Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Your preferred wireless controller

Vithe

i don't really mind using wired controllers,...even with bluetooth ps3 controllers, we only really sat down ya know,...in front of the t.v. lol. So it really didn't matter that much to be wireless or not. I mean it's nice to not have to worry about people stepping or tripping on the wires,...oh how many times we unplugged NES controller because of that lol. But ultimately wires aren't too much of a hassle.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All. This is a topic I've been researching, so I'd love to hear about everyone's experience with various bluetooth controllers.

I picked up 2x Mad Catz C.T.R.L.R's and i've had a mixed experience. I am getting really nasty input lag on one of the controllers when they are both being used competitively (Mario Kart 64 for example.)

My goal was to have 4 of these controllers via bluetooth on my Intel NUC with no extra cables or dongles. Has anyone else experienced input lag with bluetooth controllers?

You obv don't own the ps4 then I can play a game with bluetooth controllers in the other end of the house lol
Yeah sorry, I dont one anything console wise that doesn't predate 1992 and back :vollkommenauf:

The PS3's Dual Shock 3 is the same. I can control through 4 walls over a distance of 7m EDIT: just measured it; it's 6m. Not that useful since I can't see what I'm controlling but it works. ;)

Does anyone have any experience with the wii U pro controllers on hyperspin?

Get this adapter and it'll work just like a 360 controller if you have the switch on xinput mode. There are drivers to get the Pro Controller working on standard bluetooth adapters, but apparently they aren't very good. I've been using that Mayflash adapter plus a Pro Controller for almost a year with emulated games and native PC games and it's one of the best all around controllers I've ever used :)

Get this adapter and it'll work just like a 360 controller if you have the switch on xinput mode. There are drivers to get the Pro Controller working on standard bluetooth adapters, but apparently they aren't very good. I've been using that Mayflash adapter plus a Pro Controller for almost a year with emulated games and native PC games and it's one of the best all around controllers I've ever used :)

That's awesome, does it really work on any kind of emulator?

So if you get the mayflash you don't need that other adapter do you?

Really curious to know if you guys have DeviceID issues (Windows enumeration) if a device runs out of battery or when the system is rebooted?

I'm about to give up on 4 wired (2 Logitech and 2 Retrolink N64) because if they are un/plugged in at random times, the device ID changes.

How about if you have 2 360 controllers plugged in at the same time. How does the system differentiate the two? Is one of the issues I have currently.

That's awesome, does it really work on any kind of emulator?

So if you get the mayflash you don't need that other adapter do you?

I haven't found anything that it doesn't work with. Even if you were using an old emulator that doesn't work with xinput, you can switch the adapter into dinput mode to get it to work. The Mayflash adapter is the only one you need. Though, it only supports one controller in xinput mode. You have to switch to dinput to be able to connect up to four pro controllers at once. I like using it in xinput mode for convenience (especially with newer games on Steam that only work with xinput), so that is slightly annoying for multiplayer.

I used to use a PS2 to USB connector, which is dinput and worked with Dolphin, MAME, and every other emu I used. If you're not planning on playing modern PC games that only support xinput you should be able to keep it in dinput mode all the time for multiplayer support. You can actually use x360ce to get xinput support working while the adapter is in dinput mode and get xinput only games working with multiple controllers. It's just a bit more complicated :o

I'm thinking about getting myself 2 Xbox 360 wireless controllers for windows for my lounge desktop setup. Are they plug and play? I've read you require some kind of connector for them? Which one do I need for this and how does it interact? Bluetooth or via WIFI?

Before my dualshock 4 setup I used 360 controllers. All you need is one xbox 360 controller for windows, which has the controller and the dongle packaged together. This saves money if you buy them packaged together rather than separately. As for the second controller, just grab one off the shelf as it doesn't matter. I stole my sons silver one for a while.

Afaik they go through the dongle only, not sure about bluetooth or wifi. The dongle's got a decent cable.

I swtiched over to the dualshocks because I prefer Playstation controllers. I like the analogs sitting next to each other mainly and with the dualshock 4 I also get the touchpad. It connects bluetooth which I already had built in and I'll never have to hit that little button on the dongle again.

Two controllers and a charging station is all I need. I turn them on to play and dock them to charge without using any ports on my pc. No batteries!!! Ever.

Archived