Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

updating MAME stupid question

craiganderson

Hello,

I need to update my MAME roms/emulator.

Stupid Question: Do I need to download each sequential update of Roms since my Version or just the most recent (ie each new update includes the previous)?

thanks

craig

I would check the size of the download. Usually an update is just for that version.

The update for .158 is for moving from .157 to .158 and the roms should be around 16mb. The chd's should be around 770mb.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ron

If it's been a while your better off pointing the whole new set to your old set and have your torrent client verify then only download what's missing or different. If you're unsure I did a video about how to do it.

You should then check the Roms against the correct dat using Clrmamepro. I know I should but I don't usually bother with that step.

If you point the new torrent at your existing files it will download whatever has been added/moved/renamed. You can then use Torrentcheck to delete any junk left over from the previous version.

But really, learning how to update properly shouldn't be hard. There are step by step guides for clrmamepro that you can follow without needing to be an expert in all its advanced features. Failing that, using Romvault is a walk in the park - just watch the instruction video and you'll see!

http://www.romvault.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If a game gets the name updated from one version to the next one (i.e. romname.zip > romname1.zip), when downloading the update pack, you will get the entire game under romname1.zip, or how can the user know which game gets the name changed?  Or maybe I am getting all this wrong, and parent roms never have their set name changed (so if a new dump is created it takes the original set name, and the previous one gets renamed)?

I tried CLRMame but it moved all my zips and made new 7Z files - I gave up with it as I thought I had configured it wrong

With the MAME Roms, I download the latest big pack  - 0161 in the last case and then update each update pack in the order of release up to 0171

I can point you to the files if you need them :)

Archived