The Downloads section is back and better than ever! If you spot something out of place, let us know.

My 1st Hyperspin Cab

Minivipr

I finally decided to build me a cab after many years of gathering equipment. I work for an amusement company so I had the option to take some old cabinets but they just didn't fit in with what I had in mind. So I got out the CorelDraw and started playing around with different ideas. I wanted to have something maybe a little more modern looking, be able to hide away the keyboard, and I really wanted to be able to rotate the monitor. Graphics I wanted to base them off Galaga since that is the game that got me to really start the project after a little vacation with my family. Well this is what I came up with...

post-51077-142870655929_thumb.jpg

post-51077-142870655905_thumb.jpg

post-51077-142870655908_thumb.jpg

It's a manual turn. The rotation stops at the vertical and horizontal positions so it's not a big deal. Turns real easy too. I disassembled an old computer monitor mount that was capable of rotation and used the mech from that. Screen works great for things like 1942 and such. Also works really well for the Nintendo Play choice games.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Honestly, really, wow... Did you even compare that lunky piece of crap to what I did? Did you look at the pictures before you went off and searched ebay for that? Sorry buddy... this is all me. If you want that cabinet and it trips your trigger... I made my cabinet. From the design to the construction and it looks nothing like that link. Thanks though for looking.post-51077-142870676085_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have not sold one but I watch craigslist and the prices vary. New machines are around $1,200-1,400 and used machines $400 (junky ones) to $1,200+. Generally the available machines are sit down consoles or remade arcade machines - not like yours. Unfortunately, you probably would not get back what you put into it. Maybe someone here is interested?

Just my two cents but I really haven't sold a bunch of arcades only on my fifth one!!  I usually do it for just a little over cost for friends and family!! To me its more fun to make them and sometimes people want to add different things I've never done so if they want to pay for the extras it's a bonus for me because I get to try new things on somebody elses dime!!! If its just a few extra bucks you need I would at least sell them for 3 or 4 hundred dollars above what I have into them which is well worth the time and effort not to mention what someone would end up paying for the shipping as well!!

It's not that tall. It's in a basement so the ceiling is a bit lower than normal. Can't remember exactly how high but I would guess in the 66" range. 

And I don't think that I want to get into the shipping of cabinets either. Local pickup only! Lol. But I did enjoy building the cabinet and had ideas of things I would change or add. 

Archived