Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Your preferred wireless controller

Vithe

Buy the PS3 Tekken 6 Arcade Stick from ebay for cheap. It uses a USB wireless receiver, and has nice reviews. Only problem I see about it, is I don't think you can use two of them side by side for 2 player action, but I might be wrong.

Here is a video review of it:

Personlly I use the MK TE Arcade stick (it is wired, not wireless) for PS3 for use on my PC and use it with hyperspin. It fits nicely on your lap and looks great!

Here is a video review of it:

I bought mine on ebay for $66 which included shipping cost, so I got a great deal IMO.

Let us know what you buy. I want to point out, that you must get the PS3 version for use on the PC. The 360 stick will not work on the PC.

KL

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up the Rocketfish Bluetooth adapter from Best Buy yesterday and it's working like a charm now. Have 2 PS3 controllers working perfectly. I should have just done that from the beginning!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to bump this as I was browsing New Egg today and found this. It's pricey but I think it's worth it to not have to juggle 3 different peripheral's when operating your htpc.

http://www.funkykit.com/about-us/4830-review-cideko-air-keyboard-conqueror.html

This trumps the chatpad and it's buggy driver for windows. It comes in black too. I've found nothing but good reveiws online, except for 1 person who bashed it on New Egg but there always has to be that 1 person.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the conquerer, and gave it a quick 10 minute test playing a few pc games. The "3d mouse" is weird, and it doesn't really detect small movements which is annoying when you are trying to zero in ever so slightly on a button somewhere. It hits a dead spot when you stop and try to start again slowly, you kind of have to yank it. Other than that, it is really killer to have the keyboard right underneath, and it doesn't feel bad at all ergonomically. I might post a little review once I get some more experience using it.

Just got the conquerer, and gave it a quick 10 minute test playing a few pc games. The "3d mouse" is weird, and it doesn't really detect small movements which is annoying when you are trying to zero in ever so slightly on a button somewhere. It hits a dead spot when you stop and try to start again slowly, you kind of have to yank it. Other than that, it is really killer to have the keyboard right underneath, and it doesn't feel bad at all ergonomically. I might post a little review once I get some more experience using it.

How's the dpad? I really wanted to get this controller but the guys here swaggered me away from it. I might switch over to DS3 wrapper for rf ps3 controllers. The dpads are much better for older games.

The dpad is alright. It is a bit stiff, so I can see how the softer dpads of the ps3 or original NES controller might be preferable for some people. I played a little super mario and it was pretty good for me. I actually mapped most of my systems to the analog stick, which I have become accustomed to in general for gaming; since the playstation systems have gotten me so used to it for so many years. So in conclusion I guess I'd say you can never beat original style dpads if that is really seriously what you need to feel. But it is so cool to not have to map stuff for the keyboard; to have it natively accessible right there on the controller. And the analog sticks are pretty good too. I got a deal on ebay, so if you come across it for relatively cheap, I'd totally give it a shot.

• 2 months later...

After a while of using the cideko conquerer air mouse controller there has developed one major incredibly annoying flaw. The rf signal randomly cuts out for about 10 seconds whenever the hell it feels like it. Usually in the middle of a portion of the game where in doing so, it will be the end of you. This has made me go back to the trusty xbox360 wired controllers I have, which obviously never cut out. It's a shame, because otherwise that would have been THE controller to end controllers, simply because it has a full keyboard and it was easy to use the keyboard to access every command for all the emulators right there on your controller. I wonder if some electronics genius could hack the sender to broadcast a bluetooth signal? and then it could be used with a normal bt dongle?...that's the only way I would keep using it.

Yea controllers used for gaming cannot have any forgiveness. They need to work 100% of the time and basically never fail. I think it's hard for some of these developers to get right. I'm trying to test a few scenarios regarding input lag and ds3 drivers vs real 360 controllers vs wired. I still have not found the perfect setup yet.

Yup, you really can't have stuff cutting out,...and/or buttons not registering. It's detrimental to your gaming health haha. I really wish there was an electronics whiz who could hack this cideko to make it into a bluetooth that doesn't cut out. That's the only thing keeping this thing down. If I had money i'd make a damn company and hire people to do the onboard keyboard controller right.

Yup, you really can't have stuff cutting out,...and/or buttons not registering. It's detrimental to your gaming health haha. I really wish there was an electronics whiz who could hack this cideko to make it into a bluetooth that doesn't cut out. That's the only thing keeping this thing down. If I had money i'd make a damn company and hire people to do the onboard keyboard controller right.

That's bullshit man that it cuts out. I've heard other consumers state that too that it cuts out for 2 seconds then reactivates.

These companies have no problem taking your money especially for that controller it is more expensive than a 360 controller and it doesn't even work right.

After much dealing with wireless kits including Bluetooth modules, RF and a few wireless network adapters the only devices I've found that are even close to reliable have been running on the 5.8 ghz band. Everything else can be interfered with. We use video feeds between remote control aircraft that run on this. Unfortunately gaming devices generally don't use this band as it is not as common and tends to have a larger current draw than most so to stop everyone bitching about battery drain they go for the old school Bluetooth or RF. Sad but true.

And this stuff is fun and very geeky and very bloody expensive.

http://www.fatshark.com

http://www.mikrokopter.us

Wish this sort of technology got used in our gaming stuff. :)

• 9 months later...
Yeah it is a bummer, luckily mine was cheap on ebay,...so at least there's that. It is the perfect template though.

Does anyone know of compatible dongles for wireless ps3 controllers that can be used with xpadder within hyperspin? I read all sorts on key2joy but nothing on xpadder. Any suggestions that are compatie with passer would be amazing. Thanks

Does anyone know of compatible dongles for wireless ps3 controllers that can be used with xpadder within hyperspin? I read all sorts on key2joy but nothing on xpadder. Any suggestions that are compatie with passer would be amazing. Thanks

Pretty much any BT3.0 dongle will work with ScarletCrush's DS3 wrapper which is, in my opinion, the best method of connecting your PS3 controller to a PC. There is a long list of supported dongles in the first post and if you get a dongle that is not yet supported then just contact ScarletCrush and he'll fix so it is.

I spoke about how much of a nightmare setting up a DS3 can be and raved about ScarletCrush's solution here. I also said the only downfall is that you can't map the PS button but not anymore! Here is a separate solution used in conjunction with ScarletCrush's wrapper that works perfectly and has never let me down.

Xpadder isn't concerned with what dongle you're using, only whether there is a compatible gamepad viewable on your system. With the wrapper masking your DS3 as a Xbox 360 gamepad this has been achieved.

Remember what we are actually achieving here:

1. ScarletCrush's wrapper makes your PC think your DS3 controller is a Xbox 360 controller.

2. Button On 360 maps the virtual Xbox 360 guide button to keystrokes depending on whether you tap or press and hold for your specified length of time. I use it for launching HyperPause or holding to exit.

3. Xpadder is taking inputs from the rest of the virtual Xbox 360 gamepad and translates those into keystrokes and/or mouse inputs!

Amazing! All without any discernible lag.

Archived