Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Where do you buy 12 volt siemens contactors in the US?

pinballlooking

NO and NC don't matter much, since you're not actually using the contactor to switch anything - it's just there to make noise, so which way it switches doesn't make much difference, so long as it makes noise when it's energized (which it will).

Since these are 24 volt, you'll need a 24 volt power supply on top of whatever other power supplies you need for your other devices, which is no big deal - but it's an extra expense.

In terms of how much "thump" you'll get out of these models, it's hard to say. I'm sure you'll get something, but will they sound the same as the other ones? That's a very solid "maybe". :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used the 24v siemens contactors in my builds and they make a small thump, and sound similar to the ones Chris used at 12v. No noticable delay.I didn't a/b compare them. I used a cheap 24v power supply from ebay (something like $30).

I couldn't find the 12v ones either, but found some 24v siemens contactors on ebay. I am in PA in the USA.

• 3 months later...
I'm finding plenty of the 3rt1016-bb41 contactors, which are 24v dc no. wolf and Maschine seem to sell the ba42 which is 12v dc nc. Does it matter whether it's no or nc? Should the ones I found work? Thanks.

it depends on how you plan on using it.

The 24v drives the switch. In the case of a nc, when you provide the coil with 24v, the switch will simply toggle (opening). If you just want the action of the coil (the force feedback) then nc or no should be just fine.

If however you are hooking your ipac up to that switch so that when the contactor activates you want it to send a signal to your ipac then I'm not sure this will work for you. It's been a while so I can't remember if ipac can be programmed for nc switches. If it's anything like a reg keyboard encoder and you plan on a setup like this, you will need a no contactor.

**update - i gotta refresh before posting :P

Hello,

Hope somebody can make sure of this info. I just purchased a 9 unit lot of 3RH1140-1BB40 relays from this guy on eBay for $125. He had them listed at $304 with a "Make Offer". I thought- what the heck and offered him about 43% of asking price and he took it. $13.88 each +$2 each shipping=$15.88 each. From reading, it sounds like a good deal. Unfortunately, he does not have another 9 lot up, but he does have a 20 lot (maybe 2) for $604. Link below. If he is consistent, doing the math, he should take ~$277 for 20 units. His shipping is almost 50% less per unit in the large lots. Maybe two people can split the order.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Siemens-Serius-3R-Relay-3RH1140-1BB40-Lot-of-20-Working-/170523040259?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27b3f71a03#ht_2081wt_1396

post-38638-14287057527_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

I am new to the visual pinball world. I have going over the Pinball Electrical 101 posted on a different forum - http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?12459-Pinball-Electrical-101

I found a couple 24v contactors on eBay and was wondering if anyone has used these and if they are the correct ones.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allen-Bradley-Contactor-100-C09D-10-100-C09D10-24vdc-Coil-/130967410765?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e7e44184d

Thanks in advance.

P.S. i am aware this is an older thread.

Archived