Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Where do you buy 12 volt siemens contactors in the US?

pinballlooking

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had found these a little while back, but I ended up purchasing some extra Siemens contactors off H4ck3r instead.

I have no idea how they sound, but they seem comparable.

Back when I originally found them they were only $30. :(

Alternatively, there are the cheaper solenoids from allelectronics.com that Mameman uses in his cabinet. Just be aware that you'll need to use a relay as the draw is too much to run directly from the ledwiz.

Easiest solution is to find some 24v contactors on ebay and use a 24v power supply to run them. 24v is pretty standard for industrial use (elevator motors, hvac, industrial equipment).

yup you can pic you slightly used 24v ones for around $18 a pop.

Pretty much anything styled after the siemens ones are fast trigger, anything that has a nut and washer for cable connections is going to have a slower coil.

How long it was used for is going to make a difference as well, as the coils can harden from the heat over time, increasing the resistance and making the relay go "soft".

This would be a great help. I am thinking about 6 of the 24v solenoids from allelectronics.com.

But I want to use something different for the flippers. Maybe starter solenoid or these if they work good.

I don’t want feedback in attract mode but I don’t want lag.

Can this be done?

With any luck, I'll be able to tell you how well they work tomorrow. I have to finish wiring the cab first, though. ;)

This would be a great help. I am thinking about 6 of the 24v solenoids from allelectronics.com.

But I want to use something different for the flippers. Maybe starter solenoid or these if they work good.

I don’t want feedback in attract mode but I don’t want lag.

Can this be done?

optocouplers on the flipper buttons to the contactors and a relay on the output of the ledwiz to hold the circuit open while in hyperpin. That would do it.

optocouplers on the flipper buttons to the contactors and a relay on the output of the ledwiz to hold the circuit open while in hyperpin. That would do it.

Yes I have been eying up this optocoupler

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7572&page=15

But I am not clear how I would set up ledwiz to hold the circuit open while in hyperpin.

I finally got my LEDwiz set up, and I can say the GE contactors work to my satisfaction. There's a gratifying "thunk" and a reasonable amount of force feedback transmitted through the cab.

Do you have any others you can compare them to? Are you able to run them straight from the LedWiz?

Are the fast acting?

Thanks for the letting me know how they work!

Do you have any others you can compare them to? Are you able to run them straight from the LedWiz?

Are the fast acting?

Thanks for the letting me know how they work!

I don't have a point of comparison, but I see no reason to look for another solution.

I'm using the LEDwiz to trigger them, using 12v from my PC's power supply. All my lit buttons are also 12v, so the ledwiz wiring was just a matter of hooking 12v from the PC to the bank select terminals and to all the devices and connecting the molex connector's ground pin to the GND terminal. I also wired diodes across the terminals of the contactors as instructed by the guide. They trigger essentially instantly, so the force feedback is pretty effective.

Thanks to PixelMagic's tool, it was dead simple to generate the ledwiz ini file.

Yes I have been eying up this optocoupler

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7572&page=15

But I am not clear how I would set up ledwiz to hold the circuit open while in hyperpin.

This is Wolf's schematic for his optocoupler circuit on his website.

post-19625-14287057345_thumb.jpg

insert a relay into the line triggering the contactor and use the normally closed line. Trigger the relay you inserted with an output from the led wiz that isn't used for anything else. Assign that output to Exit_out in the hpledcontrol.ini (stays on during attract mode) and you will be breaking the circuit to the contactor during attract mode but leaving it closed during gameplay.

This is Wolf's schematic for his optocoupler circuit on his website.

[ATTACH]9093[/ATTACH]

insert a relay into the line triggering the contactor and use the normally closed line. Trigger the relay you inserted with an output from the led wiz that isn't used for anything else. Assign that output to Exit_out in the hpledcontrol.ini (stays on during attract mode) and you will be breaking the circuit to the contactor during attract mode but leaving it closed during gameplay.

Thank you for your help on this! This is exactly how I want it to work.

Archived