted to see what custom artwork on the conrol panel would look like as your artwork on the back upright looks awesome.. Well done dude.

The people at my office have been whining about having a cab at the office.

Be very very careful about this sort of thing. Make sure you let the office know they will be held liable if ever something happens.

Archived